Monday, May 9, 2011

The Girliest

I have been so preoccupied with all things pink!!! Since I'm looking anything but cute in dresses these days (my husband actually said "Yeah, you don't want to wear that" when I came down in outfit #1 for church yesterday, lol) I thought I would at least check in and say that I've found plenty of other shopping outlets for the time being ;)



In addition to tons of cute outfits, I've also found about a million things on Etsy that my little lady will not be able to live without.











Plus, I've been busily planning her nursery in my mind....


Campbell's Nursery



So that's where my mind (and the contents of our bank account) are at right now! I can't say that I'm feeling particuarily photogenic at the moment, but I'll try to wear something cute soon and check in with an outfit or two. Thanks for all the sweet emails and checking in with me!


*P.S. - I am having the absolute worst, most frustrating time trying to comment with Disqus!!! If your blog uses Disqus for the comments and I have been mum for awhile, please know this is why - I can't figure it out???

24 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't show disqus when I'm on your blog. I love the ruffle butt diaper cover and that knitted polka dot hat is so cute!

Molly said...

HI Jan, LOVE, LOVE the name Campbell. Adorable. Hope you're well.

Jan Russell said...

Hi Gigi -I don't use Disqus on my blog, but when I try to comment on a blog that does use that format it seems to be frozen or takes FOREVER for my comment to post. I've tried logging out and back in again, and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong???

Molly - thanks! It gets mixed reviews, so I'm glad you love it ;)

Kim said...

Hi Jan - the little girl stuff is killing me. So cute!
I use Disqus and haven't had a problem, but I don't know what else to suggest rather than logging out and back in :( Sorry if you're having trouble on my blog.

Jessica said...

What cute little things! Baby girls are so much fun to shop for. I can't wait to see how you decorate your nursery!

Melissa said...

Hey, hey, hey, we'll be the judge of whether or not your dress is cute. (I'm totally kidding. Although I'm pretty sure it WAS cute.)

I think the name Campbell is really cute. And no one should feel free to tell you otherwise! :)

Can't wait to see your outfit posts when you're up to it again!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your pregnancy. Girls are so much fun!
Carolyn
http://dressedupmom.blogspot.com/

triciathomas said...

I love having girls (and boys too) I love the name and totally get the mixed reviews on names since I named my oldest Dorothy and people would always tell me what they thought. Now it fits her with perfection and I have no regrets with that name. I can't wait to see all of the cute things you get for her!

GinaBean said...

LOVE the name Campbell! :-)

modernmom said...

Is Campbell going to be the baby's name? It's cute! Is it a family name, or just a name you love?
You are eating up the girl stuff, huh? I have three boys and one girl too, and I adore my Madison! I tell her every day that I am so glad she is my daughter.

modernmom said...

Oh, are you having trouble on my blog? I saw your comment....

Jan Russell said...

Melissa - I know, who does he think he is, lol!

I'm so glad you guys love her name :)

Modernmom - yes, Campbell is the name we've chosen - all of our kids names are just because we love them! I'm a fan of the last name as first names trend ;)

I'm having trouble commenting with Disqus on all the blogs that use it - I wonder if it has anything to do with my spam/pop-up blocker?? It's better on my dh's computer, for some reason. Mostly it just acts frozen and I can't type in the comment box - very odd. And VERY annoying!

The Frosts said...

Sigh.... I needed this post! LOVE that baby Lulu outfit - Andrea actually bought me that outfit for Miss E and I can't wait until she can wear it this fall! I love every last thing you have picked out for her! I hope you don't hate me for my harrassing comments on FB - I was just missing your mug! XOXOXO Hope you're feeling better. I'm going to call you this week!

Pamela said...

I love the name Campbell! yay! You deserve to spend some time picking out pretty pink things.

I often have problems with logging into Disqus too. I feel bad when I want to comment and can't because it freezes on a blog and it won't allow me to type. Glad I'm not the only one to encounter that.

Molly at Anthromollogies said...

Awwww...I love all those picks. And I LOVE the name Campbell. Actually that name was in the running for our son. Such a versatile name. But Campbell Brown (reporter) is so classy and beautiful...I love it for a girl's name. With all the darling girl things to buy out there...you could spend a bloody fortune!

Jenni said...

I LOVE her name!!!! Cambpell is sooo cute! We named our last son Coby and got so much negative feedback...especially from my mom. I just didn't care and we named him that anyways and now everyone always tells me how cute it is...funny. Kids totally grow into their names I think. I can imagine how much fun you're gonna have with all this baby girl shopping...a whole new world! I LOVE all the cute things you've found so far!!!

Lisa said...

Hi Jan, I am still ohhhh-ing and ahhh-ing over all those precious pink items you posted. I simply love decorating and I'm so jealous you get to decorate Campbell's nursery. And I adore her name. Such a strong, confident yet lovely name for a girl.
and I hear ya, Disq is so annoyingly frustrating. It take 4 ever to load for me and when it finally does, it does not post my comment. So I type it in again then eons later, I see it's posted it twice. Gak!
Hope you are well. What food are you currently craving?

Cindi said...

OMG...this post makes me want to have a baby girl...like pronto. I love all the pink floral...things! Ugh! How exciting and what a great time you must be having!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

Oh, all this pink is too cute! I especially love the ruffled diaper cover (I'm sure there's an actual name for that??? Bloomers?).

I'm having trouble with Disqus too! I tried logging out, to no avail. I don't know what else to do. At first I thought my computer was too old (I've had it since junior year of college!), but I used to be able to use it without any problems. I'm perplexed...

vintageglam1234 said...

Ahh..Campbell - that's a great choice! Baby girls' things are so much pretty than baby boys'. I hope to have one of each in the future :-)
I love that frilly baby pantie...sooo cute and luxe!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS! A little girl...how amazing for you:)
The clothes are to DIE for...I have a lil boy..but my bestie is preggers w a lil girl and it has been HEAVEN shopping for lil items for her. TOO fun.
Hope your bank account survives.
C

TaraMixandMatch said...

So excited for you! My favorite is that adorable knit hat!

Gemma said...

I love the name Campbell. All your boys have great names, too. That frilly pink diaper cover is too cute! You think I can get away with putting that on mine, even if it turns out to be a boy?

Glad to hear you're doing well. I haven't done anything but buy a new infant car seat/stroller. I'm sure you're looking as cute and stylish as always! Take care!

Michelle said...

As a mom of 3 young girls, I can say you will absolutely LOVE having a girl! So excited for you!
My husband got me the Oblique Blooms Dress from Anthro for Mother's day -- I wish I had your great styling techniques! I need to figure out what to pair with it for a wedding!