I was so excited when I saw that Lisa was selling her Perilla Dress...stretchy jersey is a pregnant girls best friend! I was hopeful I'd be able to wear the dress for my uncle's 50th Birthday Party and luckily, it fit! Not everyone shared my enthusiasm though...my husband wanted to know why they would make maternity clothes with horizontal stripes. I explained that the dress was non-maternity, but it didn't make him feel any better about the pattern on my expanding frame. Oh well, did I mention that it fit? Because that is all that matters these days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

28 comments:
Okay -- this looks ABSOLUTELY adorable on you. I see no problem with you wearing stripes when expecting your little one -- especially with a dress as cute as the Perilla. And the red cardigan is a great accent to spice up the neutral color palette!
Jan I miss you!
You look fantastic, how are you feeling these days?
I was going to say Spiffy's exact works - Jan, I miss you! I'm so happy to see your post today and you are beautiful in your Perilla!!
There's nothing wrong with horizontal stripes! This dress looks so cute on you. Hope you are doing well!
Gosh Jan, you look amazing. The Perilla dress looks wonderful on you. Yes, it has horizontal stripes, but my, it looks so flattering!
good to hear from you :-)
You look great. Don't listen to the man. He should know well enough that his only role in that conversation was to tell you how amazing you look.
Hi Jan! You look AMAZING and that dress looks so darn cute on you. I hope all is well. You certainly look it! :-)
I've always loved that dress, and it looks so cute on you...what do men know about fashion anyway lol!
You tell Mr. Boy Mom that I wear horizontal stripes all the time. Wide ones, to boot! You look as cute as you usually do. Nice curls, lady :)
YOu are adorable in this! ANd YES...it't totallu fits perfect! Don't you just love it when husbands make comments on fashion...I tell my husband if he has nothing nice to say, say nothing at all! =) I think the whole look is perfection. Hope you're feeling ok these days...I'm missing your posts!
The dress looks great on you! I love the cardi and that necklace is one of my favorites. I wear mine all of the time.
I think you look SO cute. Men are dumb-uh sometimes. Especially when it comes to clothes. :)
You look darling, that dress is perfect on you!
Jan, you look cute as a button! And I'm so glad to see you here again! I'll echo all the others and say that I've missed you! How are you feeling?
I miss you too! I love that dress and it is perfect for maternity wear! Jersey is a girls best friend if you ask me!!
I love that dress on you!!! I am all over wearing mine when I decide to get preggo again! Maybe in a year or so! Darling dress and I still cannot tell you are pregnant!
You look fabulous! You totally can pull off the horizontal stripes. Men should just tell pregnant women they they are beautiful and glowing and leave it at that :)
Hi Jan! The dress looks perfect on you. Can't tell you're pregnant, even with the horizontal stripes. How did the 4D U/S's go? Can you see your sweet baby girl's face well? Good to see you!
Enshroud yourself with stripes! Then lovingly tell your husband you didn't marry him for his fashion know-how, cause you look gorgeous! Yea for stretchy fabrics, my BFF's these days!
Jan, you are a vision in that dress. You are glowing! Psssh! Men, what do they know???
I agree, jersey dresses have definitely been my best friend lately. ;-) You look so cute! I hope you've been feeling well. I've been feeling great lately and can't wait to meet my girl in about 9 weeks!
Hey there
I found my way over here via Ginger Girl.
I was intrigued by your blog name
I too, have only boys and a husband that really just doesn't get it.
Look forward to following your blog
brett
You are simply the most adorable preggers mom ever, ever, ever! Yay for stretch! How well I remember those days, when all it seemed a girl could find was a stretch knit black skirt...so boring. But in this, you look any-anything but boring!
I agree with all the comments that say you look great. That dress is totally flattering, horizontal stripes or not!
Seriously, I've missed you...you're just as adorable as ever, ever, ever! Can't wait to see pretty little baby either! =)
Kristina J.
Where did you go?
missing your posts. hope everything is going well.
Hi Jan! I tried emailing you to se how you're doing...not sure if you got it or not. Hope all is well...miss you and your fun posts!
Post a Comment