Today I had the rare chance to visit Anthropologie in person. It's been OVER A YEAR since the last time I was there, so I was pretty excited to check out the goods in person!
The real purpose of my visit was to return some curtains that did not work out for our bedroom, and this skirt, which did not arrive with the pink waistband it was pictured with on Anthro's website. I intended on exchanging it for the yellow but the color was really not appealing to me when I saw it in person.
The real purpose of my visit was to return some curtains that did not work out for our bedroom, and this skirt, which did not arrive with the pink waistband it was pictured with on Anthro's website. I intended on exchanging it for the yellow but the color was really not appealing to me when I saw it in person.
Other things I tried on that did not work out included the Strung Symmetry top which I had hoped the reviews were wrong about - nope - it was just as huge and shapeless as everybody said. And the Sleeveless Shawl Collared Boatneck, which I really did love...when I was standing still. The moment I moved my arms the neckline just kind of flopped up and looked a hot mess.
Split Stripes Dress, $148
Sls Mx Stripe Maxi Dress, $148
A line skirt, $68
Tiered skirt, $68
Symmetry
Sleeveless Shawl-Collar Boatneck, $48
Sls Mx Stripe Maxi Dress, $148
A line skirt, $68
Tiered skirt, $68
Symmetry
Sleeveless Shawl-Collar Boatneck, $48
And while on the topic of hot mess...I spotted this Split Stripes Dress and mistakenly thought it was another colorway of the maxi version. I could not for the life of me understand the hemline and why it looked so different in person, lol. The armholes were really odd on this dress too, so you would need a cami layered underneath. It was insanely comfortable though. It's the only piece I snapped a picture of - when I showed it to my husband he asked if it was a mumu? Does that mean he doesn't like it? Maybe the Maxi version would win him over?

Now, onto the things I did love...major yes please, to the Art of Pursuit top - the fit was adorable! And I actually really loved the Titan Blooms, which is already on sale, but my store had so many then I'm hoping I can score a charge-send when it goes to second cuts. The other two tops and dresses were all winners for me too, but I will be waiting (hopefully not too long!) for them to hit sale.
So there you have it, I was not swept up into any impulse purchases even after my loooong dry spell of not visiting a brick and mortar store. Are you so proud of me? My husband (who was waiting in the van the entire time with all four kids) certainly was - proud, and probably very relieved ;)


3 comments:
Oh I think that dress is so cute- Not a mumu at all! Your husband is a good man for waiting in the van with 4 kids! I haven't been buying much at anthro for many months either but I'm looking forward to actually trying things on again, even if I don't purchase- hopefully a free shipping promo kicks in again soon bc I have a feeling I won't be escaping much for a while.
And I'm still hanging in there. Every tingle twitch and sting I think "ohhh is this it!?" nope. Not yet!
That dress is so cute! I really like the belt, too. It's a good look.
Super proud of you girl! I'm trying so hard to be better about not shopping as much...it's hard with all those cute things out there! I actually think that dress is pretty cute on you...very fun! Lots of great things on your wish list...we think alike because lots of them are on my list as well! =)
Post a Comment