Friday, March 2, 2012

Popping In, Popbacks & Pop - My Bubble Just Burst

So, after correcting some technical difficulties with my browser and losing 54lbs of baby weight, I am finally able to start posting on this blog again! Though probably not as frequently since I am allocating the clothing funds to Campbell these days and what pretty things I do buy for myself she usually spits up on before I can snap a picture.

Today my much anticipated Visual Language Tank arrived from Anthropologie. I have been dreaming up ways to wear this cute piece, and collecting inspiration from others over on Polyvore - you can check out the sets here, and see for yourself just how perfect it is...

Hopefully, those outfit ideas will sell you on this tank, because seeing it on me certainly won't. I understand, and like that this piece is supposed to be "flowy" but it crossed the line over into moo moo territory when I tried it on. Such a sad shame because the tank is adorable - the colors are awesome and the hem detail is great. It's also lined, so you don't need a cami underneath (I put one on for modesty-sake) and the armholes are not huge either. Really, with this one it's a case of "it's not you, it's me" So disappointed that I can't pull this one off! If you are petite, it's probably going to be a pass.

Please overlook the fact that I did not curl my hair or put on enough make-up to look alive in these pictures! If we waited for those things to happen it might be another 4 months until I updated ;)


Next up was the fantastically priced Ruffled Ribbed Tee, which I loved enough to order in two colors. Pictured is the "red" which is more of a vibrant orange IRL. The detail at the neck, weight of the tee and comfort were all terrific. Not so great? The fact that it puckered and pulled across the top and made me look self-consciously busty. And for the record, I am not nursing and should not be having this problem...


Can you see what I am talking about?


The black colorway is on backorder, so I'm still holding out hope that it will fit slightly better. For now the red is being sent back. Even a great price at Anthro is still too much to pay for a piece I don't love.

Something I do love, and I mean LOVE, LOVE is the new Weekly Popbacks Thread over at Effortless Anthropologie. It's running today! I grabbed this cute Drape & Twist Top a couple weeks back for a steal. I can understand why it was returned as it's probably too short for your average bear. It's practically a crop top on me, and I'm barely 5ft tall. Happily, a cami solved this sufficiently and I might be able to tuck it into a high waisted skirt?


Another recent popback I was able to find and score for myself was the Earl Gray Necklace. A super cute accessory, but not nearly as cute as what I wear on my arm ;)

Hope to pop in again soon! I miss you girls!

19 comments:

Kay said...

Jan! You look great! Great to see you posting again! And your new addition is just precious!!! :)

Katie said...

So happy to see you're back! Love the drape & twist tee (I am nursing so it is like the best thing since sliced bread)! Okay - how did you lose the baby weight? You look freakin' amazing!! Seriously - I need some advice. I lost the weight fairly quickly with my first son but after having my second boy in December I find myself with 20 lbs to lose! AGH! I have a closet of beautiful clothes that don't fit and I really need some advice from someone who has been there and done that.

Agreed re: EA's popback thread. The Earl Grey Necklace is so pretty.

Congratulations on your daughter, she is so beautiful. You guys make an adorable pair.

Unknown said...

You look darling. Congrats on the weight loss. That's phenomenal. Your new little girl is so cute!!!

Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos said...

We miss you too Jan! You look amazing! Campbell is a doll, good job!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

You lost 54lbs?! Girl, where did you put 54lbs?! Welcome back!

Alicia Marie said...

You looks SO fantastic. 54 pounds?!?! You have GOT to tell me how you did that. Got to. Love the "arm accessory" the best!

shopwithm said...

Welcome back Jan!! I've missed your posts. :) You look amazing and your little baby girl is sooo adorable. I can't blame you for spending the shopping money on little itty bitty dresses!

Carol said...

Ooooh, Campbell is just TOO cute! And I'm so glad you're posting again. :) That last top is adorable on you - I love Roxy's popback posts too. :)

SRP said...

Cute outfits! So happy you are back! 54 pounds....wow Jan, that's impressive! My baby girl should be here in a week but if my senses are correct I'm going to say 2. Your girl is a doll and girl clothes are really soo much fun!

Jessica said...

We've missed you Jan! And you look great girl!! And of course your little girl is gorgeous, just like her momma!

Jenni said...

You look so great Jan! Baby weight, what?!!! So bummed the tank didn't work out for you! Dang! I'll let you know how it works for me when I get the chance to try it on. PS--Campbell is just adorable!!! =)

ChristinaD said...

Jan you look amazing!! Your little girl is precious!! I hope you are able to write more often I was so excited when I saw a new post!!

Pamela said...

Campbell is adorable! And woman-you look awesome!!!!
I think I need to check out the popback thread!

Molly at Anthromollogies said...

Hello, Foxy! You look smokin'! 54 pounds? I don't believe it. You seriously look amazing. So glad you're back! I love the Earl Grey necklace, but Campbell is beating it by a landslide...I have yet to score anything from the popback thread since nothing has peacked my interest....but I'm sure I'll find something soon.

Peggy said...

You look beautiful! You always do! Girl, 54 pounds - how on earth? When did you have time to think about getting in shape while taking care of 4 kids?? Super Mom!

Jennifer said...

Welcome back! You look amazing! That's a ton of weight to lose, how did you do it?? The new little one is adorable!! Congratulations!

Jeri said...

I was so sad about the Visual Language tank too...I ordered it and LOVE the colors, and it is SO comfortable...but the shape was just really blah on me. Being busty on top it just sort of hung from there, making all of me look that large. If I was creative I'm sure I could come up with ways to wear it, but I'm not that creative!!

You look mahvelous, darling!

Jeri said...

I was so sad about the Visual Language tank too...I ordered it and LOVE the colors, and it is SO comfortable...but the shape was just really blah on me. Being busty on top it just sort of hung from there, making all of me look that large. If I was creative I'm sure I could come up with ways to wear it, but I'm not that creative!!

You look mahvelous, darling!

Anonymous said...

Jan you look awesome! I just thought I'd take a peek at your blog and see if you were back and here you are! Look forward to all your posts. You baby girl is soooo cute!!