Saturday, February 12, 2011

OOTD - Precious Materials

Every so often I feed myself the "you can live without it" line. After so much time passes, I find myself on Ebay wondering why I ever listen to that reasonable voice inside my head. Such is the case with the Precious Materials Cardigan - I thought I could live without out, and was wrong! I had this adorable piece all packed up for Disney, but decided I wanted to wear it to my uncle's 60th Birthday Party tonight, too. Of course I first had to attend Harrison's 8am basketball game (he scored three baskets!) and my husband was quick point out the obvious - I was way overdressed. Sometimes I think he's just jealous because he coaches the team and has to wear the assigned uniform...it's no where near as cute!

Anthropologie Precious Materials Cardigan
Loft Lace Trim Cami
H&M Skirt
Anthropologie Slinking Frills Pumps


We leave bright and early tomorrow morning for the happiest place on earth! I'll be excited to catch up with you all when we get back!

15 comments:

Kim said...

You look adorable! I love the whole outfit.

Laura said...

The Precious Materials is perfect on you. You turned a simple Black Skirt into a stylish outfit. I eBay's my Cardi too. Then it hung in the closet for TWO months before I finally wore it.

SRP said...

and the H&M skirt strikes again! it's the best, right?
have a fantastic (and safe) trip!

shopwithm said...

Love this outfit on you. You totally needed this sweater -- it screams Jan! Have a FABulous trip!!!!

Peggy said...

love it - that sweater suits you! Have fun in Disney!!

Jessica said...

Adorable! I love how there is gold in the cardi and in those shoes. Have a great time at Disneyworld!!!

Molly at Anthromollogies said...

Yes, you totally NEEDED it. Looks fabulous on you! And if my mom every dressed like that at my sporting events, I'd feel so cool. Have a great time with the kids at Disneyworld!

Carol said...

Oh, Jan, you're SO adorable in this, and now I wish I'd bought it too! Though, my story is worse! I bought it and returned it! What was I thinking??? Hahaha - and you weren't overdressed! It's just the way you dress! (That's what I tell myself when I'm grocery shopping in my dresses and heels.)

Have a safe and fun trip. Can't wait to hear about your Disney adventures!

Cindi said...

Have a fun and safe trip, Jan!!! You'll look so great on vacation I'm sure and I hope you share some pics when you get back!

TaraMixandMatch said...

Have a blast in Disney! You look great, who cares if you were only going to a basketball game lol!

vintageglam1234 said...

Overdressed for your son's basketball match?! hehe..no way! Who says moms need to dress down for such a very special occasion like that :-) You're so very cute Jan!

Melissa said...

I'm sure he IS jealous. I would be too! :)

Let me know if you think you might have a chance to get together (if by Disney you mean the one in Orlando)! I'd love to meet you!

Kim said...

Jan - we are headed to Disney on Wednesday night! I will keep an eye out for you. :)

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Have a wonderful trip, Jane - and happy V-Day to you and your fam!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

I hope you're having a fantastic time at Disney World! And I think this outfit is divine. The Slinking Frills are a fun addition to the sweet Precious Materials. Just lovely!