Saturday, February 5, 2011

OOTN - Lesson Learned, Drive Separately Next Time

Tonight was Girls Night Out with my neighbors, and since I don't drink, I'm always the designated driver. I wouldn't mind, except that staying out until 1am is way, way past my bedtime. The good news is that I got to wear my new top and cute shoes. The bad news is that my oldest has an 8am basketball game in the morning.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not a fan of being the DD not because I can't drink but, because I have to wait around for everyone to be done with their shenanigans... I love those shoes, they are to die for!

Pamela said...

Omg, being around tipsy people when you aren't can get rough. Esp when you're ready to call it a might and they aren't. But what we do for our girlfriends (and maybe husbands...)! ;-)

You look cute in jeans!!

TaraMixandMatch said...

I love your shoes Jan! Sorry you were out so late...I know what you mean being up that late anymore is so rough! And even worse having to get up early! I was in a similar situation last weekend.

Molly said...

I don't drink either so end up leaving earlier than everyone. They get a non drinking night owl to get them home. 1 AM is way past my bed time too. You look cute, I love that Antrho top on you.

SRP said...

the deuxhill is fab, right? I ended up keeping the black and buying the purply printed one as well- in a size much too big but I like of like it belted.
Anyway, 1am is way too late for me too. By 10am i'm headed for bed, especially on Friday, I'm beat! Saturday it's a bit easier but I also don't have kids!

Jenni said...

Thankfully most of my girlfriends don't drink so everyone actually remembers what we did at our girls nights! Haha you look really cute in that outfit and the shoes are so fun! Hope you can catch a few zzzz's today in the form of a nap (wishful thinking, I know)! =)

Unknown said...

I can't remember the last time I was out until 1a. It definitely makes for a rough early morning. I didn't like that top when I tried it on, but it looks so cute on you & esp w/a cardi over it.

Peggy said...

looking good for Girl's Night Out! Love that cowlneck from Anthro! Hope your son wins the game!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Oh lady, I need those shoes in my life now, except I can't decide on a color!

Have a great girls' night out!

Cindi said...

1 am...oy! I used to do that no problem, but nowadays, 11 pm seems late to me. The hubs and I didn't return home until 3 am last night though because we were at a shooting event to raise money for a fund, but we stopped in Chinatown for a late night snack and the restaurant was filled with clubbers getting food drunk. We felt sooo old.

Lisa said...

yay for girls night out. whoa, 1am is a bit late for me too, esp when my kids wake up at the crack of dawn. take a nap at your son's basketball game ;-)

Carol said...

Oh, I'm SO not good at being around the more or less inebriated when I'm stone cold sober (does getting giddy on too many glasses of iced tea count)? So, when the girls want to hit the bars, that's when I make my exit, haha. You're a good friend to be the DD, Jan.

And may I say, you look amazing in that outfit? The Deuxhill top is really adorable on you and oh, those shoes! I WANT.

Melissa said...

Sleep is SO overrated. :)

That cowlneck looks awesome on you! I love the color. Hope you had a great time!