Tuesday, March 8, 2011

OOTD - I swallowed a basketball

Ideally, women like to wait until 12 weeks when their first trimester comes to a close to share their pregnancy news. But when you are expecting baby #4...certain things give you away...

We are still wrapping our minds around this exciting news! We were "open" to having a fourth and not preventing it, but now that it's a reality we keep looking at each other and saying "omigoodness, how are we going to have FOUR KIDS??!!" I am 9 weeks along and had an ultrasound at 8 weeks that showed the baby and heartbeat - believe it or not, it still doesn't feel real!!! My quickly expanding belly? That feels real. I have some other OOTD to post soon now that you all know the news and won't just be thinking I stuffed myself silly at Disney last month ;)

Clearly, this skirt has a very stretchy waistband! The X-small should fit me for months to come.

Drawing Parallels Skirt III



Here are some ways I'll be wearing this skirt in the Spring

Drawing Parallels Skirt II



Drawing Parallels Skirt I

63 comments:

AppGal said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What exciting news. I can't wait to see how you style your pregnancy...I know you will be just adorable!

Anonymous said...

You look soooo cute! Congratulations on #4! Wowza, I can't imagine. I have a hard time with 2 :)

Debbie said...

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! You look adorable with your tiny little bump. :-)

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Congratulations, Jan! I'm so excited for you - you look fantastic!

Sandrine said...

Congratulations! Amazing how beautiful you are, even after 3, and soon 4 kids! I also wore that top in two different color ways during my pregnancy last year. They fitted until the end! I like them a lot.

Alicia Marie said...

Congrats!!! You are so cute, with your tiny little bump. How exciting for you guys! How far apart will your youngest and the new baby be?

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh, congrats!!!!!! I'm so excited for you Jan! Your little bump is soooo cute! How are you feeling? You will be the cutest prego girl!!! Hugs!!

Dea said...

FANTASTIC news Jan, I am so so happy and estatic for you and your family!! You amaze with with your endless amount of diligence and energy and can't wait to learn from you as you go through your pregnancy. Felicidades!!!

sparrowsandsparkles said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! You look great! I'm so happy for you and your family. I can't wait to see how you dress your changing body because I've always loved your style.

shopwithm said...

Oh wow, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!! Can't wait to see all your maternity OOTD. :)

jen said...

Just wanted to say Hi and congratulations! I read your blog every day but never really comment. How exciting for you all. I have four children myself (three boys)! Once you have three it's pretty much crazy so having a fourth will be a piece of cake. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jan!! I am so happy for you and your family. What wonderful news!!!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is such exciting news! Having four boys myself, I have to agree with Jen that adding the 4th child is a piece of cake. You will do wonderfully! :)

Erin said...

Ohmygoodness, this is so exciting!!! Congratulations to you and your family, Jan!! You look absolutely wonderful! :) Hope you are feeling great!

Carol said...

Oh, Jan!!! Wow, congratulations! Baby #4! It's just amazing and incredible. =D You know, I'm the first of four children, myself.

Are you going to find out if the baby is a girl or a boy, or are you planning to wait on that? Sigh...I admit to being a teeny bit jealous, because I love love love babies so. I just don't love the being pregnant part, haha.

And your outfit is perfect and darling. I'm wondering how to create something similar with the things in my closet...hmm....

Kim said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations Jan! You are so cute!

shop girls said...

Oh my gosh! Jan!! I'm so excited for you!! This is really really wonderful, special, super fantastic news! Congratulation!

Cat said...

oops that was me in the comment above - different profile.... just as well because I get to say Congrats again ;)

Leah said...

oh wow - this is SO exciting!!! :) Congrats to you and your sweet family. You look adorable...I look forward to seeing your maternity look in the next few months!

Jess said...

You seriously have the most adorable baby bump ever! Congrats to you and your family of six! <3

Amy said...

Congratulations!! I'm also excited to see your cute pregnancy style through the next 9ish months - hope you will continue to show us your outfits as the pregnancy goes on!

Molly at Anthromollogies said...

Jan, I'm so excited for you! A happy, happy congratulations to you and your husband. That skirt is totally perfect for the coming months...stretchy as all get out. Music to a prego-lady's ears! Have you been sick? Hope you're feeling well. You look simply glowy!

Cindi said...

OMG!!! Congrats, Jan!!! What an exciting time. Four is a great number. I can't wait to see you go through this journey. You'll be such a cute pregnant mommy!

Sara said...

OMG, congrats! What exciting news. You are a brave woman to have 4 kids! Supermom! :)

Lorraine said...

Jan, that is so exciting! Congratulations! You're little belly bump is adorable! I hope you're feeling okay. Your green skirt is way cute and looks great on you.

Molly said...

Wow Jan that is just super news. I can't believe you braved Disney pg!! So happy for you and you look adorable today.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Lisa said...

Hi Jan, Heartiest congratulations! So happy for you =) and you look so adorable preggers.

GinaBean said...

OMG! Congrats Jan!!!! This is incredibly exciting news!!!!! :-) You are the cutest little pregnant lady!!! :-) I'm sort of crossing my fingers that you have a little girl. :-)

Meaghan said...

Congratulations!

I haven't commented before, but have been following you blogs for a while now - I love your style! Can't wait to see how you style with the baby bump now!

Anonymous said...

So exciting! congratulations! And it's going to be so fun to see the outfit posts on the cutest little pregnant woman ever! (Assuming you'll be able and willing, of course!) ;)

Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos said...

Congrats Jan! We are very much in the same boat. ;)

Peggy said...

Oh how exciting!! Congrats Jan! I'm so happy for you!!

Tifani said...

Jan, I am SO excited for you and your family! You will love having four kids. It just feels so complete and even. Sending prayers for an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

Kim said...

Congrats, Jan! I'm thrilled for you!

Sara Jane said...

Congrats! That is such exciting news. It will be fun to see how you dress throughout your pregnancy.

Martha said...

Exciting news! I am due in May with my 4th boy, so I will be ready to hear what you are having :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How wonderfully exciting for you, your husband and your boys :) I look forward to hearing how your pregnancy goes, and of course seeing all of your stylish maternity outfits!

Unknown said...

How exciting! Congratulations :-) You still look teeny.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know you'll be a stylish mommy(again!)-to-be!

Jessica said...

Congrats, how exciting!!! You are adorable with your tiny little baby bump!

modernmom said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I did not read all your other messages (on purpose), b/c I did not want to worry about repeating what everyone else said- so mine is fresh. ;)
Four is so awesome, you will love it. Especially after the shock wears off. Haha
I can't wait to see what you will be wearing everyday.
Prayers for good health. How are you feeling?

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

Jan I can't believe you're pregnant again! How exciting! Are you secretly hoping you have a little girl?

TaraMixandMatch said...

Yaaay!!! So excited for you Jan! I can't wait to see all of your adorable pics throughout your pregnancy! Oh, and that skirt is a gorgeous color!

Pamela said...

ACK!!! CONGRATULATIONS JAN!!!! I am so excited for you and your family!!!!!

I know it's early and I know the most important thing is the baby is healthy, but how much are you hoping for a little girl?!?!?! Yay!!! I just can't stop smiling for you! xoxo

SRP said...

I am soooo happy you are populating this planet with more beautiful children! seriously, all the best- how very exciting!

Carly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Oh my gosh, you are just glowing!! You look beautiful and I pray that you remain in great spirits and health throughout your pregnancy! You are just the cutest mother in the world :)

A said...

Congratulations! Such exciting news!

LC said...

Congratulations Jan! Such wonderful news and you look beautiful!

s.e.kennedy said...

Congratulations, Jan! I am a longtime reader, but I have never commented before now. What happy news! Your family is just gorgeous, and this baby will be icing on the cake. :-) Whenever I read your blog, I will say a special prayer for a healthy baby and easy pregnancy for you! Congrats again!

vintageglam1234 said...

CONGRATULATIONS JAN!!!! What happy, exciting news! You are going to be one busy mom, but I know you can do it. I can tell you are a caring, loving mother (and wife) :-)
Your bump looks so cute!! Congrats again!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

Oh my goodness -- what fantastic news! Heartfelt, giddy congratulations to you and your family! I'm sure your boys will be absolutely delighted to have another adorable sibling ;)

Lifeasahoosier said...

Congratulations Jan!!!...how exciting!!! I can't wait to see how you Anthro up the pregnancy look :)

Love this outfit on you. That green skirt is super cute! It just says that spring is on the way!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Jan!!! Best wishes for an easy pregnancy and healthy baby! It's exciting that we get to go along for the ride for the next 8 (or so!) months!

Jan Russell said...

Thank you all so much for your sweet words and excitement for our family!

I haven't been too sick, but I have been beyond exhausted, I am going to bed SO early! My gut feels like this baby is a boy, but yes, a girl would be wonderful...I know the baby will be exactly who is meant for our family either way ;)

Alicia Marie - they will be *exactly* two years apart (Graham's b-day is 10/13 and the baby is due on 10/9) which scares me since my other boys are 3.5 years apart - this will be my first time with two in diapers/double stroller etc.

Carol - I will most definitely be finding out the gender in a couple of month!

Martha - congrats on your little guy on the way!

Ashley Wilson said...

Jan- congratulations!!! How exciting! Your family is so cute and I am thrilled for you that you are adding to it!

Kay said...

Congrats, you! Your little bump is so adorable!

Sherry said...

Congratulations on your little bundle of blessing! When it comes to kids, I say the more the merrier! Your outfit is so cute and I am sure you will be styling your baby-bump outfits just beautifully!

Kathleen said...

Congrats! I have four kids, and it's wonderful! We're still "open" about having a fifth, but much more "careful" now and old enough that it's much less likely.

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Unknown said...

I have a green skirt that I never know what to pair with and you just totally inspired me to pair it with my hallowed hall oxfords (neither get enough love!) and right in time for st pattys, hooray!

and congratulations, you are the cutest mom ever :)

Kristin said...

I caught up on your blog today so I started with the most recent posts and kept scrolling down. I noticed right away in the first few pictures that you looked even more beautiful and now I've figured out the reason why! You are glowing! You have always looked gorgeous but the lastest pictures show how you are just shining from within. Stunning! Best wishes for a healthy and happy pregnancy and congratulations to the entire family!