Wednesday, March 2, 2011

OOTD - Little Black Dress

I decided I needed to show some more love to my Hallowed Halls Oxfords, and since I'm none too creative about what to pair them with, I reached for a basic black dress.

Anthropologie Hallowed Halls Oxfords

I was hoping some items from my wishlist would be on sale this morning, but no luck! How is a girl supposed to take advantage of free shipping when the sale disappoints?! Hopefully, you all scored some goodies!

17 comments:

Molly said...

Disappointed here too but good for my wallet. Love those shoes, adorable. The whole outfit is cute.

Jess said...

Yes I was also disappointed .... especially after all the hype ..... Ok I have been eyeing that jcrew necklace and now that I see it on you I love it even more!! What do you think of it?

Tifani said...

Those shoes deserve serious love.

I am happy to say that my Powdered Pigment dress is on sale. You wouldn't believe how flattering it is on. My problem is whether or not to buy my current size or size down since I'm losing weight. Having that smaller dress would be great incentive to stick to my health plan.

Debbie said...

Cute! I love my oxfords too. They also go well with maroon or purple tights if you want some more ideas. :-)

Melissa said...

You look adorable! Those shoes are really great. Sorry the sales were disappointing!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

triciathomas said...

Amen the sale was a bust for me too! I think those cute shoes look great with a simple black dress!

Kay said...

Jan, I know what you mean about the sale. My wishlist was all full-price-icky this morning too. I went to the store to try on stuff and ended up shopping anyway! I'm a sucker!

OMGoodness, you are cute-as-can-be in your little black dress + the Oxfords. I'm dying of cuteness!!!

Pamela said...

I always manage to find something to buy at the sale! It's a problem...

I am just catching up on my blog reading and I hope you're feeling better! You sure look cute in this outfit. I like the uber black tights with the shoes. I like Debbie's idea with purple tights, too. I just love a deep rich tight with those oxfords--I have a friend who has them and when she wears I kick myself for not picking up a pair!!

M @ Cardigans and Cupcakes said...

I love those shoes and yes yu should wear them more because they are so cute. I will have to check out the sale esp. with free shipping.

http://cupcakeadventures12.blogspot.com/

TaraMixandMatch said...

Very pretty Jan! Too bad nothing went on sale, watch everything you want go on sale all at once lol!

Gemma said...

What happens when the sale isn't all that great? You buy full price like I did with the Berry Months dress. Or you can find something possibly worthy of sale greatness and have (make?) your husband, who's out of town in Orlando, and your sister (hubby's shopping helper), go to the store and just buy something for you anyway, like I did. And am now the owner of the D'Armee dress, Soft Spectra top and possibly the Glanz dress. We'll see if they fit when they come home tomorrow!

Did you get to go to the store when in Orlando?

vintageglam1234 said...

Jan, you may not think you are creative, but this outfit is perfect in everyway - it's classy, sophisticated and just looks effortless. Nice shoes - good to see you wearing them again!

Lisa said...

Ohhh, I need to show more love to my Hallowed Halls Oxfords too! And you can never go wrong w. a lbd. I'm thinking of pairing my Hallowed Halls w. something red.
nothing on sale that i fancy. but there are some full priced items that i'm drooling over, namely the Quiet Blush Dress. also gonna pick up the Wispy Cirrus Blouse after seeing Kim's review, but I just found out from Roxy's comment that it comes in 3 colors!!! i'm going w. the taupe. am gonna have my cuzzie in the UK pick it up from here ~http://www.darlingclothes.com/product/darling/willa-top/995/

A said...

You look great! I sat this one out as well. Day 2 no shopping - here is hoping:)

Cindi said...

I love this outfit. I love it when people style their little black dresses for the day time. I wore a little black sweater dress this week and it felt great!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

I think the subtle color scheme here is the perfect way to let the Hallowed Halls have their shining moment. This is one adorable outfit!

The Chic Chauffeur said...

love the oxfords!!!! I talked myself out of those, thinking I was od-ing on oxford style shoes, and now I soooo regret it! I think the Equinox Spectators will ease my pain!