Tuesday, March 15, 2011

OOTD - Wear It While I Still Can

I had every intention of taking this skirt to be hemmed yesterday, but when I tried it on before heading to the dry cleaners I realized my baby bump now holds it in place high at my waist and raises the hemline significantly. I don't think pencil skirts are really the way to go for the expectant mom, but I haven't had a chance to wear this skirt since snagging it on a pop-back over a month ago, so I wanted to wear it while I still have a tiny window of opportunity.

J Crew Sunnie Pencil Skirt
Anthropologie 18 Karat Belt
Simply Vera Tights
Target Kady Boots

Did anyone shop the Anthropologie sale this morning? I am hoping this dress fits!

Annona Dress

19 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, Jan, I love that skirt and this whole outfit, so cute! I abstained from the sale this week - not only am I on a shopping ban, but nothing in it was really singing any sort of siren son to me. (This is a good thing, actually - much less mental anguish involved, that way.) You may need to shorten the straps on that dress, but other than that, it should be fine. Oh, except for the preggers part. Though you don't look it yet. =)

Shana said...

I love the look today! I am taking a trip to Anthropologie tomorrow so I will be using you as inspiration when I shop!

Shana

modernmom said...

I picked up a few things (said guilitly...).

Jenni said...

You look great in that skirt today...your little bump is still small enough to get away with it for sure! That dress will be darling on you and totally perfect for your transition period this spring/summer into maternity stuff. You already know I gave in and picked a few things up! =)

Cindi said...

You look just so great!! I can't believe you're expecting because you look fantastic and hardly showing. You are one of them lucky people.

Molly said...

The dress is on it's way to me too. We have similar taste!! I love your pencil skirt. Love the outfit. You are glowing!!

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

Let us know how the Annona Dress works out for you when you get it. I'm thinking it just might have to come home with me too :)

Tifani said...

I can't wait to see you and your cute little bump in new clothes. You will be adorable! The dress you got was on my list, but I decided that I couldn't pull it off and got the soft-structured dress instead. I also grabbed the navy connection shell.

Inkmark said...

You look lovely and I actually think the length look perfect as it is right now :-) I don't think I am able to tell the bump from the picture at all.

Pamela said...

That dress is sooo you! I picked up a couple tops this AM-Twisted polka dots, Every Saturday tee, and Oak Alley Peasant Top. I'm seriously lacking in the top department and these are perfect for Wisconsin spring weather!

That skirt looks great on you. You cannot even see your baby bump! How excited are the boys!?

Cat said...

What a cute little skirt and even better as a popback! So far, I have resisted the sale temptation, but that doesn't mean my shopping cart is empty ;)

vintageglam1234 said...

You look so cute Jan! The skirt is lovely and conceals your little bump. I didn't get anything on sale unfortunately (or should that be fortunately?).

Jack said...

You look super cute as always and I love your teeny tiny bump. My bump is huge (due in may) and my outfits are not quite as cute these days!!! Looking forward to hearing about Disney...planning a trip for Oct. Love your blog!!!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

I love the warm golden color and the subtle plaid pattern. !I'm wearing plaid in today's post also! And that belt makes me smile every time I see itAnd the dress you picked up is darling! I had a gift card and finally bit on the Sun Spiral jacket. It's been on sale for months, so I am hoping it gets a second cut...but if not, it's cute enough that I think it's worth the sale price.

Kristina Clemens said...

No stinkin way!!! You're havin another baby? That's so awesome! Congratulations...and you look fabulous, as always! Can't wait to see you rock the maternity look, darlin'!
Kristina J.

Jan Russell said...

Thanks girls :)

Cindi - oh no, no, no - I do not carry well, I gain 50 pounds by the end and it's really not cute, lol.

Molly & Sara - I can't wait to see how you wear the dress :)

Jack - hooray for nearing your due date, very exciting time!

Inkmark - yes, the length works now, but when I got the skirt/pre-weight gain it was falling on my hips and hanging below my knees - I guess I'll wait until next year to have it altered ;)

I hope those of you who shopped love your goodies when they arrive!

Melissa said...

Oooooh, cute, cute, cute and I love the green cardigan with it! Yes, definitely take your window of opportunity while you can. You're adorable!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

TaraMixandMatch said...

These are such great colors for you! You look so happy in this picture!

Molly at Anthromollogies said...

This color combination is stunning. It makes my eyes SO happy! You look darling, and not at all "expectant". Isn't it awesome how the styles out there, especially at Anthropologie, can work through a pregnancy?