I am easily sucked in at Old Navy. The prices are low and the casual pieces are staples in any stay at home mom's wardrobe. Problem is, I experience buyers remorse just about every time I order from them. I get the items home and realize that they look or feel cheap or the sizing is inconsistent or worst of all - I wash something and yikes! Shrinkage, pilling, etc. I'm making an effort to not be as glutinous when I fill my online cart. I'm choosing fewer pieces to try, and returning the things that don't work, even if they were only $2.99.
Let me just get the bad news out of the way, first. Mostly because this is the way I uploaded pictures on Blogger, and I don't want the hassle of editing the Html.
Distressed Bermudas These pretty much looked like I had fish scales on my thigh. Otherwise, they fit true to size and I liked the color. They will be going back.

The
Cropped Rosette Cardigan is very cute - I am a big fan of peach, and I'm happy to see it on the scene this Spring. I paired this with the
Layered Ruffle Tank from J.Crew. The tank is too big, and super unflattering on my hips when worn alone - but I do like it layered. I'm wearing an XS in Whisper Pink...which despite it's name, did not clash with
ON's Peaches N' Cream.

LOVE, and more love the
Ruffled Neck Cardigan. This is a small in Hint of Mint (the color is almost identical to J.Crew's "breeze") I immediately used my Rewards Bucks to order another in Cream of
Artichoke (who picked that name? Sounds gross) I don't think you could go wrong with this in any color though - super cute!

Another winner was the
Floral Applique Cardigan. I tried on something similar to this at the Loft, and the price tag was double.

The material on the
Rain Jacket-in-a-Packet is very thin and lightweight. I'd much rather wear this then a poncho if I'm caught in the rain at a theme park this Summer. It has two rows of snaps. so you can button it looser if you prefer.

And finally, the
ugly. I'd skip the
Envelope-Neck Jersey dress, unless you are in the market for a too short, unflattering nightgown. I love the half sleeves, but nothing else on this one - too bad, so sad.
What cute things have you found at Old Navy recently? Any great deals?
4 comments:
Hi Jan, this is Sara. I had left a comment about your diapers bags and I now Monique. I love this blog! I'm glad you have some Old Navy reviews. Every time I order from there I always have buyers remorse as well. Things feel cheap and don't seem to fit me well. I stopped shopping there for that fact.
Looks like you found some great things.
The rain coat is darling!
Okay, obviously my brain is not working. Diaper bag--know instead of now Monique--not enough sleep last night.
Hi Sara! Thanks so much for commenting :) And no need to explain, if you only knew how many times I had to edit my posts for errors, even when I run spell check I have issues - mommy brain is an epidemic!
I want to like some of the Old Navy duds especially with 20% back on ebates but I rarely keep anything I buy there. Everything looks super cute on you though!
Post a Comment