Monday, December 6, 2010

En{trench}ed

I was so excited to see that my Anthro order was "out for delivery" this morning - mostly because I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Puckered Plaid Trench. I'm sure by now you've all seen better pictures and reviews of this beauty, but I just had to add my consensus...it's SO CUTE. I absolutely love how the hem swings out, it feels so gloriously girly. I don't usually like my figure in double breasted coats, but this one works. I was scared of the collar, but it's really not overwhelming in person.

I went with a 2P and the fit is perfect.

And here is what was on underneath the coat. My almost indecently short skirt from Banana Republic paired with Anthro's Curlytop Cardigan and Daisy Chain Tights (which btw are wonderfully warm).


22 comments:

Cindi said...

HOW cute! That coat couldn't have looked better on anyone else. And what you wore inside it, just darling!

Kim said...

Adorable!! I love the coat on you Jan. I wanted it so badly when it first came out, and was waiting for a sale, but now it seems pointless for me to buy since I live in Chicago and it was 9 degrees this morning :(
Enjoy it - you look beautiful!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! That coat just looked frumpy on the hanger, but you make it look stellar. And I really love how your wore the Curlytop cardigan and mixed rich, neutral tones throughout. And I've also found that playing with unexpected proportions on top (ie, longer cardi) can help disquise a too-short skirt -- but in truth, I don't think your skirt looks too short at all. Maybe that means I wear my skirts too short, haha!

Mich said...

That coat is perfection on you. I love it! And your outfit is adorable, too. I wish ruffles looked that good on me.

Jessica said...

LOVE that trench on you Jan! And I love how the color combo in your outfit echoes the colors in the trench. A perfect pairing!!

Pamela said...

okay, you have the best coat collection going right now. This trench is so great and it fits you so well.

Dea said...

SO perfect for you Jan, just the perfect amount of classic and girly! The fit seems really flattering as well and I love the outfit underneath!

Carol said...

Oh, Jan, you look wonderful in the coat! For me, I had to choose between that one and the Harvested Honey, so I went with the Harvested Honey. But if I could buy one more, it'd be the Puckered Plaid, hands-down, especially since I've seen you in it now!

Alli said...

Perfection!! Of all the coats I've seen you try on on this blog the puckered plaid really is perfection on you!!!

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni said...

Holy cuteness girl!!! That coat was made for you. I love it! Your outfit underneath is darling too...I am now thinking it's time to start stalking ebay for that cardigan...you're rocking it! =)

vintageglam1234 said...

gahhh..how cute is your baby boy standing next to you by the window. Love that picture.
The coat looks fabulous on you Jan. I also love your curlytop cardi - super pretty!

shopwithm said...

Echoing everyone else, it's perfection on you. I just got mine yesterday and am also in loooove with it. I was worried about the collar as well, but it's one of the best parts (I love how you can adjust it). Of course now that it's so cold, I won't get much wear out of it for while, but that's ok.

Saya said...

I really like the whole outfit. The coat is fantastic and the color of the top you're wearing is amazing. Love it!

Gemma said...

Looks great, just like everyone has said. I'm tempted to track one down, but I'm trying to be good. Someone over at Roxy's website just said the Frill Force got marked down to $99. You need to get a PA for yours!

Mikaela said...

SO cute!! love it on you.

Jan Russell said...

Thank you girls - this one really does feel *perfect* it's one of those pieces that just makes you feel happy!

Kim - it's freezing here in PA too, but I'm lucky that I mostly just run in and out of the car on errands so I don't need super warmth from my coats.

Jamie - trust me, this skirt is short, I don't dare sit down in it ;)

Mich - I think you could pull off anything - you are such a doll!

Carol - well, I LOVED the Harvested Honey on you and would have been more tempted on that one myself if the color looked that good on me. The gold is gorgeous on you!

Shopwithm - can't wait to see you wearing yours!

Gemma - THANK YOU!!!! I hadn't seen that, I just called for a PA and I could squeal, that totally makes my day! I really appreciate you letting me know so I didn't miss the markdown. Honestly, you should get the Frill Force or Puckered Plaid, or both - these are worth being bad for! Did you buy anything at the sale today?

triciathomas said...

LOVE it!!! I did track down the Frill Force which hit sale today BTW!!! I think you still get a PA! Anyway's I also love your outfit, so pretty!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Love love LOVE this entire outfit, Jan! I guess you finally found your coat - how fantastic!
What I love even more is your gorgeous outfit underneather - the silk top with the skirt and boots - you look gorgeous but still ready to chase down a little one!

Lifeasahoosier said...

Oh I LOVE that coat on you! It reminds me of the Inverness Trench from last year (which I own). I would have bought this one too.

You like great Jan!!

sparrowsandsparkles said...

super cute - love it!

Unknown said...

Perfect for you!