Friday, December 3, 2010

OOTD - Dazzling Deer

Today I was Mystery Reader (the kids don't know who is coming in to read to them that day) in my son's second grade classroom. I have definitely found the secret to commanding the attention of a group of 8 year olds....read them Chicken Butt! Thankfully, their teacher laughed right along with the group and I wasn't sent to the principal ;)




OOTD - 12/3


16 comments:

Molly said...

Jan, you look so comfy and cozy. I am on my way to my daughter's 3rd
grade class to do a craft project!! Have a great weekend. Stay warm.

shopwithm said...

Love this on you!! And now I think I might get this book for my nephew. :)

Kim said...

Jan - you look adorable! I've been eyeing that J.Crew Skirt. How's the fit? I was thinking of sizing up so I get some more length?

Cindi said...

I love that outfit and so jealous of your target kady boots. They look so much like the Steve Madden ones but at 1/4 of the price! Haha...chicken butt! So cute.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I absolutely love this outfit! It's perfect! I want that skirt now too.
(btw-you have the reindeer tee listed as $275, LOL!)

Jan Russell said...

Molly - I hope you had fun helping in your daughter's classroom, I'm always "busy" when they need help with crafts ;)

Shopwithm - I think your son might need it in his collection too!

Kim - I think the fit is flexible on this one because of the elastic waist. I ordered it in a 00 and in hindsight I would have gotten the 0 myself for a smidge more length. I just ordered the Cypress Plaid which is a similar cut and got a 0 in that one. I know shopwithm said she went up two sizes for length and it still fit great in the waist.

Cindi - I totally agree they are a dead ringer for the Steve Madden's!

Andi - weird I just noticed that almost all the prices are wrong, but the J.Crew tee is definitely the most (WAY!) off base!

Peggy said...

Jan you look so great in your coat!! Made for u! Love the jcrew tee also. Cute!

Alicia Marie said...

I love the skirt. I need to look into that book for my son! He loves to read.

Carol said...

Jan, I love this outfit - it's so cute and comfy and casual. =) I also love that you read Chicken Butt out loud to your son's class. You so rock. ;)

Jenni said...

Love this skirt on you...it's just too short on me otherwise I'd be all over it! How fun to go read in your son's class...that's neat that it's a surprise! PS...did you cut more bangs? Maybe I'm just losing my mind but the past few posts I've wondered! =) You look great!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Jan, you are the perfect on-the-go-but-still-so-chic mom! You look fantastic - and what I love about your looks is that they are all so comfy and functional too!

Jan Russell said...

Thank you girls!!!

Jenni - you are super observant! I did just get my hair cut, including more side bangs!

Debye said...

You look adorable...I love that skirt and wish it wasn't an ultra mini on me ;(

Isn't the reindeer tee so fun to wear? It goes with everything and I am addicted to the Long Lean cardis

vintageglam1234 said...

Good to see you getting into the christmas spirit by wearing a reindeer tshirt!!
You look lovely and the boots are stunning!
i have no idea what Chicken Butt is...but will have to google it just to find out!

Anonymous said...

Jan, I love your new haircut! You really look great with side bangs! Your whole outfit is so cute, I love your style it's so feminine! Have a get weekend.

Pamela said...

What a fun book!!! I am putting this on my next barnes and noble order for gifts for the little ones in my family!

That reindeer tee is really cute.