Saturday, December 11, 2010

OOTD - one, two, TRIA

Actually, if it weren't for Jamie, I wouldn't even have one way for wearing this skirt. As much as I love the adorable details, I'm not completely sure what works well to pair with it. Thankfully, I remembered Jamie suggesting the Blooming Lattice awhile back, and was she ever right - this sweater is a perfect compliment to the skirt! If you all have ideas - I'd love to hear them, or better yet, if you picked up this skirt on sale too - I'd love to see them!

I finally got my car back this week, and was all excited to be able to park in the garage again...but wouldn't you know my stall is full of insulation for our basement at the moment. I refuse to go out until that frost melts ;)


18 comments:

Kristina Clemens said...

You look so stinkin' (in a great way) cute! That skirt is gorgeous on you and I love it with the sweater. Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet?

Anonymous said...

You look so feminine and girly. I love this outfit!

aurelia b. said...

I love your outfit! I love the navy, gray, wine combination. It looks great!

Dea said...

Jan I love this combo so much!! I picked up this skirt as well and was a bit stumped on what to pair it with.... You did a great job of bringing out its Gorky flair.

Peggy said...

You look beautiful!!

shopwithm said...

Love this outfit, you look adorable! Wish I would have gotten that sweater to pair with the skirt. I picked it up on sale and am wearing it now too, ha! I have it paired with the J.Crew Cambridge Cable Cardi in Heirloom pink, a cream tee with satin applique, tan sweater tights, and my tan Vera boots. Not too adventurous! I'm going to work on some Polyvores for it though. It's such a cute skirt - and sooo comfortable!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

You look fantastic in the Tria skirt - and I need burgundy tights stat!

Gemma said...

Very cute today! Love the ruffles! I went back and forth and back and forth about the skirt. I decided against it, but now I'm back to debating it again. I finally ordered the Mary shirtdress which I was also on the fence about. Did you get it? How'd it work?

Gabby said...

Totally a Genius...Going to have to copy and be Twinsies! This is a hard skirt to pull off. I've been sitting in front of my closet trying to figure it out. You totally blew everyone out of the water. Love the tights. I have all the same pieces except for the tights.GREAT JOB <3http://lepetitdrapiere.blogspot.com>

vintageglam1234 said...

aww..cuteness Jan! Glad you scored this great little skirt. It's so pretty on you. And kudos to you for being a little adventurous and pairing it with berry tights!

TaraMixandMatch said...

Looks great Jan...I love the interesting details of both the skirt and the cardi...and the awesome tights color just tops it off!

Pamela said...

This is a great combination. How would the volante tee look with it? Im sure you're going to fund some great combinations for it.

That stinks that now that you have your car back you have no where to park it. Hmmm. No one wasted any time taking advantage of the extra room in the garage, huh? Isn't that the way it always goes? :-)

Carol said...

Jan, you look so great in this outfit! That skirt with that sweater - oh, it's wonderful! (I don't need the Tria Skirt, I don't need the Tria Skirt, I don't need the Trian Skirt...)

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

First off, thanks so much for the shout-out! And I'm so glad you were able to get this skirt. It DOES look perfect with the Blooming Lattice.

Hmm...as for other possible pairings, I think the Breezy Polkas would be adorable with it. And I can also see the Precious Materials looking oh-so-swell -- definitely a great way to mix neutrals. I'm not sure if you have that cardi, but thought I'd throw it out ther just in case!

Okay, trying to convince myself that I don't need to track down the Tria skirt. Becasue my BL is green and it just wouldn't look as cute : )

Peggy said...

Jan, I was just looking at your other blog!! Your little family is just sooo, sooo cute! All those little boys! God bless you!

triciathomas said...

So pretty!!! Glad you have your car back!!! I love that skirt on you but I feel like I look silly in it (after finally trying it on!)

Kim said...

Cute look jan!! I love the tights w/it.
I paired my Tria Skirt with the Precious Materials Skirt and a polka dot blouse and really liked how it turned out :)

Jenni said...

Love how you'r rocking the maroon tights with this outfit...unexpected yet so perfect! So cute!!!