Thursday, December 2, 2010

Out in Frill Force

I can't believe it's taken me this long to realize the importance of outerwear. Let's face it, at the bus stop, on errands, at preschool pick-up...no one is ever going to see the cute outfit underneath my coat! So the coat itself had better steal the show. The Frill Force Jacket definitely does just that - the ruffles are swoon worthy. This is a regular size 0 compared to my Clinton Trench also by Idra, in a 0p, I can tell I have a lot more room in the arms and shoulder area. I love that this jacket also has a hood and the pockets are at just the right spot. This beauty is sold out on the website, so I'd keep your eyes peeled in store - love it!


19 comments:

triciathomas said...

I LOVE that jacket too!! My sister got me hooked on a few weeks ago!! I am really hoping to snag it on sale but you are making me want to track it down today!

Kim said...

That coat is adorable on you Jan! I've been stalking it waiting for it to go on sale, but I fear it never will, and it's getting too cold here to wear at this point :(

Pamela said...

Wow! I love the ruffles! And you're totally right about the jacket needing to make an impact. That definately does! And the scene you captured in the pic is perfect.

Loraine said...

I love the jacket on you! SO cute!

It's on my wishlist and I'm hoping it pops back up in my size, and on sale would be even better. :)

Jenni said...

Love it! I knew you'd look so cute in this. It's such a great neutral to wear over everything! I finally came to the same realization as you that outerwear must be just as cute as what's under it...then I became a little addicted to coats and jackets! =)

Cindi said...

I love that jacket on you! You make it look so feminine. Can't wait for it to hit sale if it ever will!

Molly said...

Jan, I saw that at the store, it's really cute and you look amazing. Thanks for posting the pic of the coin purse cardi-I found one and love it!

Gemma said...

Cute jacket. Do I need it in my life? ...maybe Looks like it fits perfectly.

Lorraine said...

Jan that coat looks so amazing on you!

Carol said...

Jan, you look so great in this!!! The Frill Force has been my go-to jacket since I got it earlier this fall. I love the hood, the ruffles, and the fact that it's machine washable! Whoo! =D I'm so glad you got it and that you like it as much as I do. I feel like it deserves the love!

Jessica said...

LOVE that jacket and it's at the very top of my wishlist. Please go on sale soon, I need to own you! It looks darling on you!

shopwithm said...

LOVE it on you!! So, so cute. I have a serious coat addiction, b/c from Nov-April, you pretty much don't see my outfits, just like you said!

modernmom said...

My best friend makes fun of me b/c my coat MUST match my outfit. Glad I am not the only one looking for cute coats. ;)

TaraMixandMatch said...

Coat looks great on you...yay!

vintageglam1234 said...

Such a darling coat on you! I agree - when it's cold, our coats do all the talking so may as well make it a coat with cute details!

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

How are you liking your new camera? The one you got is one of the ones I'm looking at for my Christmas gift and I was hoping you could give us an update :)

Kristina Clemens said...

Just wanted to say, I'm about to buy a plane ticket to wherever it is you live, just so I can meet you!

Debbie said...

That jacket is so cute on you! I think I need to put it on my wishlist now too! :-)

Jan Russell said...

Thank you girls! I hope the jacket hits markdown soon so we can all be Frill Force twinners :)

Sara - the camera has been great! I think the recommendations I got from friends to skip the lens kit was key - I've been really happy so far! I think you can't go wrong between the Nikon and Cannon - maybe hit the camera store and play around with both a bit and see which feels more comfortable with you. You'll love either one - I'm sure of it!