Sawyer's preschool class is Christmas caroling at the Senior Center today. While he's crying in a heap over having to don a fancy sweater, I'm fully enjoying the opportunity to wear something festive.
J. Crew Ruffle Cardigan (similar here)
Loft Tee & Necklace
J. Crew Cypress Plaid Skirt
Simply Vera Opaque Tights (Navy)
Mia Gigi Mushroom Crinkle Patent Pumps
22 comments:
Adorable! I really love plaid skirts.
You look awesome!! I love this look, and all the colors from head-to-toe! I also have those shoes and love them -actually I have 3 colors!
Super-cute Jan, the skirt is the best for this time of year!
You look so cute! I love this combo!
I just bought this skirt yesterday!! I'm so excited to wear it and thanks for the outfit inspiration :)
You look super Jan! So festive! That is too funny your little guy is crying having to wear his fancy sweater! Boys will be boys!
Jan, where's your snow? We're getting hammered here. I love the skirt and sweater, very festive and fun.
I am so cracking up about your son in the corner! You look beautiful and festive and totally need to submit this outfit to Kim!
I love you hair, sorry I always notice that first! Did you curl it? It looks so pretty and your outfit is beautiful.
I love it...you look so adorable and festive!
Perfect skirt for caroling!
Great festive outfit combo Jan! I love the whole look. It's part preppy, part modern. And so christmassy. Surely you will be the best dressed mom there ? hehe
LOVE it on you!!
SO pretty! You looks great...bet you were the best dresses momma there! =)
I love the plaid skirt! I love the outfit! I have to say though, because of you I ordered the Cord Atlee skirt. What size did you get? I got the 00 and just hope my big lazy mama belly fits in it. I took big advantage of the extra 30% off sales at J.Crew and the extra 25% off sales at Anthro- buying and getting some PA's. Did you grab anything?
PS- Speaking of boys wearing fancy sweaters, have you checked out Crazy 8 kids clothes website. Really cute boys clothes and their sales are awesome! My boys probably have more clothes than any girl in their class!
Thank you girls - I really do love this skirt, and I'm sure I'll be repeating this outfit over the next week or so - gotta wear the holiday goodies while you can, right :)
Molly - just flurries for us so far!
Addictedtojcrew/anntaylor - thank you, I do curl my hair - but it's just luck whether or not it lasts through the day and looks decent. I am horrible with hair. Really.
Gemma - our mall recently got Crazy8 - they are owned by Gymboree, but their graphics are a lot more age appropriate for my 8 year old -more "big boy" I'm with you, I LOVE buying my guys cute clothes - it's like a game to find adorable boys stuff. I have the tweed Atlee in a 00 and the cord in a 0 and I don't notice a difference, I am sure it will fit you great - they are roomier then this plaid skirt and the wool bell skirt I have. I didn't buy anything at Anthro this week, mainly because I was at the store last Sat. and splurged on some full price things...Did you like the Mary Shirtdress? I forgot to answer you, but I sent mine back - the fit was fine, but it just wasn't love. I probably should reconsider with the extra 25% off. I'm just not sure the volume from the pockets was flattering... I'd love to hear your take! J. Crew is another story. I've definitely taken advantage of their deals - the 30% is just too tempting.
Jan, I can't wait to see some of your full price Anthro purchases in your OOTDs! About the Mary Shirtdress, honestly, I only tried it on real quick to see if it fits and it did. Whenever I get my many packages from UPS/USPS, I open them up, go to our guest room, try them on real quick, make sure they fit and shove them in the closet. This is so the husband doesn't see all the things I buy. Not that he really minds, but I get nervous for some reason. So, I need to try the dress on and check it out in our full length mirror to see if I will keep it. I actually got the Wannigan 0p on a popback and the extra 25 %. The fit is fine. Probably keeping it. Lately it's been too much shopping for me and not enough christmas shopping for others!
i adore the name sawyer. seriously, it's on "the list." you're so cute!
Yours Mine and Ours
This is just the cutest plaid skirt I have seen in a long time. The length works perfectly for you.
And I was almost in a corner myself, laughing, when I read about Sawyer's reaction to his holiday get-up. I can't wait until I have kids to dress up!
And I'm with Gemma -- can't wait to see some of your new Anthro lovelies! I must confess that I've been a bit of an extravagant shopper recently -- I think I'm going to keep both my Paddington Coat and the Cream Confection. Bad, bad girl!
i love the plaid and the warm goldeny sweater. looks good enough to eat! very festive!
Hi Jan, I just found you from Tara's blog "Mix and Match Fashion". You look amazing. Great style, and funny little blog here. I just want to stop by and say hello. Oh, I think Tara is featuring my outfit tomorrow, hope you would check it out. :)
Vicky's Daily Fashion
Post a Comment