Sunday, January 9, 2011

OOTD - Frill after Frill

My outfit for church this morning is one frill after another. I love all the ruffle details going on.

I was disappointed when I called Customer Service after the Slinking Frills Pumps went on sale only to be told they had sold out in my size in stores as well as online. I actually persisted in calling again the following Monday to see if the computers reflected any updates and was told the same sad news...no shoes anywhere in my size. I decided I wasn't going to believe it until I called some stores myself - and what do you know? The third store I called had my shoes, and it happened to be a store in NYC so I still received an additional 25% off the sale price. Consider me giddy. After all of that, I had to wear the shoes the first opportunity I had.

J. Crew Traversa Cardi
Old Navy Blouse
Anthropologie Tria Sweater Skirt
Anthropologie Slinking Frills Pumps

17 comments:

Pamela said...

Good for you for being determined! The outfit is so cute and the shoes are a great compliment to it! I like to start off a NY stores when I'm tracking things down. I feel like they just have so much more inventory. I've given up on getting accurate info. from CS. I know they are as good as the inventory system, but I just like to take matters into my own hands, too!

vintageglam1234 said...

Yay for tracking down those pretty shoes! Obviously, they were meant to be. Your outfit is so cute with the ruffle details going on!
I saw your comment on Carol's post about not quite knowing how to extend the legs of the tripod - i had to laugh as i was like that too!

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

I never thought to pair a purple cardigan with this skirt, but the two actually work really well together. Another great idea you've given me :)

Peggy said...

Wow - score!! They are sooo pretty. I love your skirt too - my boss bought this one after I addicted her to Anthro and every time she wears it I wish I had it too! Love your whole ensemble!

Anjali said...

Yay for getting your shoes Jan, in the face of CS' misinformation!! And your outfit is adorable. The lavender cardi goes with the grey in the Tria so well, and I love how the skirt's ruffle is echoed in the vamp of the shoes as well!

Carol said...

Hurray for persistence, Jan! Your whole outfit is adorable. And the curls in your hair pick up on the frills on your clothes. Too cute! =D

Jenni said...

Don't ya love it when hard work pays off when it comes to searching for those hard-to-find Anthro items?? Love those shoes on you and the whole look. The more frill the better in my book! =)

TaraMixandMatch said...

I love this! This outfit is perfect...the color of that cardi is gorgeous!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

I'm so glad that you found the shoes after the extra effort you went to to track them down. They sure look like they were worth it! Bravo! I'm sure they will look adorable in many more outfits with this skirt. I love the lavender and gray together.

Kay said...

Hooray for getting the shoes! You look SOOOO cute in yout Tria!

rlutz said...

Yeah for lots of ruffles! Great job tracking down those pretty shoes. I just found your blog and as a mom of two boys, I can appreciate your fashion sense and sense of humor!

laylablue said...

the necklace!
what about the necklace???
it is wonderful.
where did you get it?

Lisa said...

Yay for scoring those shoes! When it's meant to be, it's meant to be :) Love it paired w. that outfit. I think those shoes could go w. anything.
Btw, do you live in SLC?
I just started an Anthro lovin blog and hope you'll stop by and visit some time. :)

Jan Russell said...

Thanks girls, for appreciating the frilliness with me!

rlutz - us boy moms have to stick together and keep cute alive ;)

laylablue - thanks! The necklace is Anthropologie's Pessinus Garden.

Jan Russell said...

Hi Lisa - oh fun, I'll definitely check out your new blog! I live in Pennsylvania :)

Kim said...

I never, EVER believe what Anthro's CS tells me. They are almost always wrong!! They told me once that the Drifting By Dress was going to be online only *rolls eyes*.
Anyhow, hooray for getting your shoes, and I love purple with that skirt!

Lisa said...

Hi Jan, thanks 4 stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment about my daughter. It's lovely to see fellow Mommy Anthroholics :)
Wow, 3 boys. You must be one busy mom. My 2 girls are pretty rambunctious. They drive me to insanity but they keep me sane too :)