When my friend Tifani emailed me this morning asking for suggestions on how to style the Painted Morning Skirt (she has an almost identical version from Forever 21!) I was totally excited to play around on Polyvore and see what I could come up with. I seriously have so much fun on that site, and if you ever want me to do the same for you, just shoot me an email and I'll squeal at the chance :)
For this first outfit I picked a blouse that I know Tifani already owns. She lives in a warm weather state, so hopefully, it's not too long until she can try pairing these pieces.
I was just about to search around for a polka dot top to try some subtle pattern mixing, when Jenni posted her adorable outfit of the day featuring this top. She saved me a bunch of time having to hunt one down. I really love navy and yellow together and I would totally wear this outfit in a heartbeat.
Next it was onto "uniform" dressing as I call it. But really, you can't go wrong with the basics. And I think any fun shoe would add interest to the outfit and keep it from being too ordinary. For a more casual look you could swap out the ruffled blouse wih a cotton tank or cami.
For the final look, I took a chance. I haven't seen this skirt, or the F21 version in real life, so I'm not entirely sure about the texture and weight and how it would translate across the seasons. But in the event that it is appropriate for Fall, here's an option on how to wear it ;)
So there you go, Tif! I hope this helps. Coming up with these cute outfits certainly helped me unwind from a long (thought the day would never end) snow day with my kids.




16 comments:
Oh! You did so well, Jan. I love each look, but especially the summer look with polka dots. I'm off to hunt down a similar top. You are the best!
OMG I want that old navy polka dot top!!! Do you know if they're still in stores?
Cindi-I just bought it yesterday and it was on clearance for $9! There were plenty at my store, so I'm sure yours still has some left too :)
Jan-This skirt was already on my wishlist, but now I want it even more! You did a great job styling it and gave me lots of ideas for future reference :)
Love all your styling sets Jan - too cute! I can't wait to try this skirt on.
The Old Navy top is black, by the way :) I own it and didn't want you to think it was navy - I still think it'd be cute w/the skirt!
This looks like a lot of fun. You're really good at this :) Next time I have a styling dilemma, I'll come knocking on your blog.
I love that Old Navy polka dot top too. It's so cute, plus you can't beat that price.
I love all these outfits!! I relax at night in bed with my laptop on Polyvore when the kids are in bed. Fun isn't it? I may email you with a styling question in the near future!! :0)
Oh, so great, Jan! I LOVE that polka dot and skirt combo! Oh, if it's $9, surely it's okay to buy? That's not really shopping, is it?
Loving all these combinations Jan!! ANd I'm glad I could help ya out with the polka dot top...I totlaly love it! Glad we're Polyvore buds now too! =)
I love that second polyvore set Jan (as most people have commented!). It's right up my alley...
Oh my, I am loving that polka dot top as well. So fun and frilly.
Each of these outfits that you assembled is so darling. That skirt is getting added to my wishlist this.second.
I loved your comment on my post about being paid overtime in Anthro. I think that sounds like a great idea -- and well deserved after you worked so much mommy overtime with the snowday!
Really great ideas Jan. I hear ya, we're on our 2nd snow day this week.
Is the f21 skirt online?
Wow I like these looks you put together. I also like the titles for each of the outfits.
All adorable options...do you want to style some things for me lol??
You do such a great job coming up with outfits!
I bought the skirt last summer, so I don't think it is online anymore. And I just had to come back to update. Why did I never think to put the Blue Book Blouse with the skirt? They are too adorable together. I'm going to order the shoes you suggested, but I'll spare Clif the pain of getting the Coach bag, too.
Post a Comment