The snow is still falling here in PA, but much to my 8 year olds disappointment school was not cancelled or delayed. If the roads were in decent condition I was going to attempt a trip to Anthro with my mom, but we both quickly wimped out of those plans this morning. Now it's unlikely that I'll leave the house at all today, but I think I'll stay in my pretty dress anyway ;)

My husband wanted to know if my shoes were new - but I've had them almost a year. His comment reminds me that I need to show my shoes more love. I would have preferred to wear this dress with boots, but it's a touch too long and the boots and hem were practically meeting and making me look too stumpy. At least with the Bouquet of Roses heels you can see all the detail on the tights!
Anthropologie Refined Cord
Shirtdress (size 0 - this was tight to button up, but doesn't feel tight once it's on if that makes sense. I had tried a red size 2 in the store, and don't notice much difference between the two. Maybe the red ran smaller?)
Gap tee (it's pale pink, even though it looks more white in these pictures)
Anthropologie Flower Chain Tights
Anthropologie Triple Buckle Belt
Anthropologie Bouquet of Roses Heels
25 comments:
I love this dress and you look so pretty! I love your style it's so girly and feminine. Enjoy the snow.
You look darling as usual Jan :) And I love the idea of a long contrasting undershirt under the Refined Cord -- I'm going to have to try that myself!!
So cute! I love the dress with the long sleeve shirt underneath.
Stay warm! :-)
Jan,
Found your blog a few weeks ago and absolutely love it! I can't believe you manage to look so fantastic with little ones running around! Quite the inspiration.
The Reed looks gorgeous on you!
Please come check out my new Anthro blog!
Kim
ArrayofAnthro.blogspot.com
The brown shoes and belt look great with navy dress. Something about the long sleeve under it is just so perfect! It changes the feel of the dress and I just love it!!
I'm a wimp when it comes to driving in snow. I'd have stayed home, too. I've ventured out when it seemed ok only to have it be horrible and slippery by the time I was ready to drive home. Enjoy your day!
I am waiting anxiously for my dress to arrive!! I love how you styled it and totally agree you need to give those shoes a lot more love!! I hope the roads get better and you and your mom can head to Anthro!
I am waiting anxiously for my dress to arrive!! I love how you styled it and totally agree you need to give those shoes a lot more love!! I hope the roads get better and you and your mom can head to Anthro!
I am waiting anxiously for my dress to arrive!! I love how you styled it and totally agree you need to give those shoes a lot more love!! I hope the roads get better and you and your mom can head to Anthro!
YOu look fabulous as always in this dress...the Navy blue looks great on you and I totaly love how you layered it over a long sleeve tee. Totaly gotta try that! I found the red dress to run a little tight too...I went up a size because of that and for a little more length...but you're right, there was hardly a difference between sizes. Hope you stay warm today and make it to ANthro with you mom soon! =)
My big sis and I went to two Anthros on the day of the big snow storm in NY - it was fine and dandy getting there ("just a bit of snow") but darn it was hazardless heading home! I do know how it feels to be the only customer in an Anthro store now ...
You look great - I think those heels are perfect with that dress!
I really like the pale pink under the dress, it's unexpected but really pretty.. the whole outfit is really pretty! I am such a boot devotee also.. I have so few actual shoes and I don't really wear them that much. You have that leather belt with the metal bow on it, don't you? That would look great with this too- so many options with a dress like this!
I love this dress. I got it at full price and have worn it a ton.
You look cute as always!
Thanks girls! I totally copied the pink tee underneath from the Anthro product shot and I love how relaxed it makes the whole look :)
Kim - thanks for saying hi, I will definitely pop over and check out your new blog - fun!
Spiffy - good memory, I do have that cute bow belt and wanted to wear it with this dress, but I can't cinch it tight enough high on my waist. I hate that with belts. I sometimes punch extra holes, but I don't think it would work with the bow belt...sigh.
Adorable! Those heels are perfection! We had school here in NJ today also...totally NOT COOL! haha :)
Cute styling. I wondered what was wrong with the dress with my boots - I think it is the same problem you had - I looked to stumpy! Thanks for sharing.
Girls Day Out gdo-family.blogspot.com
Jan, those shoes are too die for...you look so pretty. Sorry you didn't get to go on your Anthro outing. Love the whole look. Seems like the snow will never stop here.
I saw that dress in the store and really liked it. I passed on it that day and I am thinking I must order it ASAP! I really like the navy with the gray tights!
That dress is gorgeous on you! I love the shirt layered underneath it and those shoes are fantastic.
This is a perfect combo Jan! What a great dress and those shoes are stunning. So funny that your hubby asked you whether those shoes were new. My hubby does the same when I wear something that i had not worn in a while. I'd be like "erm, not these are not new, i got them a few months/years ago, remember?" :-)
Yay, you got a Refined Cord! You look adorable in it! Love it with the heels, very cute! :)
Jan you look beautiful in the refined cord!! I also wear a light pink long sleeve under mine trying to recreate the catalog look! It looks wonderful with your heels!
I'm definitely going to have to try a long sleeved tee under some of my shirtdresses (never even thought to do that!). Great idea and I love your navy/grey/brown combination!
Oh, you look so cute in your outfit, Jan! I wore the same thing with boots a few weeks back, and I agree, I wish I was 2 inches taller or the skirt was an inch or two shorter, so there was more of a gap between the top of the boots and the bottom of the skirt.
I bought the refined cord dress in the red and I can't wait to wear it. I never would have thought about putting the long sleeve shirt underneath...so thanks for the idea.
I enjoy reading your blog. If you have a moment, please stop by my page.
Natasha
http://anthrobsessed.blogspot.com/
I'm sorry the weather prohibited a shopping trip. I hate when that happens! But I like how you layered the pink tee with this dress -- what a great idea! And I need to make a conscious effort to show more love to my shoes as well -- I find myself rewearing my old, plain standbys rather than breaking out the new pretties.
Post a Comment