Jonathan and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage on the 20th, but since my mom doesn't work on Monday's and she is our lone babysitter, we celebrated a few days early :) I had ordered the Spinning Lace Dress a couple of months ago, sure that it would be the
perfect piece to wear for our anniversary. I was horribly disappointed when the color ended up looking like dirty dishwasher on my complextion. So instead, I decided to make do with the lacey piece I already had hanging in my closet - this top from Forever21. I remembered
Kim and her pretty pairing with the Alena Skirt and decided to do what I'm best at...copy!

Forever 21 Lace top
J. Crew Bling Button Cardigan
Anthropologie Alena Skirt
Anthropologie 18 Karat Belt
Anthropologie Slinking Frills Pumps

Jonathan left work early yesterday and the two of us headed into the city to Anthropologie's flagship store. I was very excited when dh told me he wanted to take me shopping. And I think he was equally excited when after an hour in the store, I left with NOTHING. Can you believe that? I'll explain more...

We had an amazingly yummy dinner at the Capital Grille before heading home. I'm glad I had some time out of the house yesterday because today is another snow day for my older boys - so stocking up on my sanity was a good thing ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, I know this isn't much fun without pictures, but I'll give a little rundown on the pieces I tried on and why I didn't take them home
The
Take Action Dress is adorable, I was ridiculously in love with the colors. Fit wise though, it just had a lot of bagging material on top, was roomy in the waist and the length was graising my knee. Not a winner. I'd try it again on sale, just because I love the print and color
that much.

Another one from the top of my wishlist was the Gull Wing Dress, but once I had it on, I just felt too exposed - like I was wearing a silk nightie instead of a sundress. It is a wisp of a dress. Lovely for the right girl, but since I can't picture this one with a cardigan over top, I'm not her.
A dress I did love was the Sing Sweetly Party Dress - DARLING! The store did not have a size 0 for me to try, so I went with a 2 and it was way too roomy up top. I'd hope to snap up a size 0 when this goes on sale and that the fit would be better. I can't see paying full price for a dress that I won't be able to wear until it warms up, and in PA that is months from now!

I had some success with two adorable tops, but I wasn't willing to dole out full price for either of them, especially since I was hopeful they might hit sale today - which they did not - Boo! Maybe soon? Fingers crossed. I loved both of these
Deuxhill Cowlneck
Definitely a roomy fit, but I think with skinny jeans or tucked in a skirt it could be perfect!
And I had nothing but love for the
Soldierly Sparkle Tee, I just thought it was too pricey for a t-shirt. I will definitley be buying this once it goes on sale, maybe even in two colors.
The final tempting piece I found was the Beaded Eglantine Cardigan. This piece was lovely. And wow did it look perfect with the Alena Skirt and Slinking Frills Pumps I was already wearing. In the end, I decided for the $70 sale price, I'd rather have a dress, but if I was lucky enough to find one on a second markdown, here's how I'd wear this pretty sweater.
So there you have it. I didn't buy a thing! And honestly, it was just so much fun to try on pieces from my wishlist and get Jonathan's opinion on them, I wasn't even disappointed. I know there will be plenty of other things I'll love rolling out soon. The Philadelphia/Walnut Street Store was a lot of fun to explore!
31 comments:
Congratulations on 10 years of marriage - you guys are a gorgeous couple!
Thanks for the shout out - your outfit is so pretty!
I also love your Beaded Eglantine outfit, and since I have all the pieces, I'm totally going to wear it :)
Aaawwww....look at the beautiful, lovely woman with her handsome husbie! Congrats! It such a milestone, every year...=)
Congrats and what a cute couple you are!!! Jan, you look adorable and beautiful. Love your lace top. Wish we had an Anthro here...it would be fun to actually try on items on my wish list before I order them.
SO pretty! Happy anniversary to you and your husband :)
Congratulations on 10 years!!! You looked gorgeous and are a beautiful couple, and I'm totally copying this look as well. :)
Congrats on your anniversary and what a beautiful couple you are! I love this oufit! I have a similar top that is so old, now I am inspied to take it out! Love your outfits!! :0)
Happy Anniversary - you both look fantastic! And it sounds like you had a fabulous afternoon and evening together - you look gorgeous!
Congratulations! 10 years? You guys look like you're in college :-)
You looked beautiful.
I wanted that F21 shirt but just couldn't find it for the life of me! You're so lucky you got it. There was a dupe @ Charlotte Russe too, but I couldn't get my hands on it either. Mb it wasn't meant to be for me.
I tried on the Gull Wing Dress. It wasn't small enough. Oh I wish it was b/c I would sooooo be that right girl to pull it off. I can just see it!
Love the outfit your created from the lace pieces you already had... you look adorable! The pics of you & your hubby are equally as cute. Congrats on a BIG ANNIVERSARY!
Happy Anniversary Jan! You two look absolutely gorgeous! And I love your outfit (and the Beaded Eglantine outfit!). I may have to copy both sometime ;)
Wow, 10 years is such an amazing milestone! Congratulations! You both look absolutley perfect! Too bad about the clothes, especially the Take Action dress...I think it looks really cute too!
you two look ahhh mazing! congrats on 10 years that's wonderful!! I think you love fabulous in your lace top ( i have that one too!) and a great substitution for the dress- in fact, even better!
I love the walnut street store- it is so unique and HUGE!!
Congrats on your anniversary!! I am glad you guys could get out and spend some quality time together! Too about about Anthro being a bust, that's always how it is, whenever you want to get something you can't find anything!!
Oh, Jan, you look just beautiful and I'm so glad you had a nice time despite your coming home empty-handed. Congratulations to you and Jonathan on your 10th anniversary! You're SUCH a cute couple. ^_^
Jan I'm so happy looking at your pictures!! You are a beautiful couple! Congrats on 10 years together!
Happy Anniversary!
The outfit is perfect, and you look so sweet.
Vicky's Daily Fashion
The two of you are the very definition of cute couple. Congrats!! And I can't tell you how much I love the Sing Sweetly dress. But, sadly, I know it will not be long enough in the torso for me. I still plan to go some time soon to try it on to torture myself.
A big congratulations to you and your husband on your 10-year anniversary. You both are so cute together and I keep telling you that I can't believe you being a mother of 3! The outfit is beautiful and just the right amount of "fancy".
How fun that hubbie was there by your side, helping you decide on each item and it is a great feeling to explore many pretties without purchasing, it just means that you know what you like!
Congratulations on your 10 years! You are a stunning couple! And you both just look so darn happy! It makes me smile!
Your outfit is gorgeous. And it's awesome you were able to put it together from what's in your closet! Bravo!
Congrats Jan! You two look like such a happy and lovely couple. Glad you had a night out without the kids to celebrate. I yearn for that sometimes. :) Alright, I'll quit whining. And I can't believe you walked out of Anthro empty handed. That almost never happens with me :)
Oh, gotta go make spaghetti 4 dinner now. Later
Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary. You two are such a beautiful couple!
I think you've chosen the perfect outfit to celebrate in - very delicate and pretty and i just adore that bow belt.
Enjoy!!
Happy Anniversary! You make the cutest couple!
How cute! Awww...10 years and lots more to come. Congrats to you two!
Congrats on your almost anniversary! You guys look so glowingly happy together!
And I love your version of Kim's outfit -- with the bow belt, it is such a cutie. And you're wearing the Slinking Frills again -- hooray!!! And I agree that the Beaded Eglantine sweater seems pretty pricey at $70 on sale -- but hopefully you can find it when it gets a second cut. It's such a cute piece!
So glad to hear you had a fun celebration with your hubby!
You look SO lovely! What a beautiful anniversary celebration outfit.
Happy anniversary to you both! You guys really are a good looking couple and I wish you many more anniversaries to come.
It's too bad about the Take Action dress. I love the colors, but sounds like it won't work on me. The Philly/Walnut St. Anthro was my go to Anthro when we lived in York, PA. Back then, I only picked up small knick knacks: frames and house stuff, and the occasional shirt. Whatever was less than $29 since we were on a residence salary. Boy, I bet my husband wishes I'd still stick to my $29 limit now!
Cheers and congrats again! Have a wonderful anniversary day tomorrow!
You look beautiful in your almost-anniversary outfit (that is the cutest belt ever), and your husband is so handsome! What a great looking couple, teehehe! I'm glad to hear that you had fun trying on your wishlist items, even if none of them really worked out.
Congratulations on the milestone anniversary! You look beautiful and your husband looks like he is so enamored with you... so sweet! Cheers! xoxo
I think you are ABSOLUTELY adoreable. Love your blog!
I don't know how I have missed your blog. Congratulations on your almost 10 year Anniversary.
The beaded Eglantine looks adorable on so many bloggers. And the Take Action Dress is a heart stealer isn't it. But then today I saw this dress...
Contemporarium Dress
I'm sure there will be even more lovlies coming our way from Anthro.
Post a Comment