Friday, August 13, 2010

Bargain

One afternoon when I was pursuing the sale section on Anthropologie's website, I stumbled upon the Peacoat Shift Dress. It wasn't the dress that caught my eye, but the $9.95 sales price. An Anthro dress for ten bucks? How could I not give it a try.
Of course now I'm torn, the dress is large and shapeless, and because of the buttons you can't really belt it. I'm guessing this is why it's been reduced to a basement bargain price.

The armholes are enormous. And it's linen, which equates to wrinkles.

BUT it was only $10.


I've changed into something else for today, but I thought I'd post these pictures in case anyone else sees this dress pop up and is curious about the fit. I'm going to try with all my might to get to the store tomorrow, and as of now, this is in my return pile.

12 comments:

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I have to mentally talk myself down from Anthro's super-deals all the time. $10 is awesome for almost anything at Anthro but I have to remind myself that I don't need a funky-colored belt or weird-looking hat or scarf. Deal is not a deal if it is something I won't wear or can't use.

I like the cut of the dress on you, but it way too big. If you don't love it and don't consider it practical or worth getting altered, back it goes!

Cat said...

These kinds of deals are soooo hard to pass up even when the item is not quite right. Good for you for putting it in the return pile. $10 is $10, right? I'm with you Jan... I've got a huge return pile this month. Gack!

Kim said...

What a deal! I love that dress. That being said, return it. It's way to big on you, and $10 is still $10!

Jenni said...

You are swimming in that dress, girl! What a deal though...no one can blame you for trying at that price! =)

Carol said...

I'm in agreement with the others. Such a deal, and pretty details, but wow, too big on you. Unless, of course, you wanted to take it to a tailor and get it altered. For $10, I would consider it for myself. Though...if you don't love it, it's not worth it, even then.

triciathomas said...

Wow for 10 bucks!!! Dang that dress I totally wish it would have worked because that is a STEAL!!! I also have a huge return pile and swear they give me crusty looks when I bring all my stuff in. I always say I swear I keep more than I return!

Jessica said...

What a deal! But it does look big on you and that $10 should go to something you love.

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

What a shame the dress didn't work out -- it has such potential but it definitely hangs on you.

Welcome home! We're all glad you're back, but hope you enjoyed the brief time away.

Lifeasahoosier said...

Yeah...I've been tempted by the super markdowns too. I bought that pink and grey floral skirt when it was down to twenty....uh...yeah...total granny look! No wonder my stores sales room was stocked to the nines with that thing. If it was only a different print or color because the fit was awesome! Well at least you'll have ten more dollars of credit :)

Melissa said...

Is there any way you can get it tailored to fit you more closely?

I'd belt it regardless of the buttons! But I'm a belting fool.

Or a cardigan?

It's such a great find!

Carmen said...

What size is the dress? Depending on the size would you be willing to sell it to me plus shipping? I love it!

Jan Russell said...

Hi CJ - I actually returned the dress (it was size XS) to the Wayne PA store last weekend. I'm imagining someone probably snapped it up at that price, but you could always call to make sure? Sorry I wasn't able to help.