I am really glad I didn't miss my chance with this skirt. I'm also glad I put my judgements against the Keds brand (I wore their white tennies all the time in elementary school!) aside and tried the Spright Wedges after seeing how cute they were on Lisa.
And I have to share a funny story about when I purchased this skirt. I hadn't tried it on in the past because I feared it would be too long and overwhelming, but I loved it and wanted it to work badly. The fitting room attendant happened to knock on my door when I was trying this piece on, and I showed her and expressed my concerns. To which she looked me over and said "This skirt doesn't make you look small at all. Really, you don't look small in it" It wasn't exactly the way I was hoping she'd encourage the purchase, lol, but I took it to mean she didn't think I looked too short to pull it off. I mean, I hope she was talking length and not width....
Anthropologie Weave the Ring Skirt (still in stores!)
Anthropologie Pessinus Garden Necklace
Keds Spright Wedges
Today I am off to the dry cleaners and a quick jaunt at Target before my dad arrives from Canada this afternoon. At least if we're out of the house for a bit there is less chance of my boys wrecking the place. Again.
17 comments:
I am so with you on the kids wrecking the house bit... I have a scrapbook club meet at my house every wednesday night and we always go out to eat so they don't trash the place!!! I think you look beautiful in that skirt and LOVE the pop of red in it!!! Have fun with your dad!
So glad you got those shoes! It took me a few wears to break in the stiff canvas, but they are awesome for running around - plus they're not cloppy like heels and are non-skid!
I think you look great in that skirt - not "small" at all :o). I'm all about fall right now though and can envision you totally rocking that with some tights or some skinny leather boots!
I think you look great in that skirt! And you are making me really want it. Have a great time with your dad. And I'm still lucky since Gigi is still too young to mess up my house but I know those days are a coming!
Definitely not too long on you. You look adorable! I like it paired with the red belt & shoes. :-)
wow, I don't know how you managed to pull off the length of that skirt, but you did it, you look so cute. Isn't it funny when people think they are helping and they aren't helping at all? I think you look adorable, definitely a fun outfit!
Have a great time with your Dad! I bet the boys are excited!
The skirt looks great on you! I don't think it's overwhelming on you at all, it looks just right!
I like that skirt on you. On me, it was too long. I can't wear anything below my knees --- it just makes me look shorter.
So glad you could get this skirt, it looks adorable on you...I love mine, sadly, I am wearing mine with not KEDS, but Converse (I'll grow up one day)...maybe...tee, hee....
I love, love, love this look on you! It looks beautiful on you and I love the red accents.
Hmm...going to the cleaners. They've had some of my cleaned clothes for about two weeks. I should probably pick them up before they give my clothes away!
I love the skirt on you! And I love the pop of red color on your belt and shoes. You're making me wonder if I should have given this one a try. I think that this shows that we should always just try things even though we think it may not work because it actually just might work! You look great!
You look so cute in the red, white and black...love how you tied your belt! I think the length of the skirt is great on you...you're making it work!! =)
This is such a great skirt and it looks wonderful on you! The length is not overwhelming at all and paired with red makes all that much more fun.
I definitely didn't think "overwhelm" when I saw your OOTD. Very cute!
You look fantastic in that skirt. Definitely a good decision to buy it. It's such a cute skirt. I'm sad I missed out on it.
I love how you wore the skirt. The red belt was my favorite touch. You look incredible today!! I'm going to have to steal this one back from my sister ;) Have fun with Dad!
You do look adorable! And not wide at all! :) I think the length is very pretty and lady-like on you, not overwhelming at all. And I love the shoes! I should really find some like that - I wonder if I could pull off wearing them to work...
You look soooo darling in this skirt, I'm glad you got it Jan! Hardly overwhelming in my opinion! The red belt is also a lovely touch with it.
Post a Comment