Other bloggers the whole Internet over are making it so easy for me to get dressed in the morning. Why? You ask. Because I simply pull out the very same pieces I saw looking cute on them and viola! I'm ready to go without having to mix or match anything on my own. I have never been one to reinvent the wheel ;)

This first outfit features a dress I had pretty much given up on. All the reviews and photos I saw for the Know the Ropes Dress indicated that it ran quite large, and it seemed no one who saw it in real life loved it. I adored the colors and pattern since the moment it appeared on the website, but decided I'd have to pass on it because of sizing. Then
Cat posted photos last month wearing the dress
with alterations and I was sold! I knew it would be worth the effort and small amount of money to make the dress fit - it was really just too cute on her! Of course, the moment I decided to pull the trigger I couldn't actually find one in my size. Anywhere. But once again, thanks to the help
Roxy's blog/The Weekend Community Post, I was able to score one when it popped back on someones wishlist. The best news? The dress had been even further reduced and I got it for only $29.95!

Four days at the dry cleaners and it was ready to wear! I wore this over the weekend to visit my brother and sister-in-law who recently moved back to DC. It was so cool and comfortable even walking for blocks in the hot city.
Next is the totally feminine and pretty outfit that
Sara put together with the Blooming Lattice Cardigan and Alena Skirt. I was in love when she wore this, and knew when I could pick the cardi up on sale and recreate it, I would!

However, picking the cardigan up on sale turned out to be quite the fiasco! The store I ordered it from never actually mailed my package :( Even though the sweater had been charged to my credit card! They corrected the charge, but didn't have another one in my size to send out. I was left to scour around and find a replacement. By this time it was weeks after the item had been marked down, so I was very happy to be able to find one in my size. Especially, with it being so popular. I shudder to think my closet could have gone without it! This is what I wore to church this morning, but promptly peeled off the moment I got home - it might be rainy and gloomy in PA, but the humidity is still trying to kill me.
20 comments:
OH, you make me want to try and find that dress! it's so cute!!! What did you have to have altered? It looks absolutely perfect on you.
Um, your son...adorable!
These outfits are both so, so cute! I love the Blooming Lattice cardigan with the Alena skirt. And I"m so glad you were able to find one in your size -- and in the much-preferred navy color! I just ordered one off of Ebay and am patiently awaiting it's arrival. I originally wanted it in navy, and I placed a bid...but the seller canceled my bid after realizing that he had accidentally listed the same item twice. Isn't that terrible? I was able to find it in green, and I'm hoping it will work. It's not my first choice, but I do already have a lot of navy, so I'm hoping the green will be a good change of pace.
Happy Sunday!
Pamela - I could totally see this dress on you! I was lucky to only have to shorten the straps (by a ton!) and that actually made the length okay and a belt at the waist solved any extra room there -hooray for an easy fix!
Jamie - if your ebay bid doesn't win you should totally post on EE and I'll bet you can find this sweater in green! I saw a few last week in Wayne, PA and I know others have posted about the green recently too. I really hope you are able to find one! If the sweater hits second markdown, I'd be tempted to hunt down the green myself!
You look beautiful in your outfits..I especially love you in that second outfit for church today. That skirt is adorable on you!
These outfits are both so cute on you!! Yay for getting the Know The Ropes on major sale too :) And I love the nude sandals with that last outfit!
I love both of these outfits on you! You always look so adorable! And your baby boy is just too darling, too! :)
I really like your shoes in the cardi/skirt pic. Very cute.
High five!! for finding the dress. EA's weekend post is soooo awesome. The dress looks great and $29 is such a steal, even with the alterations. You look aesome in both outfits. Completely adorable :)
The Know the Ropes dress is so beautiful on you, I love it!!! Well done! And I'm totally going to wear your Alena Skirt/Blooming Lattice Cardi outfit! I must've missed that outfit on Sara, because I totally would've stol--erm..."been inspired by" this outfit a lot sooner!
Aw, you look fabulous in the Know the Ropes dress! I really need to visit my tailor more often - I've got a few closet pieces that languish too muct because of fit.
LOVE the outfits on you. I debated and debated that dress, and now after seeing it on you, want it!
I love both outfits on you! That dress was such an awesome score! You little guy is so cute! I hope you had a nice weekend with family!
I love your shoes, where are they from?
Jan, I'm so happy you were able to locate the dress, and especially at that amazing price! It looks great on you and perfect with the skinny belt. The second outfit is darling as well and I own both pieces so can definitely see myself being inspired to try them together!
Can I just say how gorgeous the dress is on you?!
Thanks girls - I was so happy to get both the dress and sweater on sale!
CrewFan - the shoes are Ann Taylor - I bought them for $4 on my sole thrift store experience a couple of months ago.
You look darling, as usual!
I am posting for the first time to ask where you got that darling family establishment sign behind you!
I would love to get one!
Thanks for any info.
I did the post on styling the Compeer! Thank you so much for letting me! Here's a link to the post: http://theanthropologieconnoisseur.wordpress.com/2010/08/25/compeer-styling/
Jane - sorry it's taken me until now to respond, I had to remember the name of the company! Here is a link
http://www.americanwoodcrafts.com/PersonalizedFamilyEstablishedNameSigns-tp2-4.html
I actually have ordered these for friends in the past too, and the quality is super nice! Thanks for saying hello :)
Thank you so much for the link, Jan.
After browsing the site, I realized I already have one of their quote signs. I got it at a boutique here.
The family establishment signs are really reasonable.
I'll be placing my order soon.
Thanks again@
Jane
Post a Comment