Last week our family snuck away for a couple of days to The Great Wolf Lodge in the Pocono Mountains. After check-out we tried taking the boys to nearby Knobles Amusement Park, where we were unfortunately rained out early in the day. We promised the boys we'd take them back soon, and today we're making good on it. I threw my hair up and chose an outfit to keep cool in.
Was everyone able to score something pretty at the big Anthro sale this morning? I happily ordered the Vappu Dress, finally!
19 comments:
I love the poconos! I used to ski there every weekend :) You are so styling in this and I love the fall colors!
I love that red tank! Perfect for a hot day, to keep cool but still have a lot of style!
Pretty color of the tank! I'm wearing mine today, but no where fun, just work :(
I'm so glad you got your Vappu. I ordered the field scout skirt and picked up the curated tee at the store. Good sales!
Oh, I'm so glad you're finally getting the Vappu! And this outfit is lovely. I like that tank a lot.
so happy you got your Vappu. I kept my cheap version of the white/blue combo and had to really resist the white/gold combo, I'm glad you got it, I know you have been waiting for a long time :)
I love your outfit! The color of that tank is really nice on you. And I'm so glad you got your Vappu dress! Yay!
I love that tank and red looks great on you! And I'm so glad you got your Vappu dress! When it went on sale yesterday I totally thought of you. I got the rise and fall cardi and the drifting by dress.
I got the Vappu dress as well, but the in the blue version. I felt I already own so many gold skirts/dresses...
I love these two colors together, you look cute!
Yay! You got your dress! I was so tempted to get the Vappu, too. I didn't because I have bought a lot of dresses that are still unworn. Plus, I never tried it on and I'm sure the straps are too long. I did get the Chopsticks cardi and Ancient Pathways tank.
The Poconos...reminds me of our first winter there. We had to go to my husband's residents retreat and it was March and so cold, rainy too, and I was having morning sickness. Not a fun trip. Glad I'm back down south.
That dress is going to look so cute on you!!! Love your theme park outfit...perfect to beat the heat. hope you guys had a fun time!!!
Cat - no way! I used to ski a bunch before I was married - I actually belonged to the ski club at work and we'd head there quite a bit, too!
Melissa - it did get pretty hot today, so I was glad I went sleevless for sure!
Pamela - I love the Field Scout Skirt - I can't wait to see that on you, I know it will be so cute!
Carol/Spiffy/Debbie - Thanks! I know, I held out for sooooooooo long on the Vappu! I would have caved and bought it last weekend, but the store was sold out of my size, I'm glad I waited it out.
Jessica - can't wait to see you in your pretty new dress!
Dea - both versions were so cute! Glad you scored the Vappu, too :)
Gemma - I am so excited because I have a few things on the calendar over the next month that I'll actuaully be able to break these dresses out for! And you are totally right about the straps, I'm going to have them shortered right away. Around here that runs $16, which was a big reason I really wanted to hold out for a sale. The Poconos is very pretty *to visit* living there would be a whole other story - brrr!
Thanks Jenni! It was a fun day, we actually left the baby with my mom this time and so it was fun to hit some rides with the big boys!
As soon as I read that you guys went to the Great Wolf Lodge, I started to hear the jingle in my head. Darn it -- I think this means I listen to too much radio! I hope the quick trip away was relaxing.
Can't wait to see how you style the Vappu dress! I tried to pick it up in my store today, but they were all out of my size and color. Bummer.
But, I did get a great skirt and little cropped jacket, for $20 each! They aren't available online, so I'm unsure what they're called -- but they were good sale finds indeed.
Yay, so glad you were able to get the vappu dress!!
Love you OOTD, you and Pamela both look amazing in that tank
I am so glad you finally got your dress!!! I ordered it too and hope it fits ok I have never tried it on!! You look so cute and will be cool during your amusement park fun!!!
Jan, I used to be anthro and jcrew obsessed....but now I like reaching out to more designer type looks....push the look from soccer mom to fashion forward Mom! :) I would love to see you in a Diane Von Furstenburg silk dress, or in leggings with a feminine silk tunic. You are such a petite little thing, I'm sure you would ROCK it. Check out the silk dresses from DVF at shopbop.com. You would look fab. Kelly RIpa wore one last week, its the Pialla Dress, belted....it would be so fab on you! Check out The Regis and Kelly website and there is a link to her fashion. I think it was on Aug. 11 or 12. YOu'll love it. ANd seriously, aren't you so bored with Anthro by now? I am so over it!
http://www.shopbop.com/pialla-dress-diane-von-furstenberg/vp/v=1/845524441874816.htm?folderID=2534374302023737&fm=browse-brand-shopbysize-viewall
here is the link to that dress!
http://regisandkelly.go.com/fashion_finder.html
and this is the Kelly Ripa fashion finder...the date to see is Aug 13!!! Have fun. :)
Jamie - I hope you are able to track the dress down, did you try calling CS? I've had good luck going that route. Can't wait to see what goodies you did find - those sound like great deals!
Thanks Debye! Now I'm just hoping UPS steps on it for the delivery ;)
Tricia - I bet you will be an absolute doll in the Vappu!
Kate - oooh, I always admire Kelly Ripa's outfits! But high fashion and my lifestyle do not mix. At all - lol. I don't think I've been shopping at Anthro long enough to feel bored, mostly I just feel like I want to get my greedy little hands on more, more, more of their cute pieces ;) You on the other hand really do rock out the runway inspired looks - I am very impressed at how you pull it off!
Jan, can you email me and let me know how comfy the shoes are? I need some Disney shoes and I just don't do Crocs or most of the other things people suggest.
Post a Comment