Tuesday, November 16, 2010

OOTD - Coin Purse Cardigan

I ordered this cardigan so quickly the morning that it hit sale, that I forgot to read all the reviews warning to size up because it ran so small. I sweated it out waiting for UPS and crossing my fingers that the XS would fit.

OOTD 11-16-11


Thank goodness, it does! I absolutely love this cardigan, the colors, the quirky feel, the granny coin purse pockets. Next time I'm so wearing this to Chuck-E-Cheese - Harrison's tokens in one pocket, Sawyer's in the other - perfect!

Today I'm headed to Macy's to pick up a new set of Corningware - I haven't broken a piece in 10 years....then along came Graham....

24 comments:

jenny said...

Okay, so I just caved and ordered this skirt bc it is so cute on you and it seems to go with so much! A size 2 just popped back online, so I grabbed it! Does it run TTS? I so hope!

Jan Russell said...

Jenny - I don't know how I ever got dressed without this skirt in my closet, I've worn it a ton! I have a 00 in the tweed and a 0 in the cordoroy version which is my usual size, so I'd say TTS or a bit loose, which just makes it sit lower on the hips/helps it to not be too short - very comfortable! I hope you love it :)

Molly said...

Jan, I saw that sweater this weekend at Anthro. Adorable on you!!!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

You look fantastic - and I loooooove those boots on you! Ack, must stop looking at your awesome outfit pic or the urge to buy yet another pair of boots will overcome me ...

Jenni said...

YOu look so perfect for fall in this cute outfit...the cardigan and skirt are perfect together! And seriously, those boots are so lovely as well. I feel your pain about boys and their destruction tendencies...all three of mine came with it! =) Happy shopping!

Peggy said...

This is one of my moooooost fav outfits of your Jan! I love it! You look wonderful - it's perfect on you. Stop looking so cute and making me want stuff!!!

Carol said...

Jan, you are just perfect! Perfect and adorable! Gah, I want that skirt! I need that skirt! Can I put my shopping ban on hold just for a few minutes while I quickly buy that skirt? Pretty please?

Pamela said...

That sweater is adorable! The coin purse pockets are so fun. I thought about it but resisted. I just love all the fin colors in it though!

Kay said...

You look so adorable! And the boots are FAAAAABulous!!!!!

Debbie said...

Such an adorable outfit! Love your plan for the tokens in the coin purse pockets. ;-) heehee

Gemma said...

You look so dern cute today!!! I felt the same way after I placed my order. The reviews said it ran small, but I remember picking up an xs last time I was in Charlotte and it "looked" like it would fit. I'm so glad it worked out for both of us. I still love the Atlee skirt, but looks like I've missed out on it online. And darn it if I didn't find these wonderful Anthro blogs until after those Winding Ruffle Boots were sold out. I gotsta get me the sister Pebbled and Primped boots...on sale hopefully.

roxyturtle said...

What a cute outfit! The Winding Ruffle Boots are some of my favorites, ever. Another Corningware gal over here. :) Nothing else cooks my Rice a Roni right.

Inkmark said...

Now I am really kicking myself for missing the cardigan. I hesitated because I worry the color was a bit old lady on the website. You totally proven me wrong! You look absolutely adorable in this outfit.

Jessica said...

Love how you styled this cardi, you look adorable! And I love your boots too and wish I could find them on ebay.

vintageglam1234 said...

Glad the cardi fit you Jan. And it certainly does look like a perfect fit! Guess that means you must be the small end of XS? :-)
I never really considered this cardi, but you've really made it work pairing it with the skirt and boots! loving your combos!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

You look great in the Coin Purse cardigan. It has the potential to look too busy, but your styling of it is just perfect. And those boots are so, so cute. I am guessing they are from a previous season?

BTW, in case you'd like to add the dark brown Atlee skirt to your collection, I saw a size 0 at the Menlo Park Mall (Edison, NJ) yesterday. I'm not sure if J. Crew does charge and send from their stores, but the skirt was $20...with an add'l 30% off! I was so bummed it was not my size...

Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos said...

This looks SO cute on you! I tried it on in the SLC store when it first came out in July, and it did me NO favors! I didn't bother to try sizing up, but I LOVE it on you! Cute outfit!

Molly said...

Oh no, Jan, I HAD to do it. I have to have one too. Just called CT store and found one. It's so adorable. I am kicking myself for not buying it over the weekend. :)

triciathomas said...

I love that cardi, I never really even looked at it! What a great idea to wear it to CEC's where you can put the kids tokens!

shopwithm said...

SO cute. Love!!

TaraMixandMatch said...

I love the colors in your cardi Jan...orange and blue are my faves!

Cat said...

I'm absolutely loving every outfit that features this skirt. This is my favorite so far!! You (and my BF) have me reconsidering the coin purse cardigan. It's quirky cute. I like!!

oomph. said...

i really like those boots!

heidiluxe said...

i just love the proportions of this outfit. all perfect!