Black Friday isn't a huge shopping day for me, but my husband did head out to BJ's and purchase a flat screen t.v. for when the basement is finished, and I went to Target in the afternoon and loaded up on lots of toys even though my boys are constantly on the "naughty" list.
I don't usually wear a lot of black, and have limited basics (pants, skirt, little dress) in my wardrobe, but something about packing on 3.5 pounds in one week makes me quick to reach for those pieces ;) Today I paired an ancient black skirt from The Limited with my new Bianka Blouse that I couldn't wait to wear. As we were getting ready for church my 4 year old became indignant "HEY! How come you get to wear short sleeves?" he wanted to know. I told him to pipe down or I'd make him wear a sweater over his button-up shirt. What is it with boys and insisting they aren't cold enough for sweaters, jackets, hats, etc???!
Of course, I could have done with a cardigan myself - but hide the adorable ruffle detail on the sleeves of this blouse? I don't think so!
13 comments:
Love this with black...I haven't paired it with black yet...good idea! =) ANd my boys are just the same way about jackets...my almost 7 year old constantly tells me he's not cold...he's so full of it! =)
The Bianka blouse DOES look great with your black skirt! So glad to see you wearing it. I saw a blue/red printed version (I don' think I've seen it online yet), and I just about swooned.
And I can completely sympathize with boy stubbornly insisting that they are warm -- the BF, his brother, and his dad all shovel snow in tshirts. And my little brother will wear flip flops well into December. They're in California, but still!
Oh my, your little boy's comment made me laugh!! I love your Bianka Blouse, so beautiful with the black!
Love the blouse on you...and its so true about boys never wanting to bundle up...and it doesn't change when they get older either haha!
I have a lot to say about this post.
I gained weight too. It's salad and salmon for me tonight! We have an ancient tv, I can't even get started on how jealous I am of everyone on the planet with a flatscreen. Ours is from the year 1999 or something ridiculous and weights about the same number of pounds - to make matters worse we have a back up tv in storage! (we only have 1 tv in our home) I so want a new tv but my hubs insists we have 2 that work and why spend the money?
Ok and you are right boys are always hot except the one I married. He cranks the heat to 78 at night and I wake up gasping for air and sweating.
Basically, the moral of my comment is that I am the man in the relationship. I want a new tv and I'm always hot and my husband is my cold "tv's aren't important" wife.
You look great, love that blouse, pretty!
That blouse is so pretty, and you're right, a cardigan would just cover up the cute sleeves! Oh, I really really really want this blouse.
Mr. M will not wear gloves, ever. He will scrape his car w/o gloves and then get in and say how cold his hands are! UH! HELLO!!! I've purchased him really nice gloves from Lands End and do you think he'll wear them? NO! They sit in the back seat of the SUV. I swear, they probably still have the tags on them.
Hehe...glad you went without the cardi - the ruffles on the sleeves are pretty and there's no point hiding them, even when it's slightly chilly :-)
You look so good as always Jan! With the black skirt, the bianka blouse actually looks more dressed up!
you look awesome with that blouse and black skirt! My boys are never cold either - weird.
so cute, love the sleeves!I have very little black in my wardrobe too and my boys are never cold either.....strange
I love that top with the black skirt! My daughter also want to know why I wear certain things and she can't!
*lol* your son is funny. Sometimes I wonder if they aren't cold, or just want to look cool. I haven't decided.
You look really cute.
Oh my gosh, my seven year old is the SAME way! He refused to wear long sleeves to school and rarely does for church! How funny. LOVE the Bianka Blouse on you though - I just ordered in raspberry! :)
You look so cute in that top! You are making me reconsider it :)
My husband wore shorts when we hosted Thanksgiving. He came downstairs and I gave him the stare. He said he was comfortable and didn't care. I buy him nice clothes and all he wears is the same crappy things over and over again. What is it with boys! At least you can make your kiddos wear something nice for church :)
Post a Comment