Thursday, November 11, 2010

OOTD - I don't remotely know what I am doing wrong

I am so completely frustrated with my new camera remote. It worked perfectly, yesterday! Today? I got nothing. And I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I checked to make sure the battery was in correctly, I hold it at every angle, I move closer to the camera, farther away from the camera, outside, inside, lens extended, double and triple check that I have it on the correct "release" setting. I have literally tried everything. And now I give up. I also have given up hope of being able to park this monster van into the garage, which is why you continue to see it in my OOTD pictures ;)

J. Crew Traversa Cardigan
J. Crew Cord Atlee Skirt
J. Crew Chiffon Tiered Tank
Anthropologie Flower Chain Tights
Target Mossimo Supply Co. Kachiri Leather Americana Boots

18 comments:

littlemissfanciepants said...

I love your blog! I'm cracking up at your comments about being on a budget. I feel your pain ~ I'm on a budget too, but funny I keep buying clothes. Something's off there. I love your outfit and the boots! I really wanted that skirt, but was afraid it would be super short on me - I'm 5'6" and all legs. ;) ~ Susan

www.littlemissfanciepants.blogspot.com

SRP said...

Navy and purple?! I love it! Brilliant!

when does monster van go away? you are way too tiny for that thing!

Gemma said...

I think I'm going to have to invest in that Atlee skirt. Usually, there's nothing at my small J.Crew. I don't even bother going inside. Love this outfit and love the Impressionist's Dream Dress on you!

Good luck figuring out the remote. Your pictures still turned out great, even with the van in the background. I am a proud mini-van mom. Hee, hee, but NOT a crazy mini-van mom driver! And we'll probably get the new Honda Odyssey! Awesome! *going to hide in shame now!*

Cindi said...

I love your outfit today! Don't you just love those J.crew cardis? I swear I have maybe four of them in different colors!

Sorry to hear about your camera. I was wondering if the sensor was blocked or maybe power on and off the camera to "reboot" it. But you probably tried that!

Pamela said...

Oh no. I hope you get your remote figured out. How much longer do you have that van?! Yeah, if you aren't comfortable parking it, don't. I'm not a good parker, esp. in tight spaces. I've been known to take off a mirror (or two)

Jenni said...

You look like perfection today! Great fall outfit with the boots and tights...super cute! You know I adore that cardigan to...it looks great on yoU! So sorry about the remote issues...wish I had some words of wisdom but I'm so not techy! Hope your hubby can figure it out!

Kim said...

Ohhh I love this outfit Jan! You look adorable and just gave me an outfit idea!
Love the Flower Chain Tights w/the Target boots!

Lori said...

was the camera not doing anything? or was it that it was trying to focus, but not actually snapping the photo. I've had the latter problem sometimes in low light situations, but your pics are outside so it doesn't seem as likely a culprit.

Lorispeak

Jessica said...

Adorable! And because of you I had to get the Breezy polka dot cardi at anthro today. you looked so cute in it with the southward stop dress and it was too hard to pass up. I also may have talked my sister into it! ;)

vintageglam1234 said...

Sorry about your remote not working! you crack me up Jan. No worries about the Van, think of it as a real-life backdrop! Guess your hubby will have to play photographer for a bit :-)
Your outfit is adorable as always! You are always so stylish :-)

Carol said...

Jan, I meant to tell you the other day that I too, oddly, enjoyed driving a mini-van when we rented one for the family last winter. It was so convenient and easy and fun (and we're seriously considering getting one for our next car...which is a little shocking and yet...exciting too!)

I need an Atlee skirt! NEED! Oh, Jan, and that sweater in that color! LOVE!

Inkmark said...

Love the color combination! As for the monster van, I admire your courage just to drive it!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

Another great outfit with the Atlee skirt. And I am growing more and more impressed by the quality and look of Target boots, every time I see them on a blogger.

Good luck figuring out your remote. I'm afraid I still use the timer feature and stand like a fool for the 10 seconds, hoping that no one ventures by and sees my goofy grin. So I can't be of any help.

BTW, my mom drove a minivan all throughout my childhood and loved it. Last year, it was time for her to get a new car...and she and my dad chose another minivan...even though my youngest brother was about to go off to college. Guess she's still feeling maternal!

Jan Russell said...

Susan - thanks for saying hi, and who are we to let a budget stand in the way?!

Spiffy - my car should be ready today. I have to admit that I love the van (aside from my inability to park it)

Gemma - don't run and hide! The 2011 Odyssey are AMAZING - seats 8! Sign me up! I'm trying to decide which color I want.

Cindi - I'm addicted to this cardi!

Pamela - sigh, me too - I think I'm responsible for 3? mirrors.

Jenni - I don't know what he did, but my hubby did get the remote working again this morning - hooray!

Kim - thanks, I wasn't sure what to pair with this skirt until I bought the Target boots, they are exactly what it needed :)

Lori - the camera wasn't doing a thing??? It was so weird. I'm just glad it sprung back to life this morning.

Jessica - I can't wait to see how you wear the Breezy Polkas! So glad you scored one!

Vintageglammz - the remote is fixed, so my dh is off the hook, haha!

Carol - I wish I could get indoor shots as good as yours! You do need the Atlee, or two...I might get a third...seriously.

Inkmark - considering my record for hitting non-moving items, that is soooo true, lol.

Jamie - I don't blame your parents, the van really does win you over it is SO convenient!!!

triciathomas said...

Sorry about the remote not working! That is frustrating! My van is in the shop today because the heater is sporadic and driving me CRAZY!!! Our warranty just ran out too... go figure!! I love your outfit you look beautiful as always! Is your hair a little darker or is it the lighting!?

Laura said...

LOL at your title. Very creative!

I so badly want a remote. Would you please answer this question? I see remotes on eBay and Amazon for different camera brands. How do you know if your camera is remote capable? I mean it has to have some sort of infrared sensor that activates the shutter. I can't seem to find any online reading material on the subject.

Your J. Crew OOTD is amazing. I am an Anthro Addict through and through. I do look at J. Crew online occasionally. But it just feels so different. I probably just need to find the time to explore. Something I am always short of. Time! And enough money in my Budget.

Kristina Clemens said...

Those stubborn cameras! So annoying! But you look happy anyways, and that's the point, right? How I wish we could meet. Oh, and YAY for Sarah Palin! How cool you got to go!
Kristina J.

Jan Russell said...

Tricia - sorry about the van woes -this week has got to be MUCH better for you!

Laura - I'm sorry, I am such a novice with the camera I really have no idea. I just went to the camera store and asked them which one I needed. I wish I could be more helpful - did you try googling it?

Thanks Kristina - it was fun to see Sarah Palin, and I just watched her Alaska show and kept squealing to the boys that I SAW HER IN REAL LIFE, lol.