Last night my husband and I went to see Sarah Palin speak at a fundraiser. The tickets were purchased by his firm to support the partner who played a key role in organizing this event. What's funny is that one of their paralegals was a protester at said event. I guess that could be awkward around the water cooler today ;) Politics aren't my thing, but as a mom in the audience I found Sarah Palin to be relatable and lots of fun.
Also lots of fun? My new remote for the camera! I bought one this morning, and quick put on the outfit I didn't end up wearing to the fundraiser last night so I could play around with taking pictures.

Also lots of fun? My new remote for the camera! I bought one this morning, and quick put on the outfit I didn't end up wearing to the fundraiser last night so I could play around with taking pictures.
Instead, I wore the Southward Stop Dress (again!) because what could be more appropriate then a wildlife print for the former Governor of Alaska?
17 comments:
Politics aside, I love listening and learning about another side of people involved in the political arena. I enjoyed listening to President Bush on Matt Lauer's special and then Oprah.
Great new landscapes and photography skills!
I agree...I think underneath the politics, politicians are just normal average people like us. They're probably great to just sit around and talk to.
Ooh your remote skills are better than mine. Do you use a tripod? I need to get one.
I'm so not into politics...totally not my thing. As a mom though, I think it would be interesting to listen to her speak too! You look fabulous in this cute dress and I love it paired with that cardi. I've been stalking ebay for that same cardi in beige...think I finally found one! =)
That must have been so fun. I met Newt Gingrich once when I was in high school and he was still Speaker of the House. I'm not that into politics but it was still very interesting.
I love your dress btw.
I'm going to have to start searching ebay :)
Well I really love politics and am an avid watcher of Fox news!! I love her and think she has been really good for the whole tea party movement! I would love to hear her speak!! I also think the Southward Stop dress is the perfect dress for that event!
Jan, the photos are stunning. The dress is sooo cute. I may have to buy one too!!! That's so cool that you went to hear Sarah Palin, I think she is very relatable and fun.
I'm actually really interested in both politics and fashion. Usually the two interests don't meet up, but Sarah Palin wears some fierce shoes.
I love the dress on you, the colors are really gorgeous. And your post reminded me that I need to add a remote to my Christmas list this year.
Love the photos Jan and I can't wait to see more great backgrounds! And the ss dress was so perfect for the occasion!
That outfit is really cute, too bad you didn't get to wear it! I love the colors in the dress!
I think I feel about sarah palin the way you feel about dogs :)
and it has nothing to do with her political affiliation. However, I wouldn't have turned down the opportunity to hear her speak in that type of forum.
you look adorable, I have that dress hanging in my closet, what are you thoughts about wearing it in fall/winter? Can it be worn with tights? I'm on the fence.
YAY! for your new remote! I need to get me one of them too.
You look so gorgeous in that dress, will we get to see you in the southward stop too?
The remote certainly makes a difference to the photos, not that the photos pre-remote were bad or anything (they were great!). But now now look more in proportion :-)
You look great in that dress, and I hooray for using remotes! I'm sure wearing Southward Stop was great to the event. I'm planning to wear mine tomorrow!
Lorispeak
I love your dress - the vibrant colors look so great on you! And those backdrops! I'm so jealous! Someday, someday I'll graduate to something other than a closet door to be my photo background. =)
I love politics and fashion too. I am reading her book right now (thrifted for $1!), and I am really enjoying it. There are some things she says that make her very different from me, but our values are the same. And I can relate to her stories of being a mom (and her love of running).
Cute almost outfit! :)
Whether I agree with Palin or not, I do admire what she has done to energize people to get involved in the political process. And she does seem like the kind of person I would like to hang out with. Have you seen the previews for her show about Alaska on TLC?
So glad you enjoyed the event. And I think the Southward Stop was indeed the perfect choice. I'm not sure if you watch TLC, but I am picturing the ad for "Sarah Palin's Alaska", where she and her kids are participating in some high-octane outdoor activity, as she yells, "Why can't we ever just be satisfied with tranquility?!" Haha!
Too bad your Impressionist's Dream didn't work out for the occasion. I think that calls for a special dinner with you and DH, just so you can wear it out on date night!
The picture quality is phenomenal! I love your outfit :)
Post a Comment