So yesterday.
It was bad.
Yes the boys fought. But on top of that our CO alarm started blaring at 11am and even in heels on a chair I couldn't reach it to change the battery. So my husband came home from work, only to discover we didn't actually have any batteries the right size. After finally changing it out and returning to the office, the alarm sounded again. Back dh came and this time we called the company who told us how to reset things. That solved the problem for two hours, when the alarm once again started to screech. At that point, I was convinced we needed to open the windows and head outside.
For dinner I decided to leave and pick up the McDonalds I had promised the boys, only I didn't want to back out the garage at hit the service truck in the driveway. So I was very, very careful. Well, of what was behind me, at least. The side of the car smashed into the garage. Whoopsies. If you've known me for awhile you know this isn't the first time I've had spacial issues. Or the second. Or the third. Gulp.
My husband shook his head at me "not only do you spend all the money but then you cost me money on top of it."
It was hard not to laugh when the gas company asked if anyone in the home had a headache.
It was hard not to laugh when the gas company asked if anyone in the home had a headache.
I did not make it to the camera class.
Old Navy Tie-Waist Shirt Dress
Hue Pointelle Tights
Anthropologie Corn Maze Boots
And for a bit of good news. There was no gas leak ;)
23 comments:
I am so hoping your husband said that with a big smile on his face. On a happier note, thanks for showing that ON dress. I've had two versions of it in my cart for a week now and haven't pulled the trigger. I am so longwaisted that the ON tall dresses are the only ones I think work really well on me.
Tif - Jonathan is an ABSOLUTE SAINT when it comes to me and crashing the car. He shows me enormous grace, which I am thankful for! This is the regular length dress btw, I didn't go with the petite on this one. It's very lightweight, but soft - I love it!
I'm so sorry to hear about your day yesterday! The alarm, the car...but like you said, at least there was no gas leak! Plus, you looked cute yesterday and cute today! Drooling over your boots.
you are so hilarious! I'm sorry about your car though! Bummer. Glad you have no gas leak. Great boots!
Jan, that is just a great story. I am glad there wasn't a gas leak and I am loving your Old Navy dress. Just too cute!!!
Aww, Jan, I hope today will be a better day for you!! I know your pain on the car thing...right after I got my permit, my parents made me drive the family minivan into the garage...I freaked out and hit the gas while overcorrecting and ended up going into the garage at an angle. Soo, I broke the axel of the car I was driving, hit the other car in the other side of the garage, messed up bikes stored in the back, put a hole through the back of the garage, and moved the lead-bearing post separating the garage sides. Oops!! We've all had our days :)
I know Jonathan is great to you. He knows a good thing when he sees it. And I did go ahead and order those two dresses along with a cardigan/cami set that was suggested on Uber Chic for Cheap some time back.
Oh, Jan, you're just so awesome. You really really are. To write about such a nightmarish day with good humor and be dressed SO well on top of it all! I think the universe sends us days like that every once in a while to test our equilibrium, and give us a sense of perspective. Or something. ^_- Thank God, too, for husbands who love us for and in spite or our challenges with spatial issues.
What length are the sleeves?
Aww what a day! I'm glad you're so positive about it. And the other readers are right, you do look great for having such a crummy day. I love those boots!
Oh no Jan! I've had my fair share of car accidents (my count is up to 2 of completely totalling cars) so I can relate. At least you look adorable in that dress and boots! ;)
OMG, this is a crazy story, but the way you told it made me laugh! What a crazy day! Glad there's no CO up in your crib. Cute dress!!!
Oh no! Ah well, we can't all have great days all the time - think tomorrow is already guaranteed to be so much better! ;o)
At least you look great!
It is hard for me not to chuckle when reading this post. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not because it was a difficult day for you (I'm not THAT mean), but because I TOTALLY empathize with how your day went/spacial issues/your cute relationship with your husband. I loved it when your hubby said "not only do you spend all the money, but then you cost me money on top of it." I'm glad I'm not the only one. ;)
It's true what they say, if you don't laugh you cry and what fun is THAT?
MyLuckyDay - the sleeves are full length, and they roll/button at the elbow if you prefer to wear them that way.
Oh boy, what a "comedy" of errors. How awful!!! At least there was no gas leak.
Sorry to hear about the car mishap. Ouch. heck, that's what insurance is for...
At least you looked cute when your husband heard about it.
Oh no Jan, sorry to hear about your day! It was funny to read though. My hubby won't ever let me reverse the car - im the world's worst car reverser and car parker.
Your outfit looks great for someone who had a bad day!
Jan!! What a day you had and the smash on top of everything! You KNOW I feel for you on that one. I didn't take mine as well. There were definitely some tears shed when I hit my company's building last week. You handle everything with such grace.
Oh Dear!!! So sorry to hear about your day...when it rains it pours I suppose.
Yesterday was a tough day with my two kids...sometimes the arguing makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs. It's nice when my husband is home early to see how it really is at home. Now he knows why I need to get out and shop some Anthro. Nothing puts a smile on my face more than that...ha!
Btw...you look as cute as ever!!! I've been wearing my corn mazes a lot too. Are yours all scuffed up yet? Mine are so scuffed and I had them conditioned last year at the cobbler shop (seriously...that is the name on the window!) and they still looked well worn. I love it though!
Oh boy, what a day! I hope today is a better one. :-)
Your outfit is really cute. That dress looks super comfortable! I haven't been to Old Navy in awhile but might have to check it out to see what they have for fall.
I have had many a day like that...at least you look adorable:)
p.s. My husband is often amazed at my ability to hit curbs all the time when I turn
Post a Comment