Wednesday, November 17, 2010

OOTD - so you're not going to believe this...

but I'm in a rental van again. I got my car back from the garage on Friday. And on Tuesday morning, this happened.
Needless to say, I am crazy grateful that my 4 year old who was seated behind me, and took most of the impact is safe, sound and unscathed by the incident. The baby didn't even wake up from napping in his carseat. I didn't realize the extent of the accident until we were home, mainly because my door wouldn't open, so I never got out of the car to view the damage. I was struck by a Ford 150 truck behind me while trying to make a turn. YIKES!

25 comments:

Gemma said...

Oh my! I'm glad to hear everyone, especially your 4 year old who was on that side, is okay! Sorry about the accident, what a scary thing to go through. :(

Jess said...

Jan, that is so scary! I'm so glad no one was hurt...so are you getting a new car and letting go of that one? I think someone is trying to tell you something!

Mich said...

I actually gasped when I saw that picture. How awful! I'm glad your babies are safe. This has not been a good week for your car.

shopwithm said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry, what a scary day you've had. I'm really glad to hear nobody was hurt and all are safe and sound.

Kim said...

Oh how scary, Jan! I'm so glad that you and the boys are fine. You poor thing!

SRP said...

SCARY! glad everyone is ok!!

A said...

I am so glad to hear that you are all ok! I was side swiped by an 18-wheeler 2 years ago and my heart still skips a beat when one drives by me.
Stay safe:)

Sara said...

Glad to hear that everyone is okay. How scary!

vintageglam1234 said...

I am so sorry to hear about your accident. How scary! I am so glad that everyone is OK. Good to see you're still smiling and handling it well. I would be slightly shaken by it!

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

Glad that you all are ok :)

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Holy cow! I'm so glad you and the little one are safe and sound and we can all comment at your incident!

Pamela said...

Oh my god! Jan! I'm so glad you and the boys are ok! That looks awful! It's probably a good thing you didn't see just how bad it was at the time. It might have shaken you up even more.

I think someone wants you to buy a minivan....

Unknown said...

Prayer, sage, crystals, jade, rabbits foot. Accept it all! I agree. Maybe it's minivan time. Everyone will stay out of your way. ;-)

Glad you and your family are safe!

Cat said...

Jan!! Oh my!! I glad it wasn't as bad as it looks. How scary to be in a collision at all, especially with the little ones! I can't believe your littlest slept through the impact!

Debbie said...

Oh no, how scary!! I'm glad you and your little ones are ok!

Kay said...

OMG! How scary! Glad everyone is okay! I am driving a damn rental too, as the rear panel of my car had to be replaced from my accident. People are so scary out there on the road!!! Argh!!!

Erin said...

Ohmygoodness, Jan, I'm so glad everyone is okay!!

Lori said...

Glad your little ones are alright. I had a minor accident a few months ago. It's very scary.

triciathomas said...

Oh my goodness!!! I am so glad you guys are all ok!! Scary! So you now need a new car!!!

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh Jan, I'm so glad you and your little guy are both ok! So scary!!!! Hope you get your car fixed soon!! On a lighter note, you look so cute in front of the rental! =)

Diem said...

OMG! I hope everyone is okay. My sister got rid of her car after the third accident. She said it was cursed!

Saya said...

I'm so glad to hear that everybody is okay. How scary! Now let's hope that all of your bad luck with cars is over with!

Peggy said...

So scary! Glad you all are OK Jan!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

Yikes! I'm so sorry you had to go through such a terrible experience. But how fortunate that no one was hurt -- thank goodness.

Carol said...

Oh, Jan, I just read this (am catching up) and I'm so glad you're all safe! How scary! Maybe you need to get a new car. This one seems to have bad mojo.

BTW, you look great. (Though I feel a little silly for mentioning it...)