Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wanigan or Try Again?

So the quest for a casual coat continues, after a major fail with the Cassonade Coat last month (see here) I decided to give the Wanigan Coat a whirl when it went on sale.

It's definitely cozy. but I dunno?
It's like lumberjack on the top and ballerina on the bottom...
This is a size 0 (not petite, because that was already sold out online) and the sleeves are long, but otherwise, it fits well. Opinions?

14 comments:

Blondmoma said...

You are adorable, but that coat is not. It swallows you up. You have are prettier style- this is too rustic for you.

Jessica said...

I think you can do better. I agree, it's just too big on you and you are too cute for it! Have you tried the Frill Force Jacket? I am wanting that coat so bad and it looks really really cute on. But maybe it's not warm enough for what you want.

Lori said...

The back is cute, but there is a lot going on in the front. It overwhelms your frame.

Jenni said...

I agree...that is a cute coat (sorta split personality like you were saying) but it's just too big overall I think. You can totally find something else that fiyts perfectly. Sorry girl...keep searching and you'll find the perfect coat!

vintageglam1234 said...

I dunno either Jan. I think the coat looks a size too big on you. If it was more fitted, it could potentially work. It would be good for outdoor adventures (like camping). How many times do you think you will wear it?

TaraMixandMatch said...

I think the coat is cute, but swallows you up a little bit because you are so tiny....I'm sure you will eventually find something perfect! I know how hard it is trying to find a coat that is just right!

Pamela said...

oh no! This is not the right coat for you. It swallows you whole! It's too bad the petite was sold out bc it would be interesting to see how that worked. How disappointing :( I know you will be able to find something!

triciathomas said...

I hate to say it but you coined it... lumberjack meets ballerina! I think you look beautiful in anything but I would say that coat is a pass.

Tifani said...

I agree with others. You are too cute to settle for this coat. Have you had any luck at Old Navy? Maggie is almost the same size as you now and loves her XS casual coat from there. Maybe you'll have luck and find a real bargain?

andrea said...

lumberjack meets ballerina? That made me laugh out loud. I have to agree. It's too big. Or you are too small. You pick :0).

Kay said...

I don't want to jump on the pile, but we are almost the same size and girl, that coat is eating you up! I'm actually glad you posted this, because I've been admiring it too and now I know not to even bother. The bottom is so cute, but the top is looking huge on you. You ARE too cute for this coat.

Have you been on Soia & Kyo's website? The coat that Anthro sells (Petal Curves Puffer) is sold out in an xs, but they have ALL kinds of cutie cute coats on there in xs and xxs...worth a look! Good luck! *sigh* Petite girl sympathy over here, LOL.

missy said...

The coat overwhelms your frame and the collar overwhelms your face. Too much coat for you. Not a good look on you.

Lifeasahoosier said...

I agree with the masses. I actually bought it after reviewing it when it went on sale and the coat I got in the mail was even more poufier on the bottom...I just couldn't get it to lay right so sadly it went back.

laylablue said...

you are adorable, and the coat is cool, but it is eating you! maybe a solid color and something more streamlined. add fun and frills with scarves and mittens/hats/gloves ;)