Friday, October 29, 2010

The Cassonade Coat

I had such high hopes when the beautiful Cassonade Coat first appeared on Anthropologie's website. I greedily ordered it with my birthday discount, and it arrived today. The moment I pulled it out of the box, I knew it was going to be too big. And it was. In the shoulders, the waist, the sleeves - everywhere. In addition, the color was not as rich as it looks online and the button closure sat so high (and didn't nip in) it just made the coat swing out babydoll style, making me feel large and dowdy.

And what was to be the cutest part of all, the back...well, it was rather anti-climatic in person.

Has anyone else tried this coat? With better luck? Mine's already been repackaged to send back, but at least I tried!

P.S. - these pictures aren't taken with the new camera, I've got a lot to learn with that puppy!

13 comments:

vintageglam1234 said...

hey Jan
Oh dear! that does look too big for you. I had high hopes for this coat too. Is this an XS (zero)? I was hoping the waist would nip in more, that's the most crucial element when it comes to a style like this one. It just looks a bit too baggy.
thanks for trying it on and sharing with us, even though it didn't fit!

Pamela said...

That coat swallows you whole. So disappointing!!

Jan Russell said...

vintageglammz - the coat is a size XS, but if I had to put a numerical size on it, I'd say it fit like a 4/6. The buttons were right under the bust, rather then the waist, and it didn't remotely nip in either area :(

Pamela - I had such high hopes for it being the *perfect* neutral coat. Boo.

Eleanor said...

It's the thought that counts and the fit that stinks.
That coat is gorgeous, it is too bad it doesn't fit!

Eleanor ~ Shopping The Closet
http://shoppingthecloset.blogspot.com

Gemma said...

Oh, sorry about the coat. It looks pretty online though. I guess I can cross that off my wishlist. Hope your other birthday goodies worked out for you!

Jessica said...

Sorry that didn't work out for you. I guess that means you'll have to find something else, right!

TaraMixandMatch said...

Aw...sorry that the coat didn't work out! Its hard being short and finding a coat that fits properly...I still don't know if I've accomplished that lol!

Anonymous said...

too bad! it seemed like a 'you' coat, in theory! Thanks a lot for posting it though, sometimes it seems bloggers only post things that work for them. This is really helpful. Better luck next time!

Kristina Clemens said...

I hate when that happens...I'm sometimes so worried that I'm gonna get something and it's going to be so tight that I over "up-size". But it's really frustrating when something just doesn't fit...hate that! Just think how great it'll be when you get all that credit back on your card! =)

Carol said...

Aww, what a disappointment! I had such high hopes for this coat too! Thanks for letting us know.

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

Oh no, I'm sorry the coat ended up being such a disappointment. I feel like it's stock picture is akin to an internet dating website profile -- the picture is always of the person when there were 10 years younger and 20 pounds lighter. This coat duped you! I hope you can find some cute things to pick out instead.

Kay said...

Ha! I'm over here now too to stalk you :) That's really too bad about this coat...it is huge. I am currently in the market for a new coat as well and I guess this one's out! Petite gals sized out again!

Kay
anthroflux.blogspot.com

triciathomas said...

Sad because I really was liking that coat!! At least the dress you are wearing underneath is beautiful!