When this dress first appeared on Anthropologie's website, I thought the vibrant colors were pretty, but that the overall style was so not me. I don't know why but this one read as Southwestern? to me. Then when I was at the store a couple of months ago, I saw the dress and thought it was so much prettier then I gave it credit for. Still, I didn't try it on at the time. Fast forward to it receiving a second sale cut this week. $30? For real? At that price, I can be flexible about my style ;)
J. Crew Cardigan
Target Merona Maribel Peep Toe Wedge
Anthropologie Pessinus Garden Necklace
*If my husband is going to keep this photographer gig, he's going to need to find a new angle. I apologize for the scary big head...
15 comments:
I love your fall decorations. I need to put mine out. I was so good on not getting this dress. About the only thing I was good about. Glad the husband didn't freak at how much I spent online and at the store in one day! The cardi matches perfectly with the dress. You're making me regret being good. BTW, your head doesn't look big in the pictures.
I think I have Mr. M trained for picture taking, after some weird angle shots. I still keep my trusty cheapy tripod on standby though! :)
I saw that dress the other day but my store didn't have my size. It looks great on you!! The colors are really nice and bright. Perfect for a warm fall day!
This dress looks lovely on you! I love the colors. I felt the same way about it looking better in real life than it did online.
My husband always takes pictures at weird angles too and he thinks that taking just one picture is enough. Men! Don't they understand we need cute pictures for our blogs? I guess I'll have to train him, like Pamela said. ;-)
I never gave that dress a second glance before, until I saw it on LC from Bella Seattle. Then I hawed about the price and when it went on sale the first time I was concerned it might be too long for me. By the time I decided I wanted it, it was gone and I am too lazy to go hunt for it - but you look so dang good in it, Jan! Ack, I can't look at you anymore or I'll be ringing up CS all over the place to look for it! ;o)
You look adorable! I never gave this dress a second look until today. What a steal!!!
You make this dress look great!!! And holy good deal! Love the comment about the photog's gig being in jeopardy...too funny!
I had the same experience with this dress. I really liked it in the store, but I couldn't bring myself to buy it, even at the second-cut price.
I thought it looked overwhelming on my small-frame. But I think you're petite too (right?) and it looks great on you!
If it pops back up in my wishlist, I might have to give it another chance. I've got a try-on picture of it here: http://thetopdrawer.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/tuesday-sale-buys-anthro-and-kendra-scott/
Funny, the pencil eraser dress had the same mind metamorphosis for me :) At 30 bucks, it's hard to say no- and I really like that dress, you look fab!
Your husband must be 7 feet tall- ha!
I love this dress and got mine at full price. I get several compliments a day when I wear it.
You look wonderful!
You look amazing in that dress! Such a great deal for it too. Yay for good weather this weekend. The weather has been kind of cruddy in my neck of the woods.
Cute dress! I was drawn to it myself, but was hesitant to try it on because it looked too long for me (I'm 5-2) However, it looks fabulous on you!
MixandMatchFashion
Jan, this dress looks wonderful on you. I just love the colours! I kinda wish i have it now...
err..my husband isn't the best at taking photos of me either. The shots are usually blurry, at at the most unflattering angles. He could take hundreds of photos, but in the end, I only end up using about 5 of them!
I don't think your head looks too big in the photos, but you should teach your hubby to lower the camera slightly! hehe
cheers
Jen
vintageglammz.blogspot.com
love the porch halloween deco!
You look so great in that...I cannot believe how cheap it came down to...yay for us!!!!
There you are, looking gorgeous in mustard-tones again. Can you tell I am just the teensiest bit jealous it doesn't look so hot on me? : )
But this entire outfit look stunning on you, and $30 is a great price for that dress! Perhaps the southwest vibe would be a good excuse for you and the husband to take a trip to Taos or Mesa Verde!
Post a Comment