Sunday, October 17, 2010

OOTD - Atlee, Again

Last week, I had some fun using my J. Crew "red card" good for 25% off the entire purchase. Though I already own the Traversa Cardi in Orchid Shadow, I could not resist picking up the Nutmeg as well - it is such a gorgeous rusty orange and you know that color makes me weak! I paired it with the Atlee Skirt I also bought during the promo and you've already seen me wearing...it's earning it's keep in my closet. The eighteen karat belt from Anthropologie is also working out nicely, I can wear it low on my waist - cinched around the middle belt hole, or up higher, though it's still slightly loose at my natural waist. I like the way this belt fastens, so you don't have the excess flapping around when you cinch it tighter. Finally, I broke out the knee highs again - first time in my life I have gotten on board for this trend, and even though I've not been a "school girl" in a long time, I still like dressing up like one ;)

J. Crew Traversa Cardi
Old Navy Blouse
J. Crew Donegal Tweed Atlee Skirt
Anthropologie eighteen karat belt
Anthropologie Winding Ruffle Boots

P.S. - thanks for weighing in on the camera/bag decisions - I'm glad I don't have to choose the camera (sounds like they are equally great!) but I'm strongly leaning towards the Currant bag after looking at them longer - as wonderful as neutrals are, I think my rainbow collection of bags is an indication that I go for more of a "pop" when it comes to my purse ;)

32 comments:

Debbie said...

What a cute fall outfit! I just love those boots. Since I unfortunately missed out on them, I stalk them on Ebay hoping to find them for a reasonable price someday. ;-)

Gemma said...

Definitely a cute outfit for fall! Those boots are great, maybe I'll have to get one in the Pebbled and Primped ones once they hit sale.

Pamela said...

Super cute outfit! The knee highs with the boots looks great with the outfit!

Anonymous said...

You look so adorable! I will have to copy the outfit... I have the skirt and the boots.

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

You look like you belong on the cover of a fall magazine! I love it!

~JLynn~ said...

I tried on the Nutmeg cardigan this afternoon! It looks much better on you! I love your outfit and your knee highs are adorable with the boots. I like your idea to let the knee highs show a bit!

Cat said...

I'm really loving all your fall outfits. The colors are just amazing on you. AMAZING! I'm interested in your camera choice too, since I still haven't replaced my broken one. I managed to get to J.Crew last week on the last day of the Mickey card, but only came away with a pair of knee high socks... where was that skirt? Doh!?! You did well!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

I just ordered the Traversa cardi in the orchid shadow color and I can't wait to wear it - I know I've said this before, but I can't look at you wearing the Atlee bc you make me want it myself! What great fall outfits you've been coming up with. Oh if it weren't still in the 70s and 80s in the SE!

shopwithm said...

Love it!! Gah, I'm so jealous of your Atlee. I'd order it FP if I hadn't gone beserk with the red card and this 30% off sale. I'll just live vicariously through your pics. (and hope it makes it to a nice sale price.)

Dea said...

I love these colors and you look just perfect for the fall. I remember when you picked up these boots earlier this year and I'm glad you did bc they're just adorable.

LRA said...

Absolutely LOVE this outfit!!

Peggy said...

This whole outfit is wonderful! Love the sweater, the tweed, the boots! I wanted those so bad last year, then the Pebbled & Primped this year- but they elude me! They look great! I am into the knee sock trend too this fall - love it!

TaraMixandMatch said...

Cute outfit...Love the color of your cardi with the skirt! I also love how you have the socks peeking out from your boots, I try to do it and it just looks silly! Looks so adorable on you though!

Jenni said...

This outfit is perfection on you!!! The colors are so pretty---totally screams Fall!!! How exciting to be getting a new camera....and of course, the bag is the really fun part to pick out! My husband is always assigned to decide on the technical stuff while I stick to what will look good to accessorize it! =)

Anjali said...

I LOVE this fall outfit! Seriously! Saving it to my inspiration folder. Great job Jan :)

vintageglam1234 said...

Hey Jan
I love your use of earthy, fall colours in this outfit. Your bow belt is very lust-worthy. I am a sucker for bows! I love how you incorporated a little girliness into your outfit! Yet, it still looks grown up.
Cheers
Jen
PS- did your husband take this photo or am i to assume your tripod skills have improved? hehehe

Lifeasahoosier said...

I love this outfit....it screams pumpkin patch and hayride! You are making me regret selling my winding ruffle boots girlfriend!

triciathomas said...

That is the cutest fall outfit I have ever seen!!! I adore everything about it!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

More rusty orange! AND you looking great in it as always! Everything in this outfit is perfect -- those boots are amazing, and I'm so glad you got the Eighteen Karat Belt -- it is definitely you! I might nee dot try to track down the Atlee skirt -- it seems like the perfect versatile fall piece.

Kim said...

Your fall outfits have been fantastic! I'm really loving them, and this one is no exception! I like the colors so much, I'm going to replicate it, if you don't mind. Boots and knee socks is a fav fall look of mine as well!

Jessica said...

I love this outfit Jan! And you are making me want that belt even more girl! And I agree on the currant color for the bag, it will add a nice pop to your outfits.

Kali Ramey Martin said...

This outfit is so cute! Love the orange with the tweed and brown leather!

Lorraine said...

I adore this outfit. I just ordered that exact cardigan and I can't wait to get it. That belt is to cute and I have to have it now. You look great!

Carol said...

Jan, you are so super cute in this outfit! I love every bit of it.

Mary T said...

Very cute-new follower and I just love your blog!

Michelle Q said...

This is the most adorable fall outfit and you are the cutest mom ever! I love the way you pair things - and that atlee skirt is perfection on your frame!

GinaBean said...

Super cute Jan! I need to have that skirt! What size did you take?

Lori said...

I love the knee highs! And it feels less school girl for sure when it's paired with boots!

Lorispeak

Jan Russell said...

Thanks girls for all the super sweet comments, I really appreciate the kind words :)

GinaBean - I didn't see this size online, but I found the skirt in a 00 at my store, and that is the size I'm wearing. Hope you snap one up, it's such a cute piece!

GinaBean said...

Thanks Jan!

Unknown said...

I love this outfit, it's so fall! Especially the socks peeling out from the boots... I would love to try that but, I don't have appropriate boots or socks, hmmm maybe I'll have to go shopping but, probably not. That would defeat the purpose of my blog!

Unknown said...

This post made me buy this skirt! I just got it and I am in crazy love with it - I am looking to style it up for a casual holiday party this weekend - i can't wait!