So, my husband has finally discovered this blog...and he's already teasing me and asking too many questions about my buying the same shoes in two colors. He even told me I should wear my Twinkling Dress to an open house on Saturday, unless of course I'd be too uncomfortable with the itchiness. I told him this blog is "No Boys Allowed!" so hopefully, he'll feel too guilty to keep reading in detail...at least now I can just get him to take my OOTD pictures without having to explain!
It poured rain all night long - so much in fact that our schools have a 2 hour delay this morning because of flooded roads. Crazy!
Aldo flats
23 comments:
i try really hard to stay away from your blog...it makes me want to shop!:) well, as hard as I try, i ALWAYS come back!
That is too funny!
That's so funny that your husband didn't know about your blog.
I love the trench on you. I think it's versatile as well. It would look great with dresses or jeans.
My hubby loves to endlessly tease me about my blog too!! I think it's so funny how they 'just don't get it'! I hope it dries up there I hate endless rainstorms! You look beautiful as always!
That is hilarious that your husband didn't know about the blog! At least now you have a photographer.
Your OOTD is adorable as always. I am still loving you for introducing me to LE Canvas. Great, great stuff.
You look adorable. Ha, I have told DH it's really better for our marriage if he stays away from my blog. It's really just better that he not know EXACTLY what my shopping habits are, as long as I'm staying within budget. I'm sure he'll read it eventually though...
Such a cute outfit!
My husband thinks it's funny that a bunch of women get online and post pictures of themselves and then tell each other we look nice. hahah Men...just don't get it! =) Needless to say he hasn't seen my blog either and it's probably better that way too! haha
Love that cute shirt and skirt combo...gorgeous! Hope the rain goes away..I'm totlaly willing to spare some of this heat we're having in cA!!
My husband also teases me about posting clothes pictures on my blog. I have always loved clothes and getting outfit inspiration from other bloggers has been such a fun "hobby" for me! You'll have to def watch what you post now :-)
First of all, Jan, your outfit is just SO perfectly cute! You look fantastic in that blouse and that skirt.
As for husbands and blogs, I think I may be the odd one out, because my husband is actually really into online communities, etc (he did his doctoral dissertation on online communities and got his Ph.D. in Science and Technology Studies). He loves that I've taken so well to blogging and he finds us, the Anthro blogging community, fascinating. =) Hahaha...in fact, he doesn't tease or bother me about my blogging at all. He does occasionally nail me on my tweets about buying stuff, though...
Hey Jan
great outfit! The colour combo is well chosen, and the skirt is very pretty on you.
At first, I didn;t want my husband to know about my blog, i felt slightly embarrassed that i actually have a blog in the first place focussing on Anthro! I mean, im from Sydney, Australia and there's no Anthro store here..
But there was no hiding from my husband. He can tell when im typing something longer than a status update on facebook :-)
When i'm writing up my post, i never let him see, and i minimize the blogger window whenever he comes into the room~! he only reads it after i have posted it.
he always likes to read it, and also keep tabs on the comments i receive :-) hehehe...
Cheers
Jen
vintageglammz.blogspot.com
Jan you are too hilarious and can't believe you had the blog under wraps for so long. No one at the house noticed all the pics you were taking?? The outfit is adorable and you look beautiful on a rainy day!
Men don't get it. My husband doesn't really tease me, but I'm sure he thinks it's silly. He does occasionally take my outfit pictures which is nice. I really like your outfit today. Does that shirt fit TTS? I've never bought anything from Lands End, so I have no idea how their clothes fit.
LOL that your husband didn't know! You look super cute in that skirt! Sorry about all the rain you're having, I hope it goes away soon so you can enjoy the weekend.
HAHA....I haven't told my husband that I just started a blog either...he is going to make fun of me hard core :)
MixandMatchFashion
SUPER cute skirt.....:)
Enter my F21 Giftcard Giveaway!!
Statements in Fashion Blog
Ha ha!! That's so funny that he "casually" mentioned something about the itchiness of the dress! funny! Mr. M like to pretend it's silly but I know he finds it fascinating. He'll often say, "oh, you should put that on your blog" or "you should tweet about that". I've told him many times that maybe HE needs to do a blog! :)
That darn pinochle skirt is killing me. It's so cute. i'm sorry I passed on it.
This is too funny! I'm amazed you were able to keep it quiet for so long. Man, I spilled the beans after about two weeks of blogging, and now whenever I'm late, the BF wants to know if it was because I had to take outfit pictures before leaving the apt. And now he also know how much I shop. Eeek!
I love the Pinochle skirt, especially with that blouse. So, so cute!
Ha! I love that you husband didn't know about your blog. My husband knows about mine, but he doesn't read it- he really doesn't want to! P.s. you make me want that trench ridiciously bad :)/
I'm surprised at how many blogs are not known by the husbands. Mine knows. He has been going on about his online communities for years. I've memorized some of the more active posters' online handles even though I don't visit the sites. He has to return the favor & listen to all of my yikety yak about fashion blogs.
Love the pinochle skirt. I haven't worn mine yet, but so glad I got it.
I should say that I didn't try to hide my blog, I just didn't promote it to Jonathan either, lol. I have a "family" blog that I posted the link on when I first started here, and I assumed he'd click over and know right away, but I guess not!
Lorraine - the Canvas line is supposed to cut slimmer then regular Lands End, but I still find it on the roomy size. The blouse is a size 0, but feel like more of a 2 to me - and I've had the same thing with the Heritage cardigans they feel a size bigger to me as well. I had to return the skirts I tried because they were too roomy in the waist. HTH!
teehee. It took him 10 months to realize you were blogging? love that you told him 'no boys allowed'!
uh oh- Mr. Russell is lurking. We will have speak in code!
So, are you excited about the whiskey, tango, foxtrot, alpha bravo sale tomorrow charlie?
Post a Comment