Friday, October 15, 2010

OOTD - Molded & Melded

I have some bad news. My photographer quit. Upon asking Jonathan to snap my picture for the third time in one week, he snapped. "This is ridiculous. You're out of control" he told me. Well, okay then...it was....fun? while it lasted!

I need to get back into the swing of using the timer. Imagine Tyra Banks flipping over this picture and declaring "and here's your best shot"
NY & Co. Cardigan
Anthropologie Molded & Melded Tee
Anthropologie Pessinus Garden Necklace
Gap Jeans

The Molded & Melded Tee has some amazingly gorgeous details, but the cap sleeves are not actually working as sleeves on me???? They just scrunch up at the shoulders making it look like a sleeveless top??? And I'm not sure all the ruching and gathering lays right on me, either. But I love the color and I do think it's super pretty!

I went to bed at 8:30 last night and feel like a new woman! Of course, Graham has a 10am appointment at the pediatrician, and I have to take Sawyer with me too...so we'll see how long that refreshed feeling lasts ;)

18 comments:

Erin said...

Hahah, the image of Tyra saying that has got me laughing at my desk - too funny! :)

I just love this color of the Molded & Melded Tee - so pretty!

Carol said...

"You're out of control?" No! How about you're demonstrating commitment and creativity and developing a loyal readership and tapping into a niche in the cultural zeitgeist? Maybe he was having a bad day...

That outfit is so cute~and I have everything BUT the Molded and Melded tee! I think I know where I'm going to find myself later this afternoon...

And I love the Top Model reference, as well as the photo itself. =D We all have days like this, yes? It least you looked great!

Lorraine said...

That shirt does the same thing on me. It looks lovely you. I like the cardigan over it. I'm going to try that.

Cindi said...

I love your color combo for you. Hehe I'm not sure which camera you use but have you considered getting a remote for it? Mine just came yesterday and I plan on using it from time to time. Chris doesn't mind taking quick photos for me at all but I'd like better shots than those on my iphone!

Jenni said...

hahahaha...my husband and I have literally gotten into an argument about me having him take my picture before...he hates that I want like 10 pictures taken so I can pick the best of the bunch. He thinks one is good enough and if it isn't great, so be it. I fired him. =) You look great! I don't wear the Molded and Melded without a cardigan either because the sleeves are a bit odd..one side seems longer than the other due to the details. It just looks better covered up on the sleeves on me. You look great! =)

triciathomas said...

I have the same 'sleeveless' issue with that top! I love the color you got it in! Sorry your photographer is quitting he was doing such a wonderful job!

Peggy said...

You are so hilarious! My son takes me pics, but I was thinking of asking my husband b/c he is so awesome at photography - but I bet we would make it about a week until he made the same declaration as your DH!! haha
Glad you got some sleep - I love color of your Molded & Melded.

Eleanor said...

Just found you through Ginger Girl and love it!
I especially loved your post with all the Halloween Decor!

Eleanor ~ Shopping The Closet

Jessica said...

LOL! You look super cute, I love that top too and we are shirt twins today!

Leah said...

This made me LOL! Too bad your photographer went on strike!!

Mich said...

Maybe it's time to get your boys interested in the arts? I've been too afraid to ask Boyfriend to take my blog pictures, but he has offered a few times. I think a remote sounds like a good idea.

I really like the Molded and Melded on you. The pink and grey is a pretty color combination, I need to try that.

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

When my husband complains about taking pictures I say, "Look husband...it takes you about 3 minutes to get up off the couch, snap a few pictures, and then sit back down. Are you telling me you can't spend 3 minutes of your day doing something nice for me?" Then if he complains more I just tell him to shut up and take the pictures :)

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Well, photographer or no, you still look pretty put together and chicly comfortable. I think the deep red is a very flattering color for your skintone.

TaraMixandMatch said...

The color of the tee is gorgeous! Love it! I'll be curious to see at what point my husband will decide he has had enough of taking my OOTD pics...haha!

MixandMatchFashion

vintageglam1234 said...

That picture is so funny Jan! Sometimes i use the tripod and timer, and i end up with heaps of pics of me unprepared!

I have a hard time asking my hubby to take pics of me. I sometimes wonder whether he thinks i'm nuts with this blogging business. He always says to me when we're out and I am a little dressed "if you want a picture, just say !"

Anyway, great outfit, despite the angle!
Cheers
Jen

~JLynn~ said...

I love the outfit! The Molded and Meld tee's color is perfect on you and it wears well with the grey cardigan. Love the outfit! In fact, I"m thinking of getting one for myself!
Maybe your photographer will have a change of heart :)

Lori said...

I love this tee's color and detailing on you (ESP in your reaching shot lol). My hubby doesn't take my pics either. I second cindi's rec for a remote if you can use one with your camera!

Lorispeak

Pamela said...

I'm telling you, those male photographers have a mind of their own. Go to target and get a cheap tripod. Then set your camera on a timer and off you go. No sassy talk and no threats of walking off the job.