Wednesday, October 13, 2010

in fall force

Fall is far and away my favorite season! I love this light dress from Target because it's the perfect thing as the temperatures transition - today's high is in the upper 60's - perfect! When I put this on my son asked why I was in my pajamas. Then my husband asked if I was wearing a kimono. Sigh.

Target Kady Boots

Here is a little glimpse of Fall at our house. Welcome...


This cute hoot pillow was purchased on Etsy - I'm tempted to keep him out year-round.
ManicMuffin


Another favorite Etsy purchase is this burlap banner - I have ones for Easter and Valentine's Day too.

Funkyshique

Picture Frames are a new purchase from Target
The candle holders are Target goodness, too. I'll use them year-round and just switch out the colored candles.

The candy needs constant refilling.
I purchased this table runner from Etsy last year, about a week after Halloween. I'm glad I got it and tucked it away - the fabrics are so cute!


I absolutely love Lori Mitchell Figurines - I have ones for other occassions too, but the Halloween ones are my favorite! And that scarecrow? It's name is Sawyer - how could I not take him home?




Here are all the links I could find, just in case you need to add some more riff-raff to your own home ;)

Halloween Decor


Halloween Decor by JanRussell on Polyvore.com

27 comments:

LRA said...

Love this post! I always love to see how others decorate their homes for fall:) Love the owl pillow!! I think it (he!) could be left out all year long. Where did your owl candy dish come from? Also love Target finds, so loving the candle holders (need to go to target now!!) and Halloween picture frames.
Dress is lovely, you look adorable.

Kim said...

You look adorable - that dress is so cute w/the tights and boots!
I also love your home - the outside looks gorgeous!

Erin said...

You and your home are both just too adorable!! I love fall at your house! :) It looks like so much fun!

Jenni said...

You look really cute today! The boots are perfect with the dress. Tell those boys they don't know what they're talking about! =) YOur holiday decor is so fun! I love it all!!!

Cindi said...

OMG your home is just so lovely! I love all the fall and halloween decorations. I wish I had that many things to play with. I just can't imagine how beautiful your Christmas decor must be. :) Thanks for sharing!

Pamela said...

Your house looks wonderful all dressed in it's fall finery. From the mums outside to the cute frames, it looks so welcoming and cozy!

I love that dress and Mr.M said the same thing about it looking like a kimono!! What's with that?!? It looks great on you with tights and boots. Good color for you!

sparrowsandsparkles said...

You look darling! And I LOVE how you've decorated... I need to get on it! Adorable owl pillow too... thanks for sharing :)

sparrowsandsparkles said...

And just noticed we have the same chandelier from your candy bowl picture... love your style!

Debye said...

First off, I really love your outfit, I mean really REALLY!

Your house looks so wonderful (I especially love the front of your house)! My kids are always getting on me because I am not a big holiday decorator. I get out some fall themed runners and wreaths and then some more at Christmas and that's it.

Peggy said...

Me and Maggie loved this post getting to see all your fall and halloween deco! Love it all. Your house looks great. You look great in your Target wear too!

Jan Russell said...

Thanks girls - I really do love decorating for Fall/Halloween - and my boys do get a kick out of it so that's fun.

mrs.a - the candy bowl is here http://www.theholidaybarn.com/owl-treat-bowl.aspx

Pamela - too funny! Boys!

sparrowsandsparkles - I love that light fixture, we have the smaller one over the island too :)

triciathomas said...

I love that dress on you!!! CUTE!!! Your house is so beautiful!!! I love the owl pillow I think you should leave it out all year!

Lorraine said...

You look so cute today! Thanks for sharing you decorations. You have a gorgeous home. I love the owl pillow. I'm going to go check out that etsy store right now. I liked reading about your husband and sons comments. My husband doesn't understand fashion either. He would have said the same thing.

Gemma said...

These are such great decorations! I need to start focusing on my home and stop with the crazy clothes buying! I don't even think I've developed a picture in a few years to put in a frame. Oh, you make me feel bad. But I love how you're inspiring me to go shopping tomorrow with the boys to help pick out some fall decorations for the house.

Your outfit is so cute. I don't know what your son and husband were talking about!

Anonymous said...

Your outside and inside Fall decorations are PERFECTION. Love it. I am too lazy to dig mine out but you are inspiring me - too cute. I have that dress in blue and you gave me a great styling idea - thanks! You look adorable!

Andrea said...

I am a frequent visitor to your site and I had to tell you I really loved this post. You look so pretty in your dress. And your decorated home is beautiful both inside and out. What sweet memories of home you are creating for your boys.

Sara-You, Me and Anthropologie said...

You have such a beautiful home! I wish I had a big home to fill with Halloween decorations...it's my favorite holiday :)

TaraMixandMatch said...

Oh my! That dress looks ADORABLE on you. I tried it on, but couldn't make it work. And your fall decorations look awesome...I love to decorate for holidays, but living in an apartment, I don't have anywhere to store the decorations!

MixandMatchFashion

Dea said...

Jan, this dress looks so perfect on you and love how well it goes with the tights and boots, just lovely!
Also, ummm, do you accept houseguests because your home looks the coziest, inside and out!!

Mich said...

Thank you for letting me live vicariously through you in this post! Halloween is my favorite holiday to decorate for, but I'm so busy this year I won't get a chance to decorate or even make a costume. I'll just enjoy your decorations this year.

And you look gorgeous in your outfit for the day. I bought this dress in another pattern and I can't wait to copy your boots and tights styling when the weather cools off here.

Jan Russell said...

I can't take credit for tights and boots - I just took notes when Pamela and Cindi and Spiffy wore their T for T dresses! It really was a super comfy outfit and perfect for the temps today - thanks girls for your sweet comments :)

Gemma - I don't discriminate, I'm crazy about buying for my house, my kids, things to hang in my closet...I am a consumer through and through! I don't think some pumpkins are enough to curb the Anthro addiction but good luck ;)

Andrea - thanks for saying hi and for your sweet words!

cavcpa & Mich - I hope you two get to enjoy some fun this fall even if you don't pull any decorations out!

Dea - use the side door when you come ;)

mommydearest said...

Wow, love the fall decor! My fall plan is pumkins in front and changing the table centerpieces :) Next year, I'd like to do better :) Need to hit Target earlier as there wasn't anything good left this week!

vintageglam1234 said...

WOW Jan, your house looks like it's straight out of a MArtha Stewart magazine!!!
I love the halloween decorations, you are so clever.
And your outfit is so amazingly chic. How do you manage to decorate your house so nicely AND look good at the same time? Super mum!
Cheers
Jen

Cat said...

First, let me say that you look incredible in this dress. I was afraid it would overwhelm me so I didn't bother trying it on. *Regrets*! Second, your house is so festive with all the halloween decorations. Can you do mine?? I'm hosting a halloween bash this year :)

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

Boys are silly. You do NOT look like you're wearing your PJs, especially with those fabulous boots.

And how adorable is your house?! I am sure visitors must love seeing all your fabulous decorations. And the owl pillow is darling. He should definitely keep watch over your home year round.

Jessica said...

Your decorations are so cute! I seriously love everything, especially that burlap banner. You look super cute in your dress too, I love it with those boots!

Unknown said...

You're home is so festive, I LOVE it!! It looks like something straight out of a home decor catalog, in an absolutely awesome and covetable kind of way :)