Saturday, July 3, 2010

OOTD - At the Parade

I was so thankful when Cat posted the Summer Wandering Tank with the Pulsations Skirt, so I could stop torturing myself (and all of you!) over what to pair mine with. This tank really is the perfect match, and I snapped one up the moment it went on sale.

Unfortunately, my family didn't have the same appreciation for the outfit I was finally able to put together.

"Why are you wearing circus clothes?" my 7 year old wanted to know.
"Are you in the parade?" my husband teased.
"Mom, you know the ball that a seal balances on it's nose? That's what you look like." my son continued. And when we arrived at the 4th of July parade he hoped out loud that he wouldn't see anyone we knew because of how embarrased he'd be.

Boys. What do they know anyway.


14 comments:

Andrea said...

I love your outfit. And I love that you wore yellow shoes. So cute!

Kali Ramey Martin said...

They know nothing, because you look adorable!

Unknown said...

*rofl* They're too funny. I'm so happy you're wearing that skirt w/parade pride ;-)

I bought it because of you & it didn't work out, unfortunately. You look darling in it though.

Jessica said...

LOL, I love them together! And I love a good parade too! Have fun!

Cat said...

You look absolutely darling in this outfit!!! So perfect for the 4th of July parade. Hope you had fun :D

Tifani said...

So, so wrong. You have finally found the perfect combo and you look precious!!

The only boy in my house this weekend thinks my intended look for the 4th "just doesn't work at all." I'm wearing it anyway. So there.

Debye said...

Boys....they know nothing about style (although the ball/seal comment was pretty inventive)!

Love the outfit, Happy 4th!

Carol said...

You look so fabulous! And um, some circus clothes are awesome!

Jenni said...

LOVE this cute outfit!!! I think the grey looks so cute with that skirt! ANd trust me, I feel your pain on the whole boy thing...they do say the funniest things!! =)

SRP said...

thanks for the chuckle! boys are so funny!
I think you found a winning combo :)
I asked my fiance what he thought of the buds and bunches tee and he just said "it's nice" which is code for "I don't get it"

Jenny R said...

I can sooo realate! I scored a pair of ATL modern slim fit jeans for $9.99 Friday and was excited to try them on for my husband later. Big mistake! I'm 5'6 and wear a size 26/2 jeans and he told me I looked bigger than my normal jeans make me look! I have to say he does hate skinny jeans on pretty much everyone...but it still hurt my feelings! BTW, I think your outfit was adorable as always!

triciathomas said...

What do boys know? I think you look beautiful!!! Link your blog up over at mine so we can all enjoy! Have a wonderful holiday!!!

Pamela said...

I think you look wonderful! Boys...

Debbie said...

I think you look really cute! Don't listen to the boys! ;-)