Wednesday, July 21, 2010

OOTD - The Bonus Nexus

This is a crazy week at my house. The boys have Vacation Bible School in the evening (and I'm volunteering in the Kindergarten class), my husband's birthday is on Friday (and I still need to buy his gift!) and my 4 year old likely has strep throat (we're off to the pediatrician this morning)

I accidentally cut my feet off on my first attempt with the timer - but you aren't missing much

Just my flip flops.

Phew! That was close, almost missed them again!

Anthropologie Nexus Top
Anthropologie Pessinus Garden Necklace
J. Crew Hipslung Capri
J. Crew Flip Flops

I hope everyone was able to score what they wanted from the sale yesterday! I was so excited when I saw the Bountiful Birds Blouse was marked down. I forgot to add this to my Polyvore Wishlist, but I've wanted this piece since I tried it on a couple of months ago.

The Air Mail Skirt on the other hand is a piece I've never even seen IRL and hadn't given much thought to, until LC posted that my size was still lingering at her store. I impulsively decided to call and order it and give it a shot.

Now I cross my fingers, and wait for the packages...

12 comments:

Gemma said...

The ivory Nexus top look great on you, especially with your skin tone. Makes me wish I grabbed a second one. I was about to get the Bountiful Birds, but I didn't pull the trigger. I instead got the Just Add Water Necklace, the Winding Roads Tank, and the Ylang Ylang sandals. This morning I noticed the Loops and Bounds T-straps got a 2nd cut so I got those too.

There are so many 2nd cuts this morning but all out of smaller sizes. I shouldn't be buying since we're on a small vacay in Charleston before we head down to Jax, FL for husbands 20th reunion. There's an smaller Anthro there, still can't wait!

The Airmail skirt will work and look fab on you! I got it at first cut. Sorry about your little guy and strep throat. Hope he feels better soon!

Jenni said...

You look so cute in that top! What a jhappy mistake that turned out to be! =) Your week sounds super busy...you're the chic mom who does it all! =) Hope your little one feels better soon...summer sickness all baffles me!

Melissa said...

That top looks fantastic on you! I love all the flowy ruffles. Pairing the romantic top with the rolled up jeans is a very casual glam look and I love it.

shopwithm said...

The Nexus looks gorgeous on you - such a great "mistake!" I have that color as well, and just love it. It's so...just pretty. I held back on the Anthro sale, except one pair of earrings.

Carol said...

You look wonderful, and your littlest guy is so cute in that photo! My little people are always making their way into photos too. =D Good luck with the new purchases!

SRP said...

ohh i like the bonus nexus top! really pretty and it looks like a completely different shirt! I ordered the bird shirt too (!!) what size did you order, I never saw it any of the stores I frequent so I have no clue what to expect..

Jan Russell said...

Gemma - I can't wait to hear about what you find in Charleston. I am so happy to hear that the Airmail Skirt should work out size wise - yay! And good news - it wasn't strep after all, just a sore throat that doesn't require any antibiodics - I noticed this afternoon that he was really perked up energy wise too.

Jenni - thank you, I think he's definitely on the mend! Being sick in the summer is the worst.

Melissa - thank you! I really liked this top with denim, I think I'll pair the pink this way when I wear it casually too.

Shopwithm - I love the ivory too, and I've tried in on with a bunch of cardis and can't wait to transition it into fall - glad you have this cute piece too :)

Carol - thanks, and isn't it funny how they want to get into the action!

Spiffy - I can't wait to see how you wear your Bountiful Birds - I bought the 0, which I tried on here
http://thegirliestboymom.blogspot.com/2010/05/another-round-in-anthro-fitting-room.html And looking at the pictures, I really need to just bite the bullet and order the Vappu from a store, because I WANT THAT DRESS - surely, an almost-strep-throat case is stressful enough to justify it ;)

Tifani said...

You needed that second top. It is perfect! Glad to hear it wasn't strep. We were just at the doc with Annie for a similar reason. No strep...just a mystery virus.

Cat said...

I love the sunny look with the flip flops. I've been on the mainland now for a week and I'm on flip flop withdrawal. I'm a fan of the bird blouse. It has a special place in my heart because I wore it to my job interview and got the job :)

Debye said...

Strep, yuck. I hope he starts feeling better soon! You look so great in that top and I can't wait to see your sale picks when they arrive. I am vicariously shopping through you

Pamela said...

I had the Bountiful Birds blouse in my cart and refrained. I have no reason why bc I love the pattern!!!

That is my favorite color if the Nexus top. They were all pretty but something about those layers in that creamy color just looked right. Great outfit!

Can't wait to see the airmail skirt in action!!!

Ashley Wilson said...

Hi Jan! My husband's bday is on friday too! I am insanely busy decorating a cake and cleaning up for a BBQ for our friends- it's crazy! You look adorable in the Nexus top. Have a fun weekend!