Remember my disappointment when the J. Crew gingham shorts ran too large and I wasn't able to add them to my closet? Well, that's passed, because the Olivia Shift went on sale, and came into my life. This little dress is cool and crisp and will be equally appropriate on the playground for playgroup this morning and then out for lunch with my husband to celebrate his birthday this afternoon.
This is a size 0, and be advised that it is short. But oh so cute.
16 comments:
I love the yellow shoes with that dress!! It's the perfect summer dress! I hope you hubby has a wonderful birthday!
I'm so glad the dress worked out for you -- so cute. Hope you and your husband have a great lunch.
Ooh, you look good in that dress! What a crisp and comfy-looking day dress! If I didn't already think I had way too much gingham in my closet, I've gotten that!
Is it too late for me to exchange a lightly worn pair of gingham shorts for that dress? :o)
I recently got that dress, too, on sale plus extra percent off. It IS short, but for summer, it's super cute and lightweight and I love that it's the "Olivia" shift...that is my newborn daughter's name! So, I HAD to have the dress, right??!! Looks awesome on you, and paired with a navy cardigan when it gets cool!!
I love the shift 10x more than the shorts. It looks great! I know shorts are practical but I'd much rather wear a skirt or dress in warm weather.
Have a great bday lunch with hubs! Happy birthday to him!!!
Looks sooo cute on you! I snapped up the two solid-color Olivias (charcoal and rusty-ish?) when I saw them on sale at the B&M and love them so much. Such and easy and comfy dress.
Such a cute dress. I didn't see that when I was at JCrew today. :( Well, it looks great on you! Happy birthday husband!
You look great in that dress and I am sure you will get a lot of use out of it! Hope you had a great lunch
Check you out rocking the gingham! So cute! And seriously, how did you survive without those fun yellow shoes before? =) They go with everything! Happy Birthday to your hubby! Hope you had a fun time at lunch!
This looks great on you! Such a versatile look to live in for summer :)
That dress is adorable and the yellow shoes are perfect with it!
This is such a "jan" dress! It's so great when you find the perfect solution to something that didn't work in the passed. I think I've officially been bitten by the gingham bug thanks to you :)
That dress looks so cute on you and I LOVE it with the yellow! You know me, I love my yellow shoes! Happy bday to your husband!
I just found your blog... and I love the title! I'm a very girlie boy-mom, too! :) Kiki
That dress looks adorable on you!!! I love checks. I haven't ventured into my JCrew lately but you always seem to find the best stuff. Hope you guys had fun on your husbands bday!!
Thanks girls - we actually went out as a family on Friday - to the delicious grease pit, that is Five Guys and then to Rita's for dessert. If you are on the East Coast, you can appreciate how good it was ;) Tomorrow night just dh and I are going out for his b-day dinner at a non-kid-friendly restaurant.
Mrs. A - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so excited to hear that your baby girl has arrived, and her name is beautiful! I hope you are enjoying all these early moments with your bundle of PINK - yay!!!
Jenni - this is the second pair of yellow shoes that I bought weeks after the first, when I realized yellow really DOES go with almost everything!
Kiki - thanks for saying hi, us girly boy moms have got to band together!
Post a Comment