As I mentioned yesterday, there are a few packages from Anthropologie that I am waiting for. I ordered the pink Nexus top from a store in New Jersey, and living in nearby Pennsylvania, I thought it would be the first to arrive. Also, this morning when I checked the shipping status for my shirtdresses, neither were marked en route for delivery. So, naturally when the very small box arrived inside of my mailbox today, I assumed it was my top. I almost squealed out loud when I pulled back the tissue paper and spotted the bicycle print instead! Wheeee! At last! I was overwhelmed with excitement and tried the dress on, straight away.
I was relieved that the fit was much better then the Reed had been on me, and I felt so happy and inclined to dance around in this thing. As the online reviews indicate this dress is cut very generously. It was roomy everywhere on me, even the notoriously tight sleeves fit just fine. Yay! Er...wait a second...
26 comments:
It's so cute, Jan! The pockets really seem okay to me! Can you have it shortened so it hits better lengthwise?
I'm a huge fan of your blog & this is my first comment!
First, YAY for PA/NJ Anthro lovers! I'm obsessed with the Wayne, PA store and am currently loving the one in Marlton, NJ. Which is your "home" store?
Second, I think the dress looks amazing (as does most everything you put on!). While I do agree the pockets sit low - I don't think it distracts from the dress and how it looks on you. I'd wait to see how the Dagmar looks and then decide from there! :]
I loved it on you when I first saw it! After reading your concerns I understood what you were talking about, but I still think it works on you. If you don't LOVE it though, I'd say return it.
I am almost your exact size and just had a baby as well. I ordered the same dress and ended up returning it. It only fit in the armholes where everyone thought it was too tight. I think it looks cute, but too big on you. Have you tried the beda dress, I have that one and LOVE it. It may work better.
Be prepared for me to copy this outfit in it's entirety!!! I think I mispelled that word oh well!! I love it Jan and think you look so cute in that dress!!
I agree that it looks too cute on you, and if you're concerned about the length, it's nothing a little hemming won't fix. The pocket placement looks fine to me. It would look really cute just at or slightly above the knee! LOVE this on you!
Jan, I don't think you should worry about the skirt - both the pockets and the length of it do not detract from the dress at all. A lot of my dresses hit me at the knee, where this one hits you, and I don't think it's a bad length. This dress didn't fit me well - it felt all off for me, so I don't have love for it, but I know Kathryn adores hers, and you look just as cute.
I think it looks fantastic, but if you're unhappy with the length you can always have it hemmed easily. I'm sure a good tailor could also remove the pockets and place them higher too.
It's a great dress!
I personally think that dress looks great on you, and agree with what Melissa said about the hemming and moving of the pockets.
BUT if you're not in love with this dress and don't feel like "working" it so hard to make it work, then maybe it's not for you. Not like Anthro is ever at a shortage of gorgeous dresses to pick from. :o)
I think the dress looks super cute on you and the length is fine.
I wonder why this dress ran so big. I had to go down two sizes when I tried it on!
Jan, I think you look adorable in this dress! Mine is coming too soon and I am very excited =) About the pockets, I guess they are a little low, but honestly, are you actually going to be walking around with your hands in your pockets posing face forward most of the time? :) I don't think anyone will notice a thing in real life or in motion. You look great!
I'm chiming in to say it looks great on you!!!! If you're concerned about length, get the hem taken up, but it seriously doesn't look like it needs it. It's totally up to your preference though. It's so cute with those shoes!!! I also can't wait to see the red dress on you. That color red is so pretty!
I think you look adorable but I can see what you mean with the pockets. If that's the only thing holding you back, though, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think they're a deal breaker at all. Love how you paired it with your cute yellow shoes!!!
The dress looks great on you! I don't see a problem with where the pockets lay. I plan to get mine hemmed up also without messing up the original hem. Can't wait to see the next dress!
I think this dress looks lovely on you - especially with your yellow shoes! I do, though, see what you say about it being a touch long - it's not so much the low pockets, I think those look fine, but I would hem the dress up to hit at the knee at least. It's so cute on you, though, I think it's worth keeping and getting it tailored.
You should definitely keep that dress. It looks fabulous on you. I'm beyond sad that it didn't work out for me. I love that dress so much. It looks great on you. I really like how you styled it too.
I agree I am not loving the bottom. This dress doesn't work on me either - tight sleeves.
stop! before you hem this dress (adorable :) )
sit down, bend over, and all that other jazz. i have a couple of dresses that have nearly been chopped until i SAT DOWN and crossed my legs.
as you may already know, a fuller skirt will drape differently at a shorter length, just something to keep in mind.
great combination with dress/shoes! keep posting!
You know I love this dress and that you look great in everything. But I'm with you on this. You look good, but not great like you usually do. It just looks too big overall to me.
The dress is really, really cute. That said, it does look too big on you. I might be the wrong one to ask though...if I had your body I'd probably wear only spandex, LOL.
Jan, so sad to be writing this b/c I have mad love for the dress, but agree that it looks too long on you and doesn't showcase your fab figure! If you keep it I'd consider altering it, but if it's not worth it, especially at full price, wait for something else to come along, and knowing Anthro, that will be in no time!
First off you look smashing in this dress but YOU also have to feel that way about it!
I think this dress is so special that it would be worth asking your tailor what they could do to help the length/fit and what that would cost then you can make a decision on how worth it it is to you!
I'm always honest in my comments and I have to say that this dress is darling on you. That being said, I get your points. Ultimately, if you don't love it, get rid of it and make room for other pretties :) Have you thought about taking the hem up? That's usually a pretty easy fix. Btw... so stealing your styling. I have the tiny twines belt too!
Hi Jan...I'm with Dea. I don't think it suits your body shape at all. Alterations to fix the waist and hem are expensive. But the height of the pockets just make it look off. I wouldn't pay full price for a dress and alterations on top of that...too much money for something that isn't fabulous for you. Just my two cents!
Thanks girls for weighing in. I'll update my thoughts in the next blog post - it's really helpful to hear your opinions and I appreciate you all giving me your take on the dress, too.
Jessica - I wish I was closer to Anthro! The Wayne store is almost an hour from me. We are right by Doylestown if you are familiar with that area? Thanks for saying hi, it's fun to "meet" a fellow Anthro-lover from the area :)
I'm late with my comment, but I really like the dress- I would have never noticed the pockets and i don't think it's enough to warrant a return... I think you could have it taken up just a bit and that might really make it a perfect fit. I hate spending even more money on alterations but once it's done, it's always worth it!
Post a Comment