Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Right Accessory

With all the new arrivals rolling out in stores, I'm starting to look ahead to Fall and compile a wishlist of items I'm longing to add to my closet.

Hands down, at the tippy top of my list are these boots. I've already decided they will be a birthday gift. I don't like surprises, and my birthday is in October making them a seasonally perfect present. Of course, fear of them selling out won't allow me to wait that long until purchasing them...I'm hoping I can hold out until September and then tuck them away. LOVE. LOVE. What's a word stronger then love, these boots?


Bows are my thing. If they aren't for you (I won't judge) here are another cute pair of boots I spied on Endless recently.





But back to bows. How cute is this bag? It's inexpensive and will match everything. Plus I know I can fit a sippy cup and wipes inside ;)







I have a pair of Kate Spade Gumdrop earrings already, and I love the statement they make when I wear them. They are definitely noticable. Wouldn't this Emerald pair be perfect around the holidays?





And here is my OOTD from yesterday, featuring what would be a perfect accessory, if it weren't defective on the one side. I feel like I'll never get back to the brick and mortar store to exchange this, so I'm making the best of my Looping Lanes Belt.

I smooshed it together for this picture.
Since I don't really like having to hold my belts into place, I'm thinking about ordering the Tie Game Belt, which looks similar to the Looping Lanes IMO, but skinnier. Cute, classic and definitely on my accessory wishlist.

Tie Game Belt

11 comments:

Tifani said...

Love, love the bag. I think I need that one. And the bow boots are so you!! If I thought that I would look good in them, I might want them, too.

Dea said...

Jan, you found some real pretties-dangerous :) I love both boots, they're so feminine and edgy. The bag is divine and I'm trying to come up with a reason as to why I need it in my life...

Pamela said...

Those boots are sooo cute. You should definately purchase them sooner vs. later. I just saw what happened with those Winding Road boots...September is a good time to make your move ;)

I, myself, am on boot overload right now. I just purchased two more pairs of boots from endless this week!

That stinks about your belt coming apart like it does, but it looks so cute when you wear it with dresses. I do like Tie Game belt though. It would be a good replacement.

I must keep my eye on those KS earrings. That green is brilliant!

Lizzy said...

Where did you get your dress you are wearing? It is darling!

Carol said...

Oh, Jan, I'm also dying over those boots. How wonderful that your birthday is in October! I wish MY birthday was in the fall! And that handbag - heaven knows I have enough handbags to accessorize a whole village of women, but that one is making me swoon. Love! (And so much less than the Chloe handbag I've been lusting after...)

Jessica said...

I love those boots! And those KS earrings are gorgeous. My fall wishlist is neverending too.

Anonymous said...

Good idea about the boots. I am an October birthday girl too!!

I am curious to know when do you splurge for full price shoes vs waiting for a sale?

Jenni said...

Both of those boots and the bag are SOOO cute!!! That bag would be grat for fall...perfect color. Hmmm...tepmting! =) I'm a September birthday so maybe I'll have to buy it for myself. Haha My fall wishlist is a very long one...so many great things out there! I love your cute OOTD...and sure hope you can get a replacement belt that works for ya! Regardless, you look fabulous as ever in that cute outfit!!

triciathomas said...

Those bow tie boots are killer!!! I am in love with them!! You look beautiful in your dress!

Jan Russell said...

It's so fun to see/hear what everyone is lusting for in Fall - I have another list of pretties I'll be posting later tonight...

MyLuckyDay - thanks! It's from Old Navy from a couple of years back, it truly made me stop in my tracks in the store when I saw it - sometimes they have hidden treasures!

CrewFan - I would splurge on these boots for two reasons
1. I would cry like a baby if they sold out in my size while I was waiting for a sale. I want them badly enough to pay full price.
2. I could start enjoying them immediately and feel like I've gotten my money's worth by wearing them from Oct-April

alltumbledown said...

Amazing boots. I don't even want to click and see the price of them! That'd ruin my little daydream.
alltumbledown:a modest attempt at style