I am a total Johnny Come Lately. I can't believe I didn't realize sooner what a must, must have the Beda dress was. I was super happy when it arrived this afternoon, just in time to slip into and wear on my date night.
My lighting options made it practically impossible to capture the beautiful details. The swiss dots and eyelet trim are just so feminine and pretty, I know my grandmother would have loved this dress, which makes me love it all the more.
Since we had dinner without the kids, it was safe to wear an all white dress ;) Afterwards we headed to the charming County Theater and saw Cyrus. The first few minutes had me ready to run for the door, but then it won me over. By the end I was "awwww" ing at the endearing characters.
I know I've told you all that I'm not much into movies, but I have to admit I was excited to learn that The Kids are Alright will be playing there, soon. Hopefully, we'll get out for some more couple time in the coming weeks.
17 comments:
The Beda dress looks so fabulous on you! Great date night outfit. I managed to pick one up last week. I just lucked into it on the sale rack. Yay, us! I basically don't eat without a bib when I'm wearing white. It magnetically attracts things like marinara sauce even if I'm not eating any.
This looks great on you, and I love the new Eddie Bauer belt with it. What a fantastic combo -- indeed perfect for date night!
Um, can we say fabulous?!!! You look so great in this dress...totally made for you. And I love that belt with it...great styling eye you have! Hope you had a great night out with your hubby...date nights are the best!!!
Jan, you look wonderful in your Beda Dress! I absolutely love mine - and isn't it incredible that a dress like that is totally machine washable? Haha, it's almost my favorite thing about it. ;)
The best things come to those who wait- case in point, you were meant to have the Beda, and on sale no less! It looks so great on you, hope you don't mind me sayin but you are a knockout! Love it paired with the skinny belt. I saw it for the first time IRL over the weekend and it is adorable. Didn't get it though b/c it was a size 2, and definitely too roomy.
That style of dress looks so great on your figure!
I love your theater! The marquee looks so old fashioned!
love it- is your belt green? the white is so feminine and pretty :)
What a lovely dress for you, Jan. I'm so glad you got out to the movies. Morgan really wants to see Cyrus, and I must admit that it looks like it has quirky charm. I would wish to see The Kids Are Alright, but I doubt it will come here. I think our next in theater movie will be Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. We have read the graphic novel series, so you could say we are fans.
Yay! The Beda dress worked out for you and you look so amazing in it! The skinny belt is awesome, too. Don't you just love it when something you order that you haven't tried on comes to you and it actually fits! I actually haven't seen a movie with the husband since 2005! We did watch Princess and the Frog with the boys, but does that count? We don't have babysitters and family is 5 1/2 hours away. Sad, but I'm okay with it.
Perfect dress for a night out! And you look so pretty! I've never really been into this dress but seeing it on you makes me rethink it now.
What a great choice with the Beda dress. It looks lovely on you!
That dress looks amazing on you! The fit is so flattering and it looks like it'll be very versatile. What a great find!!!
Yay, I'm glad you were able to get your Beda dress! It looks lovely on you!
You look amazing in the Beda dress! I am with you on the all white thing with kids. I think that is why I don't own too much. Sounds like a wonderful evening and much deserved break!
Cat - I'm so glad you were able to replace the smudged dress with one that's in perfect shape - I hope we'll get to see you wearing it on your blog, soon!
Thanks Jamie & Jenni - it really was great to put a pretty dress on and get out!
Carol - bonus, indeed!
Dea - if you didn't have a beautiful dress collection already I might badger you into hunting the Beda down in your size, it's so girly and pretty! Thanks for your sweet words!
Pamela - isn't it quaint! It's a non-profit theater, and I really do love going there and seeing the off beat films.
Spiffy - I wish my pictures showed the true color, the belt is really a blue-green and very Summery.
Tifani - the movie can be intense, it's definitely rated R for good reason. I was uncomfortable with certain scenes and language, but that goes with any movie these days, This one was smart and vulnerable and I enjoyed it.
Gemma - I think it had been nearly as long for dh and I too - we've been to the movies, but only as a family to see Pixar films. This was only our second time out since we had Graham! Thankfully, I do have my mom close by, because I don't use babysitters, either. I wish you had family close enough to give you a break sometimes. Ahh well, it's only for a season, right :)
Jessica - you should at least try it on! I was blown away by it IRL!
Lisa, Melissa & Debbie - thank you! I'm so glad I didn't miss out on this one, when I called Customer Service they only had two stores with my size, in their computers - so I feel really lucky to have grabbed this one on sale!
Tricia - at my house it's not just wearing white with kids, it's wearing white with BOYS - and that ups the risk even more, lol. You are so pretty in your white Rumba skirt, you definitely shouldn't avoid it all together!
I love the dress on you and a date night? I need one of those!
You wear the Beda dress beautifully! I was late to the party too when it came to the Beda. Luckily, through these awesome blogs I was able to secure one in green and I love it.
Yay for pretty dresses and great date nights to wear them! :))
Post a Comment