Friday, September 10, 2010

Brainwashed by the Bowtied-Beauty Boots + OOTD

So my long awaited Bowtied-Beauty Boots finally arrived this afternoon. I loved them upon first sight - the color is great, and the bows are darling. I quickly threw on an outfit I'd likely pair them with in the Fall to try them out. I am usually between a 5-6 in shoes and ordered these in a 5.5 - the fit was good, plenty of room to add a thick sock.

I'm just not sure about the height of the boots on me? And I'm kind of scared to ask for opinions because I love them. Even if they aren't the most flattering, they aren't un-flattering either...right? Right? Don't be afraid to tell me the truth lie to me.
I definitely love them from the side where the bows are in full glory!

Oooooooooh....they are CUTE! And I don't really have to bend my knees

And for a quick OOTD - I first saw the ever adorable Pamela pair the Field Scout Skirt with stripes, and I loved it! Then when I spotted impossibly cute Hollie on Anthrolic's Reader Outfits feature yesterday, I knew I had to recreate the combo myself! Yes, I did wear this skirt two days ago....and yes I did have to iron it again.

23 comments:

shopwithm said...

LOOOOOOOOVE! I swear, if I wouldn't have just gotten some fab boots, I would be all over these. They are beautiful, and so cute on you. Keepers for sure.

Tifani said...

I know I'm going to be the only one to say this, but here goes. I don't like those boots. I actually actively dislike them. You actually make them look better, but I still think they are too tall.

Understand that I come from a place where the weather prevents a practical gal from owning more than one pair of brown boots. So I would be sad if those were your only brown boots for the winter.

Collette Osuna said...

I love your boots, (not lieing, lol)
They are super cute with the bows..and your entire outfit rocks!!
Love the colors!!

Statements in Fashion

Gemma said...

I like the boots. I don't think the height is that bad on you. If you're comfortable with them and you love them, go ahead and keep them. I wish they-shoe makers- would adjust the height of boots for smaller sizes. Maybe they do, who knows? I'm kinda wanting the Loose Reins, but I'm afraid of the height!

I'm in Charlotte this weekend! Yay! Hoping to find some good things at Anthropologie! :)

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Oh Jan! Gorgeous boots!

They're not for me, personally, but if you love and they fit you well and are comfy, why not keep them?! One splurge that you love is worth way more than a bunch of smaller purchases you only like.

Dea said...

You look fab in the new boots and they will make any dreary winter day a pleasure. I think they look great on you and decent height. I'm glad you got them b/c the bows are exquisite!

Kim said...

I love the boots on you! I don't think they're too tall - they're just right and look great on you. Besides, I can tell you love them, and that's all that matters!
If you don't mind me asking, do you know what the calf circumference is? I want these boots, but I always worry they'll be too wide.

Debbie said...

I like them on you! As long as they are comfortable, I'd keep them. The color is great and the bows really make them fun and unique. :-)

Carol said...

Oh, Jan! Those boots! They take my breath away! Oh, gosh I want those so much, it's like a physical pain, haha...and you look FABULOUS in them. Don't take them back! The height is good, and I'm not making that up. So pretty!

Anjali said...

Those boots are *perfection* on you :)

Pamela said...

Thanks for mention! Ok, I think the boots look perfect on you. From the pics they don't seem too tall to me. Can you walk comfortably in them? You don't have to keep your legs straight/stiff do you!?! I love them on you and the way you have them styled. And even if you had to walk like a robot, I think because you love them so much you should keep them! :-)

Melissa said...

First, those boots are gorgeous. Truly beautiful! They don't look bad at ALL so if you love them, keep them and wear the heck out of them!

Second, your OOTD is stunning. That skirt is just so vibrant and pretty and I love it with the stripes! I'm loving those shoes, too.

Erin said...

Jan, I LOOOOOOVEEEEEE them on you!!! They are perfect! As long as they are fairly comfortable and since you definitely love them, I say they're keepers!! :) Enjoy!

greatbleuheron said...

The only thing I have to add to the excellent points others have already made is this: are you uncomfortable when you walk in them? If they feel bad, you'll grow to hate them over time no matter how much you love them now. But if you feel fine in them, your love will not diminish and it really doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks! Besides, you look exceptionally cute in them. :)

Jenni said...

The boots are perfection on you--for sure! I love them...and you can tell that you love them too. I actually think the height is perfect...any shorter and the proportion would be off all over with the bows. I would definitely be keeping them if I were you...love them! And your outfit is adorable...super cute combo! =)

Jan Russell said...

Thank you girls for the reassuring comments! They actually are a bit...I wouldn't say hard...but weird maybe? to walk in because the boot comes up to my knee, but it's not uncomfortable and I'll just make sure I don't plan to hike in them or anything ;) I really DO love them them, and I'm going to keep them!

Tifani - you are not the only one who doesn't like these boots, I assure you there are others out there! Does it make you feel better that I have the Cornmaze and Winding Ruffle Boots too? I tried on the Anticipation heels a few weeks ago and HATED them with a passion on my feet - they were beyond awful on me - so I've definitely been in the unpopular opinion camp with Anthro shoes too!

Kim - I just measured and the circumfrence is 14" - I hope that helps :)

No Guilt Fashion said...

I love those boots. The height, the color, the bows, I can't think of anything I don't like about them
www.noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

Lorraine said...

I love them Jan! I think they look great on you. They are on the top of my wishlist right now. Along with about 5 other things. I love the outfits too.

sparrowsandsparkles said...

Those boots are cute as can be. Definite keeper!

Rebecca said...

Hi Jan. New reader here, but I'm 5' so totally sympathize with the shoe and boot problem. I'm a 5 usually, sometimes (and def in boots) a 5.5. I think I've own maybe 2 pairs of 6s EVER. And Zappos must have me black listed b/c of all the boots I buy and return b/c of this very problem. I now don't even look at a boot taller than 14" and even that's tall. My main issue though is that they get tight in all the wrong places. I have slender calves but b/c they aren't the right proportion heightwise, boots are always too tight. This is also why I am nearly exclusively in petites for dresses these days.

As for the BOW boots. They are tall, but that's in right now. If you can bend your knee, then they are do-able. And if you really like them, then so what? They actually look like they have some give in the top, so that should help. Where do you normally get your size 5s? I have such a hard time, esp with the Anthro shoes that so often don't go that small.

Tifani said...

I feel much better knowing you have other boots, and cute ones at that! And I do feel better knowing I'm not alone. It's hard because I'm not a bow girl, and you are. If you had lived the bow-filled Southern competitive cheerleading life I had, you would understand why I'm kinda done with them.

You must know that I've never seen you look bad in a bow outfit. Every single one has suited you and in some cases made me like the idea of bows. I did get the pearly glow tank, after all, and it is currently my most flattering top.

Cindi said...

Two words...KEEP THEM! :)

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

These boots look perfect on you! And I'm not just saying that to encourage you to keep them, though you definitely should!

Perhaps the leather will soften up after a few wears and it will be easier to bend your knees?