Saturday, September 11, 2010

OOTD - Dagmar Dress Confessions

Today was my son's laser tag birthday party. It felt strange to be celebratory on an otherwise solemn day of remembrance. On 9/11/02 we brought Harrison home from the hospital on the one year anniversary of the attacks. Celebrating new life, as our country mourned the lives that had been lost. I am once again struck with the fact that time moves forward, burdened hearts grow less heavy, but on 9/11, no matter what we may be doing, we never forget.

Confession #1
I reordered the Dagmar Shirtdress to see if I would get one with a better pattern placement (compare with my first one, here) and I think I did - the difference is most noticeable on the top portion of the dress where you can see more of the floral pattern then in the first dress I received.

Confession #2
See those cute Hallowed Halls Oxfords I'm wearing with the dress? An Effortless Anthropologie community member was super kind enough to email me that the original Scarf Tied Oxfords were available in all sizes at Endless (a million thank yous!!!). And I ordered them. They came today and yes, I really do need two pairs of the same shoe. Something so cute deserves to be purchased in multiples!



13 comments:

Debye said...

You are too cute with your "reorders" (and your outfits of course). Love those oxfords as well....they definitely warrant having multiples

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, those shoes really are fantastic! Good for you for ordering another pair! And that dress is perfect on you.

Collette Osuna said...

Those shoes are fabulous!!!


Statements in Fashion

Peggy said...

You are killing me with all your purchases! You keep getting things I wanted!! You look so stinking cute in that Dagmar dress!!

Jenni said...

Jan, you are hilarious! I say if you love something enough, you might as well have a back-up pair! =) My grandma used to buy 2 pairs of the same shoe if she really liked it...one to wear now and one to replace them when they eventually wore out. Smart lady, right! This is ahard time of year for our country...having my birthday so close to 9/11 is always a little weird now. For a kiddo though, you can't stop life forever...party on I say! =) Hope the party was fabulous! And you look so great in that dress...totally made for you!

Carol said...

Oh, I love those shoes. Jan, you are killing me with all the cute shoes (first the boots, now the scarf-tied oxfords)! Love, love, love them!

Pamela said...

Wise move reordering the dress! It's hard when ordering online because you have the luxury of trying on multiples like you do in the store.

Speaking of multiples...I love both the shoes! I'm going to check out endless now!

triciathomas said...

I would totally re-order a dress for the same reason!! I love that dress and am planning on getting it (fingers crossed) when it hits sale! I also wanted to tell you I LOVE the boots and think you should totally keep them!

Cat said...

Haha... you know I am a big fan of the reorder x 11. I think the pattern placement on your second dress is much better. And, with free shipping, why not? The oxfords are super cute and the original color was always my favorite. I endorse the second pair :)

Cindi said...

I have never thought about reordering because of a pattern. You and Cat has got me thinking about that now. Haha...and oh! I love the shoes. Bows galore!

Skylette said...

Love it - and I love the boots on you. I honestly do not think you need to worry about pulling the look off, because you certainly do. I was drooling over the boots in SLC - now I'm wishing I would have purchased them.

Thanks for checking out the blog!
sassysavvystyle.blogspot.com

Gemma said...

I do like the pattern placement with the second dress much better. Will you be able to get a PA on the second one? *fingers crossed for you*

Did you grab anything from today's sales? I would have gotten maybe like 4 tops and more had free shipping still been available. Blushing Bouquet and Doubly Adorned (prob need to return, guessing big...but) only for me.

Have a great day!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

The Scarf-Tied Oxfords look *so* different than the Hallowed Halls. I can definitely see your need for both pairs! You have enough love to go around. I done the same thing -- two pairs of the Cole Haan Elly wedges, and I love them equally!

And the pattern placement on the new Dagmar is definitely better!