Friday, September 17, 2010

Tuckered Out

September has been a whirlwind at our house - back to school, Harrison's birthday (plus getting the invites and other details in order for Graham's 1st next month), both big boys in soccer (two games a week, each) and I need to read The Help for book club by Tuesday night (I haven't started yet!)

So here is one tuckered out mama in the new Tucker for Target line :) When I saw this outfit on their website, I about fell over from the cuteness. I positively LOVE both pieces. The skirt is snug in the waist, and the blouse fits comfortably true to size.

And here is what I'm actually wearing today. Spiffy wore this awhile back, and it's been in my mind to recreate the cute look. We're home waiting for the repair man to come and look at the dishwasher - my dh is convinced we just need a water softner, but I want to be sure the thing is actually cleaning...
Gap blouse (old)
Anthropologie Scalloped Clouds Skirt
Anthropologie Bouquet of Roses Heels

27 comments:

Lori said...

I'm a new follower
I love the first outfit. I'm going to have to check out that collection.
nomoresweatpants.blogspot.com

Cindi said...

Ahhh another tucker outfit. It's killing me. I really wanted that blouse as well. It's sooo cute! It'll match with a lot of skirts I'm sure. You look so cute for just "waiting for the repairman". Hehe.

Jessica said...

I love both outfits! I'm sad I missed out on the scalloped clouds skirt, it's so darn cute on you! And I want your bouquet of roses heels too. ;)

Jenni said...

YOu look so cute in that first outfit! I saw both pieces in real life at Target yesterday and was bummed that the top looked a little too short for my long torso. I have seen a few people wearing these pieces on various blogs but I have to say you look the cutest in the blouse and skirt with those shoes for sure! =) Love the yellow/blue combo in that second outfit too...have a greta day!

Kim said...

I love that Tucker for Target outfit! I eyed that blouse at Target the other night, but didn't try it. After seeing how adorable it is on you, I'm totally going back!

Leah said...

I love the Tucker for Target outfit! I already picked up the blouse but now I want to go back in and grab that skirt... looks great on you! =)

Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos said...

I may have to order that skirt - it's fabulous. I'm drooling over the Anthro skirt as well, love the outfit!

Pamela said...

I love both looks! I really wanted that Tucker outfit you're wearing but sadly the colors of the top did nothing for me. It looks fantastic on you!

Gemma said...

Just let me know what day you're wearing it and we can be Tucker for Target twins! :) Got the whole outfit this week.
Love your OOTD!

shopwithm said...

Jan, it looks soooo cute on you! Love the top and the skirt -- way more than the jacket. Such an adorable outfit!

triciathomas said...

I love that Tucker for Target outfit!!! So cute! Good luck with the dishwasher, ours is acting up too!

Durham said...

I love your Tucker outfit. Just a note about the dishwasher: In some states dishwasher soap is no longer allowed to have phosphates in it, so it will leave a white film on some of your dishes if you don't have a water softener.

Anonymous said...

Love the pattern play in the first look!

Debbie said...

Both outfits are really cute! You're making me want to go check out the Tucker collection at Target. :-)

SRP said...

I haven't even had a peek at the Tucker for target goods (just online) but I like what I see. I definitely hope to see them IRL before they are gone!

and of course I love the yellow top with the navy scalloped skirt

looking good lady!

Collette Osuna said...

LOVE your anthro skirt..and Ill be at Target this weekend...HOPING to be able to pick up a few Tucker pieces:)

You look fabulous in both outfits!!!


Have a fabulous weekend!
Statements in Fashion Blog

Cat said...

What a great little outfit made perfect by those adorable shoes!! I ventured out to Target last night specifically to see the Tucker line, but my store didn't have it. Do you know if these lines only come to certain Targets?

Peggy said...

OK missy - I went to Target - saw the Tucker line - said "eh" and left. Now look at you - you look wonderful! Love your Tucker outfit!

Peggy said...

p.s. and I feel your September pain!

debbie said...

i got that tucker polka dot top, too! i ordered 2 skirt sizes online, but only received the smaller one since the other is on backorder. it was too small, hopefully the other works out! you pull it off so effortlessly.

Kristina Clemens said...

Totally bought that Tucker blouse...it's so 80's with the necktie and everything! You look adorable in it!

Melissa said...

Both outfits are fantastic! I love the pattern mixing in the first and those shoes are great. You look fabulous in the second outfit too!

I hope you're able to get the dishwasher fixed!

Unknown said...

I love the scalloped adge skirt and the yellow shirt adds a nice pop of color!

Unknown said...

The Tucker polka dot top is so cute. I wish that the material was better, but I succumbed anyway. *lol* Bow ties like that get me.

Tifani said...

The Tucker outfit was just made for you. LOVE IT!!

As you read The Help, remember that I know all the places in the book. While I didn't think it was the best book ever, I loved feeling like I was walking in the past in my own backyard. Her characters are rich. You will want to jump through the page and take little Mae Mo home for your very own.

Sarah said...

I love both outfits!! But, that picture in the backgroud with your last name and est is so cute!!!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

Gasp! You have the Bouquet of Roses heels. I am majorly jealous! But seriously, both of these outfits are absolutely adorable. I love the scalloped edging on the skirt. Such a fun touch!

I hope you were able to rest up a bit this weekend!