In my haste to wear some new purchases from J. Crew, I forgot that it was in fact still a million degrees outside. I have some errands to run, and then a whole house to clean, so the cardi will be ripped off and I'll probably slip into some glamorous gym shorts until it's time to head back to the bus stop and pick up my oldest. It was cute while it lasted (15 minutes).
J. Crew Featherweight cotton bling-button cardigan - wild mushroom, $62
sale - AllProducts - Chiffon tiered tank - J.Crew, $50
Marc by Marc Jacobs Anabelle Stud, $48
Women - bracelets - Crystal Milano bracelet - J.Crew, $30
sale - AllProducts - Chiffon tiered tank - J.Crew, $50
Marc by Marc Jacobs Anabelle Stud, $48
Women - bracelets - Crystal Milano bracelet - J.Crew, $30

14 comments:
It IS cute, 15 minutes or not. =) I love the Featherweight bling-button cardis - they're so nice! I wish I could grab a couple more (I have one in mint). Hmm...surely two more months of warmer temperatures (we have what we used to call "Indian summer" here in SoCal - heat cropping up in October) justifies a "featherweight" cardi purchase?
You look so cute even if it's only for 15 minutes!!! I adore that color on you!
I agree with Tricia, that color is excellent on you!! I have been stalking those cardis for a sale (hope I haven't missed it!). It's still so hot here too, I'll be happy when I can comfortably wear a cardi, much less a full blown sweater or jacket or coat! :)
You look adorable! I love it! Your hair looks particularly gorgeous in these pictures too.
Glad the camera is working! :)
You do look spectacular. So spectacular that I think I need that cardi to wear with my Pearly Glow tank.
I always get fooled dressing in the cool AC and then when I get outside start peeling off layers!
Pretty color cardi. And I like your dark denim rolled jeans!
Thanks girls - I've wanted a cardi in this color for a while, I'm glad I finally caved!
Erin - they are on sale for $24.99! I was able to get this one when there was an extra 20% off all sale too - so the price was great! Hope you grab one (or two. or three)
Melissa - thanks! I actually had it cut and highlighted last night - it needed it, big time!
Tifani - oooh, great idea, those will look perfect together! I love that tank!
I was tolerant of the heat up until today when I was standing in the parking lot and sweat was sliding down my face, legs, neck.. it was disgusting and gross and NO, my school does not have AC. Can you believe that? In a district where some pay 50k/year in property taxes and up... I'm officially over summer.
oh- i love the cardi, can a girl ever have enough cardis? AND, the perilla was gone but thanks for thinking of me!
Aww... I love these fall clothes on you. This summer was so hot that I basically forgot that jeans exist.
As everyone is saying, this color is fabulous on you! One good thing about a hot summer: with a tan, you can rock almost any color. Too bad I still look like a ghost!
You do look cute in this outfit! I can't believe it's still so hot up there! It was actually cool here when I dropped the boys off at school. It didn't last long and shot up to the mid-90's. I agree, your hair looks good. Did you get your bangs cut too? (Bangs is sounding so weird to me now.)
The Two Wheeler is on sale. I hope you are able to snag it! I had my mom hem up the bottom and it looks much better! Anything you plan on getting from the sale?
Spiffy - drats, I'm sorry you missed it - maybe it will pop up again. Or maybe you will buy other dresses from the sale to make you forget about it ;)
Gemma - thanks, I did get my bangs cut. And I did order the Two Wheeler a few hours ago from...um I don't even remember where - the computers were down through CS so I was just calling random stores until I found it. I saw a girl wearing it while I was in DC, and I knew I'd hunt it down the minute it hit sale! I'll bet yours looks so cute now that the length is taken up a bit. I've been pretty bad this week already, but we'll see what else hits sale. I keep checking EE for any new confirmations. I do want the Whirl and Wind Cardi, but I haven't heard anything on that one yet...What about you?
Ok, so the Whirl and Wind was not on sale, but I just had a weak moment and ordered the Ellsworth Blouse - which I think will be really pretty around the holidays. Right? No more Summer. I'm done. DONE.
Absolutely looooooove this outfit!! The coloring of the cardigan, and the tiered tank(i have this, too!!) is gorgeous:) Wear it again when it's much cooler!
The weather is really whacked right now... But its good to be all set for fall... I am excited for you... =)
Post a Comment