Tuesday, September 21, 2010

ROYGBP - Red OOTD

For something fun and different, I'm going to follow the colors of the rainbow when getting dressed this week! As eager as I am for Fall, the temperatures are creeping towards 90, so I'll make the best of it and wear my Summer favorites one last time. Here is my RED outfit of the day.

Anthropologie Summer Wandering Tank
NY&Co. Cardigan
Anthropologie Pulsations Skirt
Anthropologie Pessinus Garden Necklace
Keds Spright Wedges

I don't own a whole lot of red pieces, but I do hope to add this cheerful cardigan to my collection when it finally hits sale. If it ever hits sale. This mornings markdowns did little to excite me...



I'm off to soccer and book club tonight - if you haven't already read The Help, it's fantastic and I highly recommend it! I can't wait to hear the conversation it generates around the circle.

15 comments:

Cindi said...

90's??? I just can't imagine that with our crappy weather here. I woke up to fog and 55! :( Anyhoo...you look so cute with that skirt. I love the color combo with the gray up top.

Peggy said...

Love love the gray! The red makes it pop! Fun idea! Have fun at book club

Melissa said...

Love that red skirt! Circle skirts are so great and big this fall! Hope you get that red cardigan too, it's awesome!

Unknown said...

I love grey w/that skirt. It's the only color I've found so far to go w/it. I love the cardigan you have your eye on, too. I won't go for it, but will enjoy seeing it on you :-)

Pamela said...

My friend Anne recommended that book! I have iton my library list!!

The red and grey work well together. The rainbow dressing is a fun idea!

shopwithm said...

LOVE the gray with it! I saw one skirt left in my store, and almost grabbed it, but held off. I thought of how cute it looked on you though. :) That cardi is so cute! Not sure I can rock it like you could though.

Jenni said...

I love the gray with the skirt...that's one combo I haven't tried yet. Making a mental note!!! =) And we are on the saem wave length...I can't wait for that cardigan to go on sale in red too...it's calling my name!!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Creeping towards the 90s? Heck, we've been 90s+ since April - I'm beginning to think we're not going to get a fall in the SE.

Regardless, you look fabulous as always - though I can't get the thought of a cheerleader out of my head now bc you mentioned it when you first wore that skirt a few weeks ago! ;o)

triciathomas said...

I love the colors idea! I don't have a ton of red either. That skirt is so cute!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

What a cute idea for this week's outfits! If I hadn't already picked out my outfits for the rest of the week, I would totally play along! Maybe when my Dagmar comes, I'll resurrect the Rainbow challenge : )

I am with you on the Breezy Polkas -- SALE.NOW. please?

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea for creating outfits!

Cat said...

Such cute inspiration Jan! I love your red, white and grey look. I'd love to see you winterize that skirt. Is that possible? Hmmm....

Ashley Wilson said...

Hi Jan. What a fun idea! Your skirt with the grey is perfect. I also read The Help and love, loved it. I seriously couldn't put it down! I hope you had fun discussing it!

Jessica said...

You look great and that skirt is so fun! I need to read that book still so I'm glad to hear you liked it. And yes the sale was a letdown but it was so good for my wallet!

Debye said...

I loved The Help, it was a great read!

I am very ready for Fall but we are still in the high 80's here. The gray looks great with this skirt...good call! Can't wait to see how the rest of the rainbow plays out!