Friday, September 3, 2010

OOTD - A Long Time Coming

Carol and Kathryn of In Pursuit of Pretty Things have got to be the cutest friends, ever. It was Carol who first created this winning combination with her In A Moment Dress, in May, Kathryn recreated with the Vappu in June, and I FINALLY have my hands on both pieces (I was stubborn waiting for a sale on both!) now that it's September. I couldn't wait (well, actually I did wait) to put this outfit together, I just love how girly and cute it is. My husband loved it too, except he couldn't understand why I was wearing it today "It's very cute, but where are you going?" and fifteen minutes later "Are you going somewhere today?" Sheesh, I need a friend like Carol or Kathryn to understand - sometimes you wear pretty things just because.

Happily, I was also able to call around and find a replacement Looping Lanes Belt - I couldn't believe the difference on the leather, no traces of having been chewed by a dog! The fit is still a bit strange on the one side, but I've determined that this is because the belt isn't very taut when I wear it, if I situate low on my waist and cause it to stretch more, it doesn't separate on the one side. Either way, I'm glad to have one again.


Anthropologie Vappu Dress
Anthropologie Blooming Lattice Cardi
Anthropologie Looping Lanes Belt
Target Presta Wedges

For the record, I am going somewhere today. Target. Oh, and I'll be taking my son to a birthday party tonight. So there.

15 comments:

shopwithm said...

You look ADORABLE! Love this outfit on you. I was laughing reading your post, b/c I get the same thing from my DH all the time. "What are you all dressed up for?" Well, honey, it's for my trip to Walgreens, followed by the grocery store, if you must know. Sometimes, I just want to wear something nice!

triciathomas said...

I love that combo!!! It's a total winner! I feel like getting dressed up just because all the time! It's hard being a SAHM so I like to dress up and wear cute stuff to feel important!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute about the Target comment. I am the same way and I love wearing dresses "just because". I am such a dress queen and I am glad there are others out there!

Jessica said...

This outfit is one of my faves! And I know how you feel. Sometimes you need to dress up just because. Have fun tonight, you look darling!

Tifani said...

Winner! For an outfit that cute, anywhere you go is a place to be.

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

Oh, your outfit today is gorgeous. I am glad all the elements came together, and that you were able to get another LL belt. It truly is phenomenal, and this one looks absolutely stunning on you.

I can completely sympathize with the "where are you going" question. My BF asks me this every time I come over on the weekend all dressed up. Sometimes we just need to look and feel pretty -- and you definitely do!

So, I ordered a green Blooming Lattice cardi on Ebay, marked as nwot....It came, and it clearly had been used...or at least badly worn from store try-ons. Bad pilling and a stain. So sad...the seller took it back and gave me a full refund, but now I'm still without a Blooming Lattice cardigan. Huge sigh. Oh, and he relisted it...still as nwot. What?!!!

Melissa said...

Ha! So there. :) You're adorable. You look gorgeous in this, I really like it.

I have yet to buy one single thing from Anthro. You always look great but I usually have a budget of about $40 and tend to want more for the money so I get a few things at Ross instead. I'm wondering if I should stop that.

Good for you for wearing something cute just for yourself! If only everyone would do that - we'd probably all be a lot happier!

Kim said...

You have to be the cutest thing ever! I love this outfit - I have the In A Moment Dress in yellow, so I think I'll follow your, Kathryn, and Carol's leads and try it out!
Do you mind telling me where you found the Looping Lanes belt? I'm searching for one for a reader and am having a hard time. Thanks!

Jenni said...

You look totally adorable in this outfit...I love the entire ensemble! Who cares if you're just headed to Target...you'll be the best dressed there! I feel your pain on that same topic....getting dressed up for the littlest things. Sometimes I just feel so much better if I get up, get dressed and look cute! =)

Kim--I picked up the Looping Lanes belt a few weeks ago via a charge send from the store in Palo Alto, CA...not sure if they'd still have any?? Here's the number if you want to check:
(650) 322-0435

Lorraine said...

You look amazing! Of course you don't need to be going anywhere to look cute. Lately I've been a slacker in that area. I've only been getting dressed cute if I have something to do that day. I need to get back to dressing cute everyday because I feel better when I do. Love the outfit! You will be the best looking lady in Target.

Lifeasahoosier said...

Ok....you are hilarious. My neighbor always says something to me when I go outside and I'm wearing a dress or skirt or something. "Where you going?" "What...you are pulling weeds in a dress?" Ha! I keep telling him that I am just true to my style...lol!

You look GREAT! I love that combination!! Did you get bangs? Your hair looks so cute :)

PrettyGyrl10 said...

That is the CUTEST outfit! I'd soooo wear it! It's the cutest combination. You're really giving me some great ideas out of my own closet. Thank you !!

Jan Russell said...

shopwithm - good for you running your errands in style! I feel like my favorite pieces won't get worn enough if I only bust them out on Sunday's!

Tricia - it totally changes my motivation for the day when I'm wearing something cute, it's a huge pick me up!

Crew Fan - too bad we don't all live near one another and we could have lunch at the Target food court in our pretty dresses!

Jessica - true confession, I changed for the pool party - but I definitely had fun chatting it up with the other moms while the boys partied ;)

Tifani - you are so sweet! And I saw your response on the pictures, I think I really need to learn how to use my editing software! Thanks for answering!

Jamie - oh no, that is such a disappointment with your sweater! I hope you are able to find another one! I'm actually tempted to pick up the green too, I love it that much.

Melissa - you can score some pretty sweet deals on 2nd cut at Anthro if you are willing to call around - I hope you get to try a pretty piece soon!

Kim - I hope the information I emailed was helpful - I know the belts are getting scarce!

Jenni - you're exactly right, it really puts a spring in your step to wear something you love!

Carrie - thanks, I did get bangs and layers this past week and my hair totally needed it!

Prettygyrl10 - thank you, I can't take any credit for the winning combination but I'm so glad I could recreate it!

Anjali said...

This is one of my favorite outfits on you ever! You look absolutely fabulous :)

Gemma said...

Such a great outfit! I can't wait till it gets cooler over where I am. I have quite a bit of cardigans that need to have their tags cut and be worn! Glad that you were able to find another Looping Lanes belt. It's a great belt.