Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quick Try On - Southward Stop Dress

I was super excited to tear into my Anthro package this afternoon and had to try on the Southward Stop dress immediately. I have to tell you...it was love...

I didn't notice this until I looked at the pictures, but it obviously has ample arm holes. Also, for me it ran TTS - I was able to pull the size 0 over my head without unbuttoning it and it didn't pull or constrict in the least across the top. I love the chevron detailing so much - that alone sold me on this dress (because believe me, it wasn't the bird or deer!)

I wasn't sure from the Polyvore set I created if the Berry Bush Tights from last year would actually work or not. They did.

With the Roaming Frills Cardi


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Looks great!

laylablue said...

oooh oooh oooh!
love the outfit! this may be my favorite since i've been lurking on your blog!
the grey tones are superb.

just for a mix, sometime you might try something orange somewhere (beaded bracelet, cardigan, flower pin on plain sweater...)

Sara said...

You look adorable. Everything looks great together! I can't wait to see this dress in person.

Gemma said...

I like this whole outfit! It looks great. I'm going to need to get to a store soon and try this one on. I haven't been so lucky with the shirtdresses lately. This is going to look good with boots, too. Did you end up ordering those bow boots?

Jan Russell said...

theanthropologieconnoisseur - thanks!

laylablue - I'm so glad you commented, I love your idea of adding orange, I'll have to give that a try - the necklace might be especially cute!

Sara - it's a great mom dress, for sure!

Gemma - this was just a smidge roomy - so I bet with a belt you can definitely make it work :) I did order the boots, and I'm so mad because they were supposed to be backordered until 8/30 and now it's been pushed until 9/10 - I don't want to wait any longer - I can't wait to try them!!!

SRP said...

aww Jan, I love it on you! and your styling of it is fantastic! now we are twins.. again (i bought it too!)

Jessica said...

You are too cute Jan! I love how you styled it and love that you put it on right away!

Debbie said...

Adorable!! The tights and cardigan go with it perfectly. :-)

Dea said...

Jan this looks perfect on you and makes you look so young! This dress has been popping up all over the blogosphere so I'm kind of curious to see it in person. Seeing you in tights got me excited about the coming fall. It's a keeper for sure, you look wonderful!!

Kathryn said...

Oh my GOSH that dress is *perfection* on you! I absolutely adore how you've styled it and I'm *this close* to taking some pill or going to go see a hypnotist or something to get over my fear of birds so that I can have the same outfit. LOVE!

Congrats on your new purchase!!! You look fabulous!!!

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

You look fabulous! That dress fits you like a dream and is a perfect now-through-winter outfit! Some things are just worth it at full price - great buy!

Unknown said...

I love the use of the Berry Bush tights! This dress is fantastic (for me because of the birds and deer but also) because it can pick up so many great colours to style with it!

I just found your blog through a linked post and I have to say your description of why you needed this blog is so adorable and slightly sad! My heart goes out to you with so many boys in your life! Your life must certainly never be dull. :)

Carol said...

Oh Jan, how pretty are you in that dress??? I love it!!! Yay!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

Oh my goodness -- you look fabulous in this dress. It's just perfect on you, especially with the dark tights and the Roaming Frills cardigan. You styled it so beautifully.

I am so impressed by this dress. Anthro absolutely has the best shirtdresses...and one in corduroy? Ingenious!

BTW, I love the colors on your walls -- they are so gorgeous. I can't wait until I'm no longer in an apartment and I can actually PAINT!

Lorraine said...

I love it! It looks so cute on you.

Melissa said...

Fantastic outfit and I love the look of that bag! How's the quality in person??

Anonymous said...

Love your outfit jan!
I have to say i succumbed to the dress also because it is so flattering on. Thanks for the polyvore, the grey tights are a nice touch