Saturday, March 13, 2010

Be Bold. Be Brave. Be Seen in a Bubble Skirt.

Recently, I purchased the Montgolfier skirt from Anthropologie on deep discount. I think the hot air balloons make it irresistible. It will however be my first time traipsing around in a bubble hem.

Montgolfier Skirt

Items in this set:
Marc by Marc Jacobs Zaire Sweater Cardigan - Electropop pink, $190
Merona® Women's Ultimate Sleeveless Tank - Ebony : Target, $9.99
Montgolfier Skirt, $160
VANELi 'Desila' Wedge Sandal, $70
SR SQUARED by Sondra Roberts Straw Satchel - Free Overnight Shipping...

And as if I weren't self-conscious about that enough, I saw this book featured in People magazine this week...

along with some top tips - including one on "Pouf Skirts" Voluminous styles are superfattening. Not many women need extra girth around the thighs.

Let's hope the cute print distracts....

7 comments:

SRP said...

Oh I LOVE that skirt. I never tried it on so I can't speak to what it does for the hips, but I'm betting you will look fab- can't wait to see it, come on spring!!!

SRP said...

eeep- the skirt is adorable- that book knows nothing!
Ok, now how on earth am I going to find one?

Gemma said...

It does look nice on you! And it does NOT make your hips look big. Not at all! Why didn't it look good on me? I'm sad I put it back now even if it looked too long and bad on me. It's such a fun print!

Freer Family said...

That skirt is adorable! You look absolutely too good in it! I need one now! Can you hunt it down for me???

Diem said...

Very cute! I had to stop by and see how you styled it. I wore mine with a pink jacket and boots because it was still cold here.

Jan Russell said...

Nicole - I will keep my eyes and ears open!

Diem - thanks for commenting! It's still cold (and raining miserably!) here too, I was just playing dress-up with the skirt ;)

Freer Family said...

Thanks Jan :)